Courtyard by Marriott Chicago O'Hare
Comfort Inn O'Hare(Des Plaines)
$137
$149
$144
$129
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsrivers casinostandard courtyardclose to the airporthour and half hourpark and flythe shuttle drivero'hare airporthotel shuttlean early flightwould stay here againbusiness tripbeds were comfortableblue linelobbychicagodowntownord
Reviewed June 21, 2013

New sunny patio was a great place to check emails and catch some Vitamin D. The new lobby includes the Courtyard Bistro with Starbucks coffee. The staff was fantastic - the front desk and Bistro staff were great, friendly and helpful. Rooms were fine. There was some noise from the highway nearby but I turn the fan to "ON" to drown it out and had no problem sleeping. Would recommend for a convenient place near O'Hare (we needed to go to Mount Prospect and it was convenient to that as well - about 10 minutes away). Downtown Chicago is quite a trek from here (but worth it).

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Ed B, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Chicago O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Dear Traveler,
Thank you for your review of your recent experience here at the Courtyard by Marriott Chicago O'Hare. We were glad to read that your experience with us was a positive one and that you enjoyed being able to take advantage of some of the amenities we offer as well as just being able to relax in our courtyard.
We hope you will think of us again the next time your travel plans bring you back to the area. Thank you for choosing Marriott!
All the best!

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Nice hotel and convenient to the Allstate Arena (2 miles) and next to Rivers Casino. Rivers Casino was a short walk across a parking lot. Room was nice and clean with a flat screen tv. Very comfortable bed, I slept very well which is unusual for me. Staff was friendly and helpful. Ask for a courtyard room since the highway can be noisy. Ample parking and free. Wifi worked well and easy to link up.

Management take note, new larger coffee pots in rooms would be money well spent. Disappointing since i need coffee in h morning. Also a mirror in the main room would be nice too. All in all I was pleased with the accommodations and I would stay there again.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Traveler,
Thank you for taking the time to post a TripAdvisor Review of your recent visit to the Courtyard by Marriott Chicago O'Hare. We were glad to read that you and your family found our hotel comfortable and convenient to the area attractions you wanted to visit. The entire area is growing and we look forward to you and your family returning once the Outlet Mall opens in August.
Thank you again for your review and for choosing Marriott!
Best Regards.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

We used an online booking service to book this hotel. We chose this one hotel out of several good ones in the area specifically for the pool/whirlpool. We also pre-paid for breakfast. Upon arrival, we were not told about the breakfast option ( had booked this 2 weeks prior and had been travelling for 12 days that I forgot what I booked) nor were we told about the broken pool/whirlpool and the option of going to the hotel next door to utilize theirs. Upon checking out we verbalized our displeasure only to be told that since we booked online, there was no availability to refund us. The online site was not able to refund us as well. Very disappointing experience. I do not recommend this hotel chair or this specific hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Ed B, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Chicago O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Dear Traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent experience here at the Courtyard by Marriott Chicago O'Hare. Please accept my apologies that your experience with us did not meet your expectations. We attempted to contact all guests regarding the enhancements to our pool area, I'm sorry that we missed you. As a result of your comments, I will make sure our team communicates important information to our guest in the future.
Thank you again for choosing Marriot and we look forward to the opportunity to accommodate you again when your travel plans bring you back to the area.
Best regards,

Reviewed June 8, 2013

We were forced to layover in Chicago because of bad weather. The airline offered us a voucher at a local hotel, but we chose instead the Courtyard by Marriott at O'Hare. We had stayed there previously but had not been at the hotel for over a year. At that time it was showing its age but it was still preferable to the one offered by the airline. Having of the hotel number on speed dial on my cell phone made calling them quite easy. The front desk clerk was very helpful and assured me that they would have a room in spite of the lateness of the hour. He gave us directions to where to find the shuttle bus.

The hotel shuttle driver was very helpful with our luggage, both loading at the airport and unloading at the hotel. The lobby had a gorgeous renovation. Our room had been tastefully updated and our bed was quite comfortable
The restaurant service was quite good. This turned what could have been an annoying situation into a pleasurable diversion.

The Courtyard also offers stay here fly there which we have used many times in the past and we have found the staff to be quite accommodating.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Michael S

Dear Traveler,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent visit to the Courtyard by Marriott Chicago O'Hare. We were thrilled to read that you thought of us despite receiving a hotel voucher from one of the airlines, your loyalty is truly appreciated. We also appreciate your comments regarding our staff and the level of service they provided during your brief layover.
Thank you again for choosing Marriott and we hope to see you again in the near future!

Best Regards,

Reviewed May 23, 2013

No issues with the hotel at all... Other than the breakfast is not included.
Big issue with the shuttle service. It took me close to an hour to get to the hotel from the airport as the shuttle only comes every 30 minutes, after the VERY LONG walk from T3 to the ORD Bus/Shuttle center, I was unlucky enough to "apparently" miss a shuttle by 5 minutes. 25 minute wait for a airport hotel shuttle, is too much. Plus traffic, plus a special detour to pick up people at T5 (Why can they pick up at T5 and not at other terminals?). I could have been in downtown Chicago, at a better hotel in the same amount of time if I would have taken the L.
Next morning, I needed to get to downtown Chicago. Took a later shuttle to avoid the early morning airport rush (8:30) and in fact, everybody in the shuttle needed to catch the L at Rosemont, but the shuttle driver was very rude and insisted in going to the airport first (Rosemont station is on the way to the airport, and the detour is 1-2 minutes), the whole shuttle was let off at a dangerous intersection to fend off for ourselves, while Mr. Shuttle Driver went with an empty van to the airport.
Afternoon shuttle drivers were much nicer, as they stopped at Rosemont without any problems.
Had another issue on my departure day (5:00AM shuttle) with the same driver as before (short, black-haired guy). I had to run out to catch the shuttle, again, because they only run every 30 mins and he was rude because he had to open the door to put my luggage in the back. This morning shuttle guy is incredibly rude and I am not sure he should be in this business.

1  Thank ranger22SG
Ed B, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Chicago O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Dear Traveler,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent experience here at the Courtyard by Marriott Chicago O'Hare. Please accept my apologies for the frustrations you experienced with our shuttle driver. Behavior of this nature is not the type of service we strive to deliver and will be addressed by our Leadership Team.
Thank you again for your comments and for choosing Marriott!
Best regards,