“We won't go there again.”

Courtyard Chicago O'Hare
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Des Plaines
Reviewed August 8, 2011

The staff were friendly and helpful. But that's all the good I can say about this hotel. (And although the food at the small restaurant in the hotel was good, the guy working there looked like he hated his job and was NOT friendly like the rest of the staff.)
I waited 5 minutes at the front desk before anyone showed up to check us in. Then we had to wait over an hour beyond check-in time for our room to be ready. While we waited, the kids went swimming - in a pool house that looked like it hadn't been updated for decades. (The lobby, however, was very up to date and clean.)
When we got to the room I was very disappointed. It was NOT what was shown online. Smaller and more worn than expected. This was supposed to be a special family weekend and I was sorely disappointed.
I was disturbed by what came on TV when we turned it on. The TV was loaded w/ 'adult' channels. Even after calling the front desk to have them turned off, a couple of horrible channels remained. And because the remote could only change channels by flipping through all of the channels, we had to decide to either close our eyes as we changed channels or turn it off. 1 more thing that served to spoil our stay at this hotel for our kids.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank bdstephen
Ed B, Manager at Courtyard Chicago O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2011

Please accept my apologies that you and your families experience with us was not to the standard you have come to expect from a Marriott property. I have personally shared your comments with our Leadership Team in order to avoid a reoccurrence in the future.
Thank you again for your review. We hope will allow us another opportunity to regain your confidence in our hotel and team in the future.
Respectfully,
Ed Brunt

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Chicago O'Hare

Reviewed August 7, 2011

I scored this on Priceline for a great rate ($55) Checked in late evening on a Saturday night. The newly opened Rivers Casino is directly next door. They have security upon entering the parking lot and make sure you are on the guest list to prevent casino goers from parking in their lot..

Check-in was smooth. Beds were comfortable. They looked to have a nice indoor pool area, but we were too late to use it. Room was clean. We were on the first floor away from the casino and it was quiet.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Ed B, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2011

Thank you for your positive review! We look forward to accomodating you again on your next visit to the Chicagoland area.
Best Regards,
Ed Brunt

Reviewed August 4, 2011

we stayed one night only, but found everything very smartly set for the traveller: free shuttle for the airport starting at 4 am, flight status displayed on line in the lobby, pc and printer to allow boarding card printout... everything perfect!
We eat something for a light dinner at the bar, and there was a reasonable choice of "light bites". I would definitely recommend this place for a stopover.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2011

My daughter and I stayed here for 3 nights while we were taking a tour of Northwestern University and checking out Chicago as a side trip. I picked this Courtyard because of it's proximity to the airport and although it was a bit of a drive to our destinations it wasn't bad at all. The area around the hotel was very nice and safe. The room was comfortable and very clean. There were a lot of shops and restaurants close buy. I would most certainly recommend this hotel and I would stay here again if I ever get back to the Chicago area. It was also very reasonably priced. I got a package deal through Expedia and when you factored out the airfare the room was just $89 a night.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 4, 2011

My family visited this hotel during the 4th of July weekend. This hotel was definitely a steal at $89/night. The hotel has a beautiful lobby, clean and well-decorated rooms, a nice indoor pool/jacuzzi, and a beautiful courtyard.The airport shuttle driver was very friendly and the shuttles ran on time. This hotel could easily charge $159-169/night.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 20, 2011

We booked a room in March for our June stay, with a roll-away bed. When we arrived, we were told the rollaway would be there in 15 minutes. In the meantime, we tried to take a shower, but there was no hot water in the hotel. We had to get up the next day at 3:30 am to catch our flight. After 10 pm (90 minutes later) we were told there was actually no roll-away available. After I was required to throw a fit to get what we paid for, we finally were given a suite. The elevator did not work, so that at 3:30 am, we bounced our suitcase down 3 flights of stairs, which I'm sure the other guests failed to appreciate.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Teresa M
Reviewed March 8, 2011

I travelled to Des Plaines last week for business and was expecting the typical B Level hotel chain, but couldn't get over the service, the cleanliness and the F&B offering at this chain. We got in around 9pm and ate at the restaurant in the lobby. The options were varied and sounded good. The food was delicious when we got it and stayed hot until eaten. We enjoyed it so much, we returned again in the morning for breakfast. The bartender/server/cook working on the evening of 3/2 was friendly, courteous and quick with getting our food to us. We will stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Hyatt Place Chicago/O'Hare Airport
Hyatt Rosemont
Hyatt Rosemont
#10 of 18 in Rosemont

Been to Courtyard Chicago O'Hare? Share your experiences!