“Perfect Pre-Flight Stay”

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Des Plaines
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Perfect Pre-Flight Stay”
Reviewed August 1, 2011

We booked the Radisson for the 14 night free parking while on an international trip. The free parking paid for itself (it would've been more $$$ just to park the car at a lot than to stay at the hotel and park for free). So it was a great value.

The hotel itself was very clean. The room was average, maybe a bit worn in a few spots, but perfectly clean. There was what seemed like a party a few doors down, but we did not hear anything inside the room. We had a toddler with us, and were put in the last room at the end of the hallway - exactly where we want to be with a baby. I can always tell good hotel management when that happens....its simply good planning to me when families with babies are isolated from everyone else - baby can sleep, and everyone else avoids crying :) I am sure its luck sometimes when it happens, but I always just credit hotel management.

The free shuttle was nice. A little slow from the international terminal, but quick (and busy) to the other terminals.

We parked in the back lot, which appeared to be a safe place to park for 2 weeks unattended. They give you a slip of paper to stick in your dash window, and instruct you to park in certain areas. No issues with the car and/or parking.

Overall, for the value and the free parking, I would recommend this hotel to anyone flying out of O'Hare.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
KaiChow, General Manager at Wyndham Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, September 25, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your compliments!

The feedbacks you have provided will help us to continue deliver our highest quality of guest service. We take pride in taking care of all guest needs while away from their home.

I shall convey your compliments to our associates which they will appreciate very much.

As to the room you occupied, I apologize that the in-room facilities did not meet with your expectations. Our maintenance team will look into the quality of work done in guest rooms and make sure that rooms completely pass our quality assurance check before there are put back in inventory.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at: kchow@ohareradisson.com, if I can be of any assistance on your next visit.

Again, thank you for taling time to provide these valuable feedbacks and compliments.

Kai Chow
Radisson Hotel Chicago O'Hare
1450 East Touhy Avenue
Des Plaines, IL 60018
Ph: 847-296-8866

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Jackson, Tennessee
Reviewed July 27, 2011

This is a very nice hotel but beware, booking online is much cheaper then booking at the desk! It can save you a lot of money if you book online. So we did. And after that we had a wonderful stay here. The beds were amazing (got to love SleepNumber beds!), the staff was very friendly and the rooms were very clean.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valuable feedbacks and compliments!

We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us on your recent visit.

Our associates take pride in consistently delivering high quality guest services by providing availability, functionality and cleanliness for all guests regardless of the source of booking.

We are looking forward to welcoming you on your next visit.

Thank you.

Kai Chow
Radisson Hotel Chicago O'Hare
1450 East Touhy Avenue
Des Plaines, IL 60018
Ph: 847-296-8866
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 9, 2011

Everything was perfectly fine about this hotel - clean, comfortable, friendly staff - except one thing I consider essential - soundproofing. The walls were so thin that one can hear the conversation or TV in the next room almost as if it was in your own. Part of the problem is that the rooms have unused metal doors leading to each other, and the sound carries through the doors. In order to get a good night's sleep, I had to run the fan all night to block out the next door neighbors who seemed to stay up past reasonable waking time.

Room Tip: ask for a room next to one that's unoccupied!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank vladb
JimConway, General Manager at Wyndham Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, June 13, 2011
Dear Guest,

My sincerest of apologies for the noise you experienced during your stay. The room you were assigned happened to be connecting/adjoining room. I will certainly have our Engineering Team take a look and see what can be down to get better soundproofing. Our standard guest rooms do not have the connecting doors inbetween guest rooms, therefore, do not have the same problem. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed all other aspects of your stay. Please let me know if I can ever be of assistance to you in the future.

Post Mills
Reviewed June 2, 2011

I was impressed that Jim replied to the comments on this site. I emailed the site before our stay explaining that we were coming for our anniversary trip. Jim responded, and we talked about our plans to use the train to go into Chicago each day. He was open and honest about the fact that the Radisson O'Hare is mainly geared to O'Hare commuters, and the trip via shuttle and train would take around 1 hr 15 min each way. That was OK, because thanks to his honesty, I knew what to expect. He provided us with chocolate covered strawberries and champagne in honor of our anniversary, and called our room to make sure everything was OK once we arrived. The effort he put into making our stay a great experience made all the difference. I was delighted with our stay, and would highly recommend this hotel, especially to O'Hare commuters - free shuttles run 2X /hr - 24/7 - very convenient, especially when catching a 6AM return flight !

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
JimConway, General Manager at Wyndham Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, June 7, 2011
Thank you very much for the kind words. Our staff is happy that you enjoyed your time with us. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Espoo
Reviewed May 13, 2011

I stayed here for 4 nights on a recent trip to Chicago. Instead of giving a general review, let me break it down:

Service - OK, not great. The staff at the front desk was nice, but basically indifferent to my arrival. I had to ask some standard questions, as the info wasn't proactively provided, like WiFi availablitly, breakfast times, best way to get to the city, etc. They were nice and everything, but not really enthusiastic about helping me with my stay.

Location - Great if you're only staying by the airport, but a pain if you want to go to the city on a regular basis. The shuttle runs every half hour to the airport, where you can catch a 40 minute train to the city for about $2.25. Alternatively you can take a taxi that takes about the same time, but costs about 40 bucks all in all.

Food - I didn't eat at the restaurant, only breakfast, which was nothing at all to write home about. The same food everyday, only a few hot options and a few cold options - for $11.99. If you need a fast and unexciting breakfast, just go across the street to IHOP where at least you have more options for a cheaper price.

Comfort - The bed was great, room was clean, but I was on the ground floor where where it was LOUD every morning. I could hear housekeeping from 6am onwards walking up and down the halls, in and out of rooms, people talking, etc., so I would suggest demanding a room on another floor. On the plus side my room had a large HD flatscreen TV.

Fitness center - Pretty bad. Just a couple of treadmills and a single machine. So if you want to do anything more, you better go somewhere else.

So all in all, a decent hotel, but not great. Good value for money but nothing exciting.

Room Tip: Not on the ground floor!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank SalG143
JimConway, General Manager at Wyndham Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, May 18, 2011
We appreciate your feedback from your recent visit. It is our goal that every guest enjoys every aspect of their stay with us. I am happy to inform you that we are revising our breakfast offering. Our buffet will always include two hot egg items, breakfast potatoes, sausage, bacon, waffles and/or French Toast, an oatmeal station, fresh yogurst and pastry station. If there is something else you would like us to include, please let us know. Our fitness center was recently upgraded with all new Precor Fitness Equipment (two treadmills, two eliptical machines, one stationary bike, dumbells and universal weight lifting machine) Again, please let us know what equipment you feel would be better suited, and we will definately give it consideration. We would be delighted to have you stay with us again in the near future. Please feel free to contact me direct, as I would be happy to assist you in any way possible.

Galway, Ireland
Reviewed May 12, 2011

I Stayed here for 3 nights while attending a wedding in Chicago. It was very reasonable priced, the room was comfortable & clean (no complaints) & free wi fi. The staff were very helpful & friendly. I had dinner once in the Long Horn next door which was delicious!I also had breakfast once in the hotel and it average. Overall I was happy with my stay & had no complaints...... until I got home & realised the hotel had over charged my credit card by $100. When I called to complain they said it was a security deposit charge for any incidentals & they would refund. I have heard a hotels/car hire companies putting a hold on your credit card incase of incidentals, but not actually charging. They also charged it on the day I checked out (not the day I checked in), so it made no sense to me.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
4 Thank cunga22
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us! I am sorry for the confusion about our check-in policy for supplying a deposit. Basically how it works is that our reservations system automatically calculates the total for your stay (room charge and tax), and then adds an additional $20 per day, to cover any incidental charges such as room service, room charges, phone calls etc. When you pay with a credit card, the reservation system only authorizes this amount, and then upon check-out, actually charges the actual amount due. Any extra money that was authorized on your credit card is released by the hotel, with a notice immediately going back to the issuing bank of the credit card being used. Each bank then has their own policy in place as to how long they have to release the additional authorized amount. I agree with you that it can be very confusing. Looking at your reservation, there was in fact only one charge at the end of your stay. If you would like to discuss in further detail, please feel free to call me direct at 847-296-8866 Ext. 701. I am glad to hear that the rest of your stay with us was enjoyable.

Reviewed April 20, 2011

We had an early flight out of O'Hare and were able to return our rental care to the Advantage car rental place just 1/2 block away. Comfortable clean rooms, friendly staff, great shuttle to the airport, everything was just fine.

"Sleep number" beds did nothing for me in particular, but were OK.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank TravelFamMidwest
JimConway, General Manager at Wyndham Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, April 22, 2011
We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! Being located close to soo much dining, shopping, O'Hare Airport and car rental facilities is one of the best things we hear from our customers. Glad you found us convenient. We hope to see you back in the near future!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Des Plaines
#4 of 9 in Des Plaines
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago O'Hare Airport
Holiday Inn & Suites Chicago O'Hare Rosemont
Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare

Been to Wyndham Chicago O'Hare? Share your experiences!