“Hotel has stopped maintaining the facility” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Chicago O’Hare - Allstate Arena

Extended Stay America - Chicago O’Hare - Allstate Arena
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Des Plaines
Princeton, New Jersey
“Hotel has stopped maintaining the facility”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

The lights weren't working over the beds in the first room we were given. Moved to a 2nd room, and in the morning discovered that the shower was broken. The desk clerk told me that I could shower in another room. That was unacceptable so she assigned us another room which turned out to be the first room where the lights weren't working. Assigned us to a third room. Instead of getting ready for my meeting I had to move my luggage to the next room.
These rooms have a little kitchen area and the company's ad brags that guests don't have to make coffee in the bathroom. Well I ended up making coffee in the bathroom because the outlets in the kitchen area weren't working! I gave it one star because the place is quiet.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Lois M
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago O’Hare - Allstate Arena, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize for the maintenance issues that you experienced during your stay. I will work with our entire staff to improve our maintenance policies so that this issue does not affect our future guests. If you would like to provide any additional feedback, please feel free to contact me directly at, coh@extendedstay.com.

Again, thank you for the comments. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Oak Creek, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

I would not recommend that you pick this place for park and fly especially if your are flying in the evening. I flew in from canada and my flight was little delayed but I thought I would be still fine. I called the front desk and i was told I m "3" minutes late. They will not accommodate me since the last shuttle is already done for the day. It was only 3 minutes and you are telling me you cannot make a quick trip of 2 miles to the airport knowing that it's not my fault. The plane was late. Anyways I ended up paying extra $20 to the cab. So when I got back to the hotel. The guy at the front desk was very rude instead of being apologetic. I asked for the manager number and he denied to give me one. I learned my lesson the hard way. I should have not parked there the first time when I had bathroom problem. SO PLEASE PAY AN EXTRA DOLLAR A DAY AND PARK SOMEWHERE CLOSER OR at least a place that offers 24 hr pick n drop service.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago O’Hare - Allstate Arena, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Thank you for bringing your experience to our attention. Please accept our most sincere apologies for not being able to pick you up at the time requested. As well, I am sorry that our staff did not attend to your needs in a professional manner. Your feedback will be helpful as we continue to improve our guest experience. We hope that you will give us an opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you’re in town.

Travelers are raving about these Des Plaines hotels

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

If You Travel To Chicago's North Side Or Chicago's North & Northwest Suburbs For business,This Is The Place for You!
It Borders With O'hare,Rosemont.
Walking Distance To A Lot And Lot More 10 minutes By Car.
Price Good More To Spend On Other Things.
Customer service The Best Just come try It .
I Live In pompano Beach Florida,Work In Chicago.
I Spend 50% Of My Live Here At Extended Stay It Is Family.
Don't Forget Try It You Deserve It.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Haifa, Israel
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

Arrived at 11am and asked to check in after a 14 trip the girl (Angela) in the lobby was not nice and told me without even checking that you cannot check in before three pm... Stayed for one night in a king size bedroom which was clean, the "breakfast" is muffins and apples was lame.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Nimrod U
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago O’Hare - Allstate Arena, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am pleased to read your remarks about our clean king size bedroom. However, I am very sorry that your check-in process was not efficient especially after your 14-hour trip. I have reviewed your comments with my staff , and we will take proper action to make sure your experience is not repeated.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Please feel free to contact me directly, at coh@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

What makes the place really nice is their staff. These are people who listen to you and and get things done the best way. I cant remember all of their names, but each one of them had done their part to keep things going. Am sure most of you know the good things of any hotel, but even when there were some hickups here and there, these people fix them before i come back from work and all i had to do was to make a call. Thanks to all of you!

Its a great location if you want to comfortably connect to Downtown's Blue Line using the Hotels Shuttle. Just that the shuttle runs once every hour only. I would wish they go back to their old Schedule of every 30 mins.

The rooms are very comfortable and good enough to enjoy yourselves or start a quiet party with friend.

They could improve on cost for laundry and their Grab and Go menu.

Overall it was very comfortable for a person who is working 8 hours a day and just wants to have some quiet time and relaxed sleep in the evenings.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Shiva1518
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago O’Hare - Allstate Arena, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that our staff provided you with exceptional and accommodating service during your stay. I will be sure to advise our staff of your wonderful compliments of their service. Also, I am happy to hear that you found your room to be comfortable and our location to be ideal for your stay. Thank you for informing me in regards to the grab-and-go breakfast menu as well as the cost of laundry; we will keep these comments in mind for future updates.

Oak Creek, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

I picked this place for park n fly for 4 nights. I drove from Milwaukee 4am to catch the 5am shuttle. I asked for bathroom n I am being told that there is no public bathroom. If I want to use one I have to drive to nearest gas station. Seriously where am I? In 3rd world

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank turi_tuti
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago O’Hare - Allstate Arena, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. I am very sorry for your experience. We can understand after the drive from Milwaukee how frustrated you must have been. Unfortunately, a public washroom was not included when our site was constructed. Still, I am sending your valuable feedback to our corporate offices so they are aware of this suggestion.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at coh@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Great Staff Ms Mendez,Angela,Aziza and Andy make 3 star place a 4 star plus home !.
Location Location Rosemont,O'hare 5 minutes, 20 minutes to downtown or the cubs.
nice and easy super transportation hub.
price 5 $tar$.
we live in Florida and work in Chicago we spend 20 days every month here.
Try it, you will love it.
With Regards Julio Garcia

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago O’Hare - Allstate Arena, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Julio - The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such positive things about the hotel and our staff, especially Angela, Aziza and Andy. As well, I am glad that you like our hotel's location.

Thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I look forward to offering you a comfortable stay now and in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Des Plaines
#2 of 10 in Des Plaines
4.0 of 5 stars 699 reviews
Holiday Inn Express Chicago O'Hare
Residence Inn Chicago O'Hare

Been to Extended Stay America - Chicago O’Hare - Allstate Arena? Share your experiences!