Extended Stay America - Chicago O’Hare - Allstate Arena
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Des Plaines
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Its been nearly 3 week that i am staying this hotel. Fairly satisfactory. Helpful stay and goods rates for extended stays...
Overall cleaning and quiteness is good. Even tough so close to the Airport, planes do not bother you since the soundproof system is excellent.

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side are quiter
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Lmendez86, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago O’Hare - Allstate Arena, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Thank you for your nice review of our property. My entire staff strives to make every guests stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest news is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at an affordable price. We look forward to seeing you back again in the future

Reviewed October 13, 2012

The staff at the hotel were great. They were very helpful, professional and friendly. The hotel itself was very clean as well as my room. The staff were there to answer any questions and inquires that I had as well as give me directions on how to get around town. It was my first time to Chicago and outside of the traffic, the staff helped me in enjoying my first visit. Thank you to the all the staff at Extended Stay Deluxe.

Room Tip: I was in room 300 at the end of the hall. The view was of the airport and free way.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
john016, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago O’Hare - Allstate Arena, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Thank you for your nice review of our property. My entire staff strives to make every guests stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest news is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels (sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at an affordable price. We look forward to seeing you back again in the future.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

As I write this, I am sitting in my room, which has recently been "cleaned". There are empty beer bottles on the counter, the ashtray still has cigarette butts in it, there's an empty food container sitting on the fridge, the bed has not been made properly, and there is clutter scattered throughout the room. For the past three days, I have been complaining to staff about a leaky air conditioner that has soaked the carpet from the wall to halfway across the bed. I walked in to find a loud, industrial-sized fan running, the staff's attempt at fixing the issue. The floor is still soaked. I went downstairs to complain. As per usual at this hotel, there is no one at the front desk. Avoid this place like the plague. This is the most poorly-run hotel I have ever had the displeasure of staying in.

• Stayed: August 2012
john016, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago O’Hare - Allstate Arena, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that you were dissatisfied with your guest room. I am meeting with the local management to ensure that this type of issue does not happen again in the future. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at CHO@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

nice little cozy place , home away from home. good value especially if stay is for a an extended period.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank alboreez4444

Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that we could be your home away from home. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed July 11, 2012

I have been staying at this hotel for approximately 7 months. The staff is warm and friendly. The shuttle service is prompt and if possible they will provide transportation to nearby shopping and restaurants. They are also within walking distance if you wanted. The kitchen is well equipped. The oven is a nice convenience to have. There is ample parking on site. If I ever have any special needs or requests they have always been able to fulfill them. The onsite laundry facility is convenient too. The park across the street is a great place to relax and walk around the lake. For a home away from home this hotel has worked out well for me.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank maddymey19
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago O’Hare - Allstate Arena, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay Deluxe Chicago - O'Hare. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.

Reviewed June 16, 2012

My sister-in-law and I stay here frequently and wouldn't even consider another place for location and value. Angela (at the front desk) is an angel. She has gone well out of her way to help us out on several occasions.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed May 7, 2012

my boyfriend and i recently stayed here for a weekend when seeing Rammstein at the Allstate Arena - it was the cheapest hotel within walking distance of the arena, and i wanted to get in line early! for the price, i was not expecting much, thinking i could deal with a grimier hotel for the sake of seeing my favorite band from the front row. i was, however, very pleasantly surprised - the staff, including front desk and the shuttle driver, were very friendly, the room was spacious and clean, and to top it off, it was only a 15 minute walk to the arena, a Target, and a number of restaurants. i won't say it was the most pristine room i've ever stayed in (mostly just small signs of wear and some small trash items under the sofa when we moved it out temporarily to face the tv) but i would say it was cleaner than my student apartment, and i consider myself quite a tidy person. although it doesn't have some of the fancy amenities that a more expensive hotel might offer (daily cleaning/linen changing, etc), we found Extended Stay Delux to be absolutely ideal for our needs - i would definitely recommend it to anyone who can live without coming home to a mint on your pillow, but still wants an affordable, comfortable, and homey hotel experience.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rando42

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay Deluxe Chicago - O'Hare. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays. Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Des Plaines
#5 of 9 in Des Plaines
Comfort Inn O'Hare
Comfort Inn O'Hare
#4 of 9 in Des Plaines

Been to Extended Stay America - Chicago O’Hare - Allstate Arena? Share your experiences!