Extended Stay America - Chicago O’Hare - Allstate Arena
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Des Plaines
“Hotel From Hell”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

As I write this, I am sitting in my room, which has recently been "cleaned". There are empty beer bottles on the counter, the ashtray still has cigarette butts in it, there's an empty food container sitting on the fridge, the bed has not been made properly, and there is clutter scattered throughout the room. For the past three days, I have been complaining to staff about a leaky air conditioner that has soaked the carpet from the wall to halfway across the bed. I walked in to find a loud, industrial-sized fan running, the staff's attempt at fixing the issue. The floor is still soaked. I went downstairs to complain. As per usual at this hotel, there is no one at the front desk. Avoid this place like the plague. This is the most poorly-run hotel I have ever had the displeasure of staying in.

• Stayed August 2012
john016, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago O’Hare - Allstate Arena, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that you were dissatisfied with your guest room. I am meeting with the local management to ensure that this type of issue does not happen again in the future. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at CHO@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 12, 2012

nice little cozy place , home away from home. good value especially if stay is for a an extended period.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank alboreez4444
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that we could be your home away from home. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
des plaines
Reviewed July 11, 2012

I have been staying at this hotel for approximately 7 months. The staff is warm and friendly. The shuttle service is prompt and if possible they will provide transportation to nearby shopping and restaurants. They are also within walking distance if you wanted. The kitchen is well equipped. The oven is a nice convenience to have. There is ample parking on site. If I ever have any special needs or requests they have always been able to fulfill them. The onsite laundry facility is convenient too. The park across the street is a great place to relax and walk around the lake. For a home away from home this hotel has worked out well for me.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank maddymey19
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago O’Hare - Allstate Arena, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay Deluxe Chicago - O'Hare. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.
Southern Illinois
Reviewed June 16, 2012

My sister-in-law and I stay here frequently and wouldn't even consider another place for location and value. Angela (at the front desk) is an angel. She has gone well out of her way to help us out on several occasions.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Normal, Illinois
Reviewed May 7, 2012

my boyfriend and i recently stayed here for a weekend when seeing Rammstein at the Allstate Arena - it was the cheapest hotel within walking distance of the arena, and i wanted to get in line early! for the price, i was not expecting much, thinking i could deal with a grimier hotel for the sake of seeing my favorite band from the front row. i was, however, very pleasantly surprised - the staff, including front desk and the shuttle driver, were very friendly, the room was spacious and clean, and to top it off, it was only a 15 minute walk to the arena, a Target, and a number of restaurants. i won't say it was the most pristine room i've ever stayed in (mostly just small signs of wear and some small trash items under the sofa when we moved it out temporarily to face the tv) but i would say it was cleaner than my student apartment, and i consider myself quite a tidy person. although it doesn't have some of the fancy amenities that a more expensive hotel might offer (daily cleaning/linen changing, etc), we found Extended Stay Delux to be absolutely ideal for our needs - i would definitely recommend it to anyone who can live without coming home to a mint on your pillow, but still wants an affordable, comfortable, and homey hotel experience.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rando42
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay Deluxe Chicago - O'Hare. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays. Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 30, 2012

This hotel is located near the airport and about 20 minutes by cab, 40 by train, to downtown Chicago.

I booked three weeks in advance. My work was sending me to Chicago and I needed a hotel for two days. I stumbled upon this place one night and decided to book it.

I was staying two days and the hotel offers a 20 dollar discount per stay if you stay only two days or less. Pretty nice.

Upon checking in you will notice there is no lobby here. Just a desk. I checked in at 2 am and had to wait for service. The lobby is only open 7 am to 11 pm. There was a language barrier with me and the lady at the desk. Luckily I would only need to talk to her when checking in and out. She asked us for our name and for some odd reason would not allow us to charge the room to another one of our credit cards. Who knows why but after checking in she gave us a room key and a passcode for the internet.

There is a washer and dryer area here. Room service will cost you. You get free towels if you bring them to the front desk daily. If you would like room service it will be 5 dollars a day or after 7 days you get a complimentary cleaning. If you are complaining about this, then do not stay here and go to the Holiday Inn down the street.

My room had a full sized fridge, a shower/bath combo, a desk area, cooking area, microwave, and a coffee pot. This was nice. Why stay at a basic hotel when for the same price you can stay at a place like this?! It's like living at home!

The place was very quiet. Not much traffic in the hallways because most of the people were staying for a while. You can hear the planes overhead, but you are at an airport so it is to be expected.

The tv in the rooms need updated but if you are in Chicago there is plenty of stuff to do instead of sitting in your room.

The internet here was pretty basic. No ground breaking speeds but good enough for basic browsing.

Room Tip: The first floor was a bit noiser since most of the rooms were placed around the laundry, boiler, and...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay Deluxe Chicago - O'Hare. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

We specialize in providing clean, comfortable rooms at an affordable price. I take seriously your concern, however, and assure you that we work very hard to explain exactly what we offer to our guests before they arrive. I am, of course, very sorry that we were unable to make our offerings more clear to you before you checked in, and hope that you will keep our hotel in mind when your future needs are for an accommodation like ours.

Des Plaines, Illinois
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I live in this hotel since nov. 2011 and so far I am a very happy resident. Room is clean, big enough for me to feel comfortable. I have queen size bed, Nice sofa sleeper that I can use if I have guest who stays over night, Reclining chair, where I fell asleep many times. In my kitchen I have regular oven so I can bake (very happy about that). I am thinking about getting small cat.
About hotel's staff - nice, professional, helpful. There is Rebecca, leader of the entire staff and general mgr. You can approach her with any issue, I mean if you have any and she will find a solution for anything, next - Lilly- hotel mgr, very friendly, and appreciative of your business,
Angela, when I see her in the morning she just brightens my day, Aziza works mostly in the evening, she does everything with a smile, Aldria (soon leaving to have a baby) very sweet, I will miss her but I know she'll be back in no time. There is a group of young men - Edgar, Chris,
Eugene, Billy, and a "brand new" Andy - seems to me he is going to be another great asset to
my hotel.
Living here is very convenient for me, location, close to all main stores and other businesses,
I don't have to leave my hotel to do laundry, go to gym, or to have a breakfast.
Housekeeping staff does a great job to make this place clean and smell nice, Steve - will fix everything in your room and you don't have to wait days or ask twice.
This is my home and I love it!!! Thank you for making me feel so comfortable!

Room Tip: Just ask which are the best rooms and staff will provide what you want or very close to it. That'...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay Deluxe Chicago - O'Hare. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case! It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Des Plaines
Residence Inn Chicago O'Hare
Comfort Inn O'Hare
Comfort Inn O'Hare
#4 of 9 in Des Plaines

Been to Extended Stay America - Chicago O’Hare - Allstate Arena? Share your experiences!