“Its like living at home...”

Extended Stay America - Chicago O’Hare - Allstate Arena
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Des Plaines
Reviewed April 30, 2012

This hotel is located near the airport and about 20 minutes by cab, 40 by train, to downtown Chicago.

I booked three weeks in advance. My work was sending me to Chicago and I needed a hotel for two days. I stumbled upon this place one night and decided to book it.

I was staying two days and the hotel offers a 20 dollar discount per stay if you stay only two days or less. Pretty nice.

Upon checking in you will notice there is no lobby here. Just a desk. I checked in at 2 am and had to wait for service. The lobby is only open 7 am to 11 pm. There was a language barrier with me and the lady at the desk. Luckily I would only need to talk to her when checking in and out. She asked us for our name and for some odd reason would not allow us to charge the room to another one of our credit cards. Who knows why but after checking in she gave us a room key and a passcode for the internet.

There is a washer and dryer area here. Room service will cost you. You get free towels if you bring them to the front desk daily. If you would like room service it will be 5 dollars a day or after 7 days you get a complimentary cleaning. If you are complaining about this, then do not stay here and go to the Holiday Inn down the street.

My room had a full sized fridge, a shower/bath combo, a desk area, cooking area, microwave, and a coffee pot. This was nice. Why stay at a basic hotel when for the same price you can stay at a place like this?! It's like living at home!

The place was very quiet. Not much traffic in the hallways because most of the people were staying for a while. You can hear the planes overhead, but you are at an airport so it is to be expected.

The tv in the rooms need updated but if you are in Chicago there is plenty of stuff to do instead of sitting in your room.

The internet here was pretty basic. No ground breaking speeds but good enough for basic browsing.

Room Tip: The first floor was a bit noiser since most of the rooms were placed around the laundry, boiler, and...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago O’Hare - Allstate Arena, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay Deluxe Chicago - O'Hare. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

We specialize in providing clean, comfortable rooms at an affordable price. I take seriously your concern, however, and assure you that we work very hard to explain exactly what we offer to our guests before they arrive. I am, of course, very sorry that we were unable to make our offerings more clear to you before you checked in, and hope that you will keep our hotel in mind when your future needs are for an accommodation like ours.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

I live in this hotel since nov. 2011 and so far I am a very happy resident. Room is clean, big enough for me to feel comfortable. I have queen size bed, Nice sofa sleeper that I can use if I have guest who stays over night, Reclining chair, where I fell asleep many times. In my kitchen I have regular oven so I can bake (very happy about that). I am thinking about getting small cat.
About hotel's staff - nice, professional, helpful. There is Rebecca, leader of the entire staff and general mgr. You can approach her with any issue, I mean if you have any and she will find a solution for anything, next - Lilly- hotel mgr, very friendly, and appreciative of your business,
Angela, when I see her in the morning she just brightens my day, Aziza works mostly in the evening, she does everything with a smile, Aldria (soon leaving to have a baby) very sweet, I will miss her but I know she'll be back in no time. There is a group of young men - Edgar, Chris,
Eugene, Billy, and a "brand new" Andy - seems to me he is going to be another great asset to
my hotel.
Living here is very convenient for me, location, close to all main stores and other businesses,
I don't have to leave my hotel to do laundry, go to gym, or to have a breakfast.
Housekeeping staff does a great job to make this place clean and smell nice, Steve - will fix everything in your room and you don't have to wait days or ask twice.
This is my home and I love it!!! Thank you for making me feel so comfortable!

Room Tip: Just ask which are the best rooms and staff will provide what you want or very close to it. That'...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay Deluxe Chicago - O'Hare. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case! It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.

Reviewed April 21, 2012

I would like to make an addition to the review by mark s. I totally agree with him but I live here in this hotel. He forgot to mention a few things.Such as the free continental breakfast,with a very clean room where you can enjoy your breakfast and watch television,next to this area is an outdoor area where you can sit and enjoy the weather with a cup of coffee, the onsite laundry room and the workout room with several machines. All in all ,this is a great placs to live. I call it Home!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay Deluxe Chicago - O'Hare. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.

Reviewed April 19, 2012

What are you people thinking about this Extended Stay Deluxe ???? It has the friendliest staff ,every single one of them are
helpful and will get you anything you need done. The rooms are clean ,as are the grounds around it. Maybe the party from your trip clouded your judgement! The Managment here is also great, not smug and condecending like other places I have stayed.This is the best hotel I have ever stayed in as far as cleanliness ,a friendly attitude of staff and price. Thank you Extended Stay Deluxe

Room Tip: they're all good. take whats available but the rooms on the south side are quieter
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago O’Hare - Allstate Arena, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2012

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay Deluxe Chicago - Des Plaines. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.

Reviewed April 19, 2012

Staying at this hotel, the staff is and has always been helpful and professional. Front desk personel are quick to answer questions and make sure that you, the guest, is comfortable. Pets are very welcomed. The Manager always addresses your issue, shall you have one, in a timely manner. Never had an issue staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay Deluxe Chicago - O'Hare. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case! It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.

Reviewed January 27, 2012

one night at this hotel caused me to have my kindle fire taken .The manger said all there staff was trusted but when i told her someone came in our room without knocking she knew exactly who it was .Just wanted people to know take your stuff with you or use the safe or it will be gone
hope this helps someone

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank diane m
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago O’Hare - Allstate Arena, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2012

Diane,

I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay Deluxe Chicago - O'Hare. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Reviewed October 4, 2011

Coming in the hotel it seemed decent. The staff at the front desk was helpful and nice. After that everything about the hotel went down hill. Walking to our room we could see that hotel was a bad choice. Carpets were dirty and stained. Garbage by room doors. Our room was disgusting. Once again carpet was stained and dirty, bed had hair all over, as if it wasn't changed. The desk chair was so dirty i hid it, so my child would not sit on it. The area underneath the sofa bed was dirty with crumbs. I found garbage underneath the bed. I think the worst of all was the coffee maker. They had left a coffee filter in there for sooooo long it had mold growing on it. I travel 3-4 times a year. Im very easy to please when it comes to a hotel room. I always try to overlook certain things. But this hotel left me in SHOCK. never in my life will i stay here again or at any Extended Stay hotels.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Wyndham Chicago O'Hare
#5 of 9 in Des Plaines
Hyatt Place Chicago/O'Hare Airport
Holiday Inn & Suites Chicago O'Hare Rosemont

Been to Extended Stay America - Chicago O’Hare - Allstate Arena? Share your experiences!