“Great Hotel”

Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Des Plaines
Michigan
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed August 4, 2010

Stayed here via parksleepfly.com and got a great rate. The hotel was the same price as the parking would have been, so I look at it as I got a night in a nice hotel for free. The have a very clean rooms and an awesome looking pool area. Very friendly staff. The shuttle to the airport didn't run when they said it would, but if you ask or call they will send it right over to get you at the airport or hotel. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
ORDCH, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this review, August 8, 2010
Dear Kleikm,

I wanted to thank you for choosing our hotel for your lodging (and parking needs). I am glad it was a convenient option for you and happy to see that our staff made your stay more comfortable and enjoyable. I will make sure to look into the transportation discrepancy, since our shuttles, in fact, are on the pre-determined schedule and I apologize if we failed to provide timely pick up and/or drop-off.
On behalf of the entire team at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago O'Hare, we wish you a great week and thank you for staying with us!

Fax: 847-296-8999

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Korean first
U.S.
Reviewed August 4, 2010

I stayed here on business for two nights last week. I don't usually bother with reviewing hotels since I stay in so many during the year, but the Hilton Garden Inn Chicago O'Hare Airport was special. From the moment you walk into this establishment, you can feel the nice buzz. The staff all seem very happy, the place is clean and well designed, and the front desk people are quick and efficient. There is a good little restaurant just off the lobby that serves some surprisingly delicious food. I received and sent an important document during my stay, and the staff was helpful in arrange this. Someone called when my document arrived, and brought it right up to my room, refusing to accept a tip. I think it was you, Anton. Thanks again. Morton's is just around the corner, too. I will definitely stay at this hotel again when I'm back in Chicago.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
ORDCH, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this review, August 10, 2010
Thank you so much Ms. Y......r (name disguised),

It was my pleasure welcoming you at our property - I am glad you enjoyed our facilities and services. Do not hesitate to contacting me directly at the hotel (847-296-8900), if I can be of any assistance to you in the future. We are looking forward to having you stay with us sometime soon, and, meanwhile, would like to wish you a great week and a pleasant rest of the summer season.

Hilton Garden Inn Chicago OHare

Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed August 2, 2010

My husband and I attended a weekend conference at the Comfort Inn and had booked a room to stay there. We were so unimpressed with the room and it's out of date feel, we took a loss on it since it was non-refundable and quickly checked Trip Advisor for what we should have done in the first place: book at this one! This hotel was literally 2 min away, but what a difference!

It was clean and airy,,and for the price (which was identical for the other hotel), it was so much nicer. The hotel was close to booked, but it still remained quiet in the halls. Once in the room, I heard not one sound in the halls. The bed was super comfortable and lighting was well thought out. The flat screen tv was nice and you could tilt it to wherever you were in the room. We didn't get a chance to try the restaurant, but the menu items looked delicious. We did get a pot of coffee in the room at night, and it was fabulous! The room coffee maker had coffee that was very tasty. Most times, coffee in hotel coffee makers are not that good.

The front desk was very helpful and went out of their way to answer questions. They even sell subway passes that can save you time. The Rosemont train station was about a mile away. It took us about 35 min to get to downtown.

There are plenty of eating options around the area. We ate at Harry Caray's, which is in the Holiday Inn and it was fabulous! There are also many chain restaurants in the area too(Subway, IHOP, Longhorn and many more). The IHOP is even open 24 hours. There is also a Target in this same shopping center if you need things you forgot like we did! One thing that we found odd at this shopping center, planes were beyond the beyond low. It is right on the flight path to O'Hare. We were eating lunch in Subway, and sometimes you couldn't hear someone talk when a plane went by! It was cool to watch, but there were 2 other hotels in this vicinity, that HAD to hear that all the time (radisson, and one other).

Overall, in this general area of DesPlaines and Rosemont,,,,,I think this hotel had the most going for it. We'd definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
ORDCH, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this review, August 4, 2010
On behalf of the entire team at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago O'Hare, I would like to personally thank you for your very kind feedback. I am very happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and looking forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future. I will make sure to share your comments with the entire team!

FL
Reviewed July 29, 2010

Super clean, nice hotel.

The free shuttle van service that will basically take you anywhere in the local area means you can easily go about your business without having to rent a car.

Cannot recommend this hotel highly enough and the price compares very well to other local hotels.

Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed July 29, 2010

The Garden Inn was great! The free shuttle was available at a moments notice and saved us a ton of money on cab fare between the Hotel and the Rosemont subway station. The beds were very comfortable and the pool area was an added bonus. I would definitely recommend this hotel and will stay next time I am in Chicago.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Westminster, Maryland
Reviewed July 24, 2010

We recently stayed here for a wedding. We had previously negotiated a deal which included breakfast for all our guests each day. It already included free parking and free airport shuttle. The hotel also made their shuttle available to take you to nearby train station for trips to downtown Chicago, and would even take you to nearby restaurants.
The front desk people were friendly and helpful. The cleaning crew were polite, however, if you wanted them to make up room early, you needed to speak to head of housekeeping or the front desk., as their English wasn't the best.
Each room included a microwave and refrigerator, and plenty of pillows.
We were short on time before our wedding and their cafe had just closed. I asked the front desk where was a place for a quick bite. The chef happened to be standing there and offered to make us some quick sandwiches. It was quick too.
I also talked to managers and told them of any concerns I had and complemented them on their hotel. Definitely a good place to stay.

Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed July 22, 2010

My husband & I stayed here with our Daughter, Son-in-law and 3 granddaugthers 6, 4 & 2 while visiting family in Chicago. We had a great time! The breakfast choices were wonderful and the serve was A+. Having the pool area with a fun kiddie pool for the girls made the stay even better. Loved the hotel more then we had all excepted! Clean & staff very friendly.
We would not hesitate to come back on our next trip in!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

The Westin O'Hare
The Westin O'Hare
#6 of 18 in Rosemont
Doubletree by Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport - Rosemont

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Chicago O'Hare Airport? Share your experiences!