“Very clean and quiet”

Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Des Plaines
Crystal, Minnesota
“Very clean and quiet”
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Quiet hotel even though O'Hare is close. Very clean and newer finishes. Comfortable beds and pillows. Good size LCD flat panel tv for room and bed. Housekeeping staff was quiet and very pleasant. Did not get the $14 breakfast. Wifi worked well with no disruptions. Front desk staff was very friendly. Definately will come back.

Note: 2 hours before our check out the parking lot next door was getting resurfaced and tar smells entered the room. Good time to leave.

• Stayed August 2013
Alex B, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear K H,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel staff and property on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your business and your kind comments. Have a wonderful week!

Alex Bohan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Korean first
Cincinnati, United States
Reviewed August 19, 2013

This was a very warm and clean place to stay. I was very pleased across the board. I recommend this place to any individual or business. The conference rooms were also a great size to hold a medium sized conference.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

1 Thank Adam L
Alex B, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear Adam L,

Thank you for sharing your review with our staff on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your business and hope you have a great week.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed August 17, 2013

. I was in a King Bed Room in a very comfortable bed ( welcomed after flying for +20 hrs) and took advantage of the lobby bar/ restaurant,great welcoming feeling with enough choice and value. The difference others have mentioned is the staff. From the moment I called to get picked up from the free shuttle from O'Hare to the morning I checked out nothing was going to be a bother to them. I definitely would recommend this property.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Kevin O
Dear Kevin O,

I was very pleased to read your review of your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn - Chicago O'Hare. I will be sure to share your comments with our entire team. It was a pleasure serving you. Thank you for your business and have a wonderful week!

Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Best 3 star hotel I've stayed in. Recently renovated and it shows. Extremely clean. No calcium in the bathrooms. Rooms are great. tight but great. Lobby and restaurant are gorgeous. breakfast buffet was delicious. Omelettes and all. Wait staff were excellent. Courteous and friendly. Pool area is nice and they have a childrens pool with a waterfall. Rooms were quiet. They have a microwave and a mini fridge. Nice work desk and office chair. Decor was very nice. Business room had everything you could need. Computers, printer/fax, office supplies. They even have a shoe buffer. Awsome stay. Only slight issue is that the bathroom vent either didn't work or they didn't have one so the mirror fogged up as soon as we turned on the shower and there are no vaults. But great place to stay

• Stayed August 2013
Dear jusblazeem,

Thank you for sharing your stay experience with us on Trip Advisor! I'm pleased to see you enjoyed your stay and will share your kind comments with the rest of our team. We hope to welcome you back soon. And if you should need vault service in the future, please visit our front desk where a Guest Services Agent can provide you with secure keyed access to our safe deposit boxes.

Merced, California
Reviewed August 17, 2013

I frequently travel for both business and pleasure and my favorite brand is the Hilton Garden Inn. I've had good experiences with this brand, but this particular hotel is exceptional. The staff is clearly very well trained and responsive to the needs of the guests. The breakfast was both varied and exceptionally well prepared. The shuttle bus drivers were all great and really hustled to get myself and the other guests quickly to wherever we needed to be. I was attending a convention at the Rosemont Convention Center and was somewhat concerned that this hotel is a couple of miles away from the convention center. That did not turn out to be an issue at all, thanks to the shuttle bus drivers very efficient job of getting people to where they needed to be.

I stayed at a Marriot property last month in Arlington, VA and the difference in how well trained the staff was between these hotels was like night and day. The Marriott was neither well trained nor professional and I was very disappointed in my stay and my stay at this HGI made me appreciate what a well trained and professional staff brings to a hotel stay.

I think that the Manager and his staff deserve a big thumbs up and the HGI chain management would do well to visit this property and observe how well its run for training purposes for the entire chain.

Dear CAtraveler56,

I'm very pleased to read about your recent experience at our hotel. Our staff endeavors to provide excellent service and a wonderful experience for each of our guests. Thank you for taking the time to thoroughly review our team and amenities. I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back soon. From all of us at the Hilton Garden Inn - Chicago O'Hare, thank you for stay with us!

Midwest
Reviewed August 16, 2013

All the amenities you expect from Hilton. Dined in hotel for two breakfasts and one dinner. Other than the cost of breakfast ($14) it was excellent. Dinner was great. Best was the hostess who made sure everything was to our satisfaction. Pool is great with waterfall. Met cousins from all over the country. Of course rooms to small to seat 8-10 so used the lobby. VERY comfortable and convenient for chatting.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Kendall Park, New Jersey
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We just spent a few days at this hotel on a combined business/pleasure trip. We frequently stay at Hilton Garden Inns when we travel on business because we appreciate how much they offer and how clean the properties are kept and the clean rooms and how friendly the staffs are. This particular hotel, however, surpassed any of our previous experiences. The manager, Luke Cannon, a very personable young man, supervises the best staff we have encountered. The housekeepers kept the rooms immaculate and were always delightfully friendly and helpful. We had dinner one night and we were impressed with the food and the service. If I remember correctly, our server was named Cheryl and she was so kind to us. I'm sorry if I am mistaking her name because she was great. Everyone on the breakfast staff - Lily, Violette, Maria, the young woman who clears the tables, and I am sure I am forgetting others who were equally as friendly, professional, and terrific at their jobs - were all amazing. The breakfasts were excellent - the chefs were terrific. The shuttle service is so convenient taking guests back and forth to airports and to the train station to go to downtown Chicago, a very convenient and inexpensive way to travel. The drivers we had, Chris, Martin, and Mike were all a pleasure to meet and were great at their jobs. The staff at the front desk were always friendly and helpful with tips on where to go and on travel directions. Another manager, Nancy, could not have treated us any better. On the day before we left, I fell in downtown Chicago and have either sprained or broken my ankle (I will find out tomorrow with X-rays) now that we are home. When I arrived at the hotel after my fall, limping on my bad foot, I was greeted with a wheelchair and was treated so well that despite the fall, my husband and I had a wonderful stay at this hotel and loved the Chicago Loop!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Alex B, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear Angela46831,

From all of us at the Hilton Garden Inn - Chicago O'Hare, thank you for staying with us! Thank you also for your thorough review and kind comments in regards to our hotel staff and property. Our team was delighted to read your review and hopes your ankle is making a speedy recovery. It was a pleasure to serve you and your husband. We hope to welcome you back soon. Have a wonderful week!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Des Plaines
Hyatt Regency O'Hare
Hyatt Regency O'Hare
#8 of 18 in Rosemont
Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Chicago O'Hare Airport? Share your experiences!