“Surprised!”

Hilton Garden Inn Chicago O'Hare Airport
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Des Plaines
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn the weekend of Thanksgiving 2012. We got a really good deal on the hotel so for as cheap as it was I was not expecting much at all. Well I was very surprised to say the least. The lobby was done very well looked very clean and modern/professional. The staff was very polite check in was a breeze and overall staffed by professionals. The room itself was very clean even the hallways where very clean. The bed is typical hotel bed but it didn't roll to the middle which is a huge plus. We used the shuttle service the whole weekend. They will take you to the blue line or O'Hare for free 24 hours a day no issues. Because of this I can not review the hotel amenities since we spent the whole time in downtown Chicago pretty much. But based on the rest of the hotel I would say they are above normal hotel standards. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. I plan on using it again when we return to Chicago in the summer.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Brian A
Write a ReviewReviews (1,390)

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Very nice Garden Inn property. The staff is very courteous and professional, great bar and restaurant. Rooms are clean, and comfortable, and the windows can be opened slightly for fresh air. Walking distance to the Rivers Casino.

Room Tip: I always chose a room with a non connecting door.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Mark D
Reviewed December 30, 2012

We stayed t the Hilton Garden Inn. for out Christmas w/ family trip. It was as inviting and relaxing s hotel could be.. The beautiful blue sparkly lights on the trees at the entrance make it very festive.
We stay at the Inn every chance we get when coming to the Chicago area. As usual we were not disappointed.. Staff is very helpful and the rooms and Inn are clean and inviting..

Room Tip: I always ask for a room facing River Road so that I can see the little lake just down the street/
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Alex B, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2013

Dear poolqueenAppleriver,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your family Christmas trip. We hope you had a wonderful holiday season and appreciate your taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. From all of us at the Hilton Garden Inn – Chicago O’Hare, Happy New Year!

Hilton Garden Inn – Chicago O’Hare

Reviewed December 28, 2012

I turned up at the hotel in a really bad mood, since my flight had just been cancelled and I didn't want to be in Illinois at all, and this place was great. Clean, pleasant rooms, friendly staff, good value. Couldn't ask for more

Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Maggie V

Dear Maggie V,

We’re glad we could help you into a relaxing, comfortable room after a hectic day at the airport. Thank you for sharing your kind comments with us on Trip Advisor. Have a wonderful week!

Hilton Garden Inn – Chicago O’Hare

Reviewed December 25, 2012

I stayed at this property for over 10 days this month and got to use most of the facilities. Nothing really to complain about. Good rooms, free internet, great breakfast. I normally do not eat at hotel restaurants but because of my schedule, I ate at the restaurant quite often on this trip. I must say i was surprised by the variety and quality of food and the excellent service from the staff at the restaurant. They gym was well equipped though not very spacious. The pool was too small to try out. I wanted to go to downtown Chicago over the weekend and the staff at the front desk were very helpful in giving me the right directions, printing out maps and getting me a CTA day pass at the hotel itself.
I have stayed at Hilton properties for a week or more quite often and I find that some of the duty managers make an effort to reach out and check if everything was fine. No such thing at this property. Not a big deal, but something that takes a hotels service from excellent to delightful !

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank raop

Dear raop,

We’re glad you enjoyed your stay at the Hilton Garden Inn – Chicago O’Hare! Thank you for reviewing our property on Trip Advisor. I’m pleased you had an opportunity to try selections from our diverse menu. We hope to welcome you back soon. Have a wonderful week!

Hilton Garden – Chicago O’Hare

Reviewed December 21, 2012

We had a one-night layover at O'Hare, and I chose this hotel based on Tripadvisor reviews. I can only second all the favorable comments. This is an EXTREMELY well-run hotel, with super-friendly staff, clean and stylish rooms, lots of extra touches. Cookies and coffee in the lobby. Free shuttle vans to the airport every half hour -- and if the van fills up, they simply add another van. The breakfast buffet is great, and so is the menu food.

2  Thank tripperetta
Alex B, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2012

Dear tripperetta,

We're glad we could help you into a comfortable room and stay during your layover at O'Hare. Thank you for sharing your kind comments about our hotel and staff with us on Trip Advisor. We hope to welcome you back soon and appreciate your business. From all of us at the Hilton Garden Inn O'Hare, happy holidays!

Hilton Garden Inn O'Hare

Reviewed December 21, 2012

Had an overnight connection following a return from Europe. Stayed here to use up some Hilton HHonors points. Nice place. Recently remodled. 2nd best Garden Inn in a recent contest. Staff great, business center tight but good, indoor pool and gym good, dining and lobby great. Former bowling alley (according to staff).

Not many food options in walking distance. Shuttle service good, fast, friendly - includes shuttle to the CTA Blue line. Casino nearby had good dining, but hotel had about the same prices and good variety.

I come to Chicago often, and usually stay out by O'Hare to save a few bucks, so for my regular stays, I'll go elsewhere. Regular pricing would drive me into downtown for a Chicago visit. But if in need of a hotel between flights this will be the place for me.

Room Tip: I liked the view from a top floor, south facing. The Chicago skyline looked like weeds popping out...
1  Thank SenseIntoDollars
Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport
Hyatt Rosemont
Hyatt Rosemont
#10 of 18 in Rosemont

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Chicago O'Hare Airport? Share your experiences!