“Excellent stay”

Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Des Plaines
Marblehead, Massachusetts
“Excellent stay”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

All too often hotels near airports are poorly kept, noisy and have average staff. This was not the case here. I believe it had been recently renovated and was in pristine condition. The staff were also excellent.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Alex B, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear BobDibbs,

We're glad to be the exception when it comes to hotels near the airport. I'm glad you had an opportunity to stay with us and experience first class service and a newly renovated hotel. Thank you for sharing your feedback with us on Trip Advisor. Have a wonderful week!

Hilton Garden Inn - Chicago O'Hare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Korean first
Monmouth, Oregon
Reviewed October 24, 2012

This is a nice hotel, close to the airport but not close enough to be noisy. Eddie from the front desk did a great job to get me into the room I wanted (higher up, odd numbered room that faced River Road with a view of Chicago skyline). The room service food was great, the gym was above average, the pool looked like fun for kids. The staff was very friendly and helpful. There is a large casino within a very short walking distance.

Room Tip: Try to get an odd numbered room on an upper floor if you want a possible view of the Chicago skyline...
Dear nomadic4fun,

We're glad you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for sharing your experience with us on Trip Advisor. I'll be sure to share your comments with Eddie. Have a wonderful week!

Hilton Garden Inn - Chicago O'Hare
Pasadena, California
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I stayed here one night after arriving late at night for a meeting in Chicago. Over all the property was a typical Garden Inn but there were a few things that were kind of irritating. I got into my room after midnight and the remote for the TV didn't work. They did bring one up within 5 minutes. Getting ready for bed I go to dry my hands and there are no hand towels, only face towels or bath towels. Then in the morning I realize there are two hair conditioners but no hanf cream. Just dumb little things, but still.

The property appeared to be in good shape. The breakfast downstairs was good, basically the set up is like an Embassy Suites with cooked to order eggs or omlets, etc. It was not hard to find a place to sit for breakfast and the wait staff was nice an attentive. A friend was also staying there that night and he got in early enough to eat in the restaurant and he raved about the food.

The property has a shuttle between the hotel and O'Hare airport every 30 minutes. I got in late so I just took a cab to the hotel. Make sure you tell the driver the hotel is next to the casino because he had no idea where it was. In the morning the shuttle dropped us off at the train station about 5 minutes away to take the train into town.

Staff were all nice.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota
Reviewed October 20, 2012

As a conference organizer you become hyper critical of your accommodations, since you are responsible for not just yourself but all of your attendees. There are always issues that arise and sometimes you need to lean on the hotel for help, the Hilton Garden Inn O'Hare takes a huge load off of my mind.

From the pre-planning to the actual conference, Tascile and the rest of the staff were simply a delight to work with. Yes I have seen service like this before, but not since cruising on one the higher end lines. Every single time we came across ANY employee they would greet us and sincerely say hello. Call me old fashioned, but dang it I loved it!

At the end of our conference I held a round table discussion on how to make it better, one thing that came up over and over was that everyone wants to return to this hotel.

After checking out and waiting for our ride, Scott the General Manager came over to thank us for our business and talk about a mutual appreciation of a certain sports team 200 miles to the north of Chicago.

A classy place run by classy people.

Room Tip: The shuttle service is more than accommodating, it was great to leave the driving to them.
2 Thank BBQMike981
Alex B, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
Dear Reegs981,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on our service that you received during your stay with us. I'm glad our staff was able to make your stay comfortable for you and your guests. I’ll be sure to pass on your kind comments to Tascile and the rest of our team. We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Wellington, Florida, United States
Reviewed October 19, 2012

The staff at this Hilton Garden Inn was exceptionally accommodating to the needs of our group conference. The lobby was the perfect place to meet after hours in the bar or by the fireplace. Breakfast was not only convenient, it was varied and tasty. The rooms were clean and comfortable. I travel on a monthly basis and stay in hotels around the country. This one was quite a pleasure and I will be certain to return. The bus drove our group to several nearby restaurants so that we could explore other spots for dining. We were well taken care of by the friendly and polite staff.

Room Tip: I've stayed here twice and have gotten a good room each time.
Dear Sherri F,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor. We’re pleased to have been able to serve you and hope your stay in Chicago was a pleasant one. We hope to welcome you back soon. Have a wonderful week!

Ozona, Florida
Reviewed October 19, 2012

This is the second time I have stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn Chicago O'Hare for our annual conference of 20 attendees, and it was even better this year than last!

Our conference room was perfect for the size of your group, and we had everything that we needed. The hotel lobby has been remodeled since last year and is very fresh and open with lots of nice areas to gather and talk. I especially enjoyed the area by the fireplace. We were able to utilize the long table near the fire on a few different evenings- very nice!

Rooms were clean and very comfortable.

The shuttle bus took us to and from the airport, the train station, and even to some restaurants close by. The drivers were friendly and courteous and went out of their way to help. I very much appreciated the availability of this convenient mode of transportation.

The best asset to the hotel is their excellent staff. I have been impressed both years with the helpful and happy attitude of every person I came across, from housekeeping to front desk, to the bar and restaurant staff.

On one of the busy meeting mornings, I asked one of the front desk staff to show me which printer in the business center could print from my USB drive, and he offered to make the copies at the front desk and didn't even charge me for them. He also helped me collate them so I could get the job done more quickly. I really appreciated this extra touch of excellent customer service.

It is clear that the management is strong and keeps everyone happy and motivated.

Staying at the Hilton Garden Inn O'Hare is a pleasure.

1 Thank LKrout
Dear LKrout,

We appreciate your continued loyalty to our property, thank you for choosing our hotel for your conference! It's always a pleasure to see that we have earned a guest's repeated business. I'm very pleased our staff continues to surprise you with our service. Have a great week!

Plainfield, Illinois
Reviewed October 19, 2012

This is the second time I've stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn for a conference and this time was better than the first.

Please extend my appreciation to all of your staff...especially Jamie...one of the waiters in the restaurant who is truly exceptional at his job...not flustered by a couple of old ladies wanting everything their way. He is terrific!

But it's not just Jamie. I don't believe I've ever stayed at a hotel where absolutely everyone from the front desk to housekeepers to the fellows pushing the laundry carts were so pleasant and determined to do everything in their power to make their guests feel welcome. Getting away from home for a bit should be a happy experience...and your people make it so.

My room (as I expected) was quiet, nicely appointed, plenty of room to work...couldn't ask for more. And breakfast? Holey-kamoley! It was fabulous...the food is fresh, plentiful and tasty. The wait-staff is very attentive...a really great way to start the day.

I'll be back next year (happily!)

Room Tip: I've been on the 8th floor both times. There was no noticeable airplane noise given our proximit...
1 Thank Julie B
Alex B, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear Julie B,

On behalf of the entire team at the Hilton Garden Inn Chicago O’Hare, I would like to thank you for staying with us. We enjoyed having you as our guest and look forward to the opportunity to welcoming you back in the future. I’ll be sure to share your kind comments with Jamie and the rest of our staff. Have a wonderful week!

Hilton Garden Inn Chicago O’Hare
Hyatt Regency O'Hare
Hyatt Regency O'Hare
#8 of 18 in Rosemont
Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Chicago O'Hare Airport? Share your experiences!