“I'll (definitely!) be back!”

Hilton Garden Inn Chicago O'Hare Airport
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Des Plaines
Plainfield, Illinois
“I'll (definitely!) be back!”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

This is the second time I've stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn for a conference and this time was better than the first.

Please extend my appreciation to all of your staff...especially Jamie...one of the waiters in the restaurant who is truly exceptional at his job...not flustered by a couple of old ladies wanting everything their way. He is terrific!

But it's not just Jamie. I don't believe I've ever stayed at a hotel where absolutely everyone from the front desk to housekeepers to the fellows pushing the laundry carts were so pleasant and determined to do everything in their power to make their guests feel welcome. Getting away from home for a bit should be a happy experience...and your people make it so.

My room (as I expected) was quiet, nicely appointed, plenty of room to work...couldn't ask for more. And breakfast? Holey-kamoley! It was fabulous...the food is fresh, plentiful and tasty. The wait-staff is very attentive...a really great way to start the day.

I'll be back next year (happily!)

Room Tip: I've been on the 8th floor both times. There was no noticeable airplane noise given our proximit...
1 Thank Julie B
Alex B, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear Julie B,

On behalf of the entire team at the Hilton Garden Inn Chicago O’Hare, I would like to thank you for staying with us. We enjoyed having you as our guest and look forward to the opportunity to welcoming you back in the future. I’ll be sure to share your kind comments with Jamie and the rest of our staff. Have a wonderful week!

Hilton Garden Inn Chicago O’Hare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Korean first
Macerata, Italy
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I was part of a conference group staying here from 11 - 13 October.

I come to these conferences from Italy. I travel extensively and have stayed in many hotels across Europe, America and Africa and I can honestly say this is one of the best hotel experiences I have had.

Positives :
The entire staff group is a great credit to this hotel. Without exception they are pleasant, cheerful, unfailingly helpful and polite. Nothing is too much trouble.
Child-friendly : although we had no young children in our group I watched the way staff dealt with some youngsters both during meals and generally, and was impressed with their patience and consideration.
Breakfast : an excellent choice of hot and cold dishes. Waiting-on staff were friendly and attentive.
Rooms are spacious and spotlessly clean, as is the whole hotel.
Peace and quiet : despite its proximity to the airport there is no noise from either planes or from the nearby motorway. Rooms seem very well soundproofed.
The recent re-design gives this hotel a fresh, modern look. The public areas are excellent for relaxing after a day's work (or sightseeing).
Conference facilities : rooms are quiet and well equipped. Staff responded very quickly to any needs we had.
Location : very close to the airport and the train line into Chicago - the shuttle will take you to both - and pick you up with your shopping on the way back from the city which I have never experienced in any other hotel. Train to Chicago takes around an hour.

Negatives :
Lunch was a little slow to be served which, when on a tight conference schedule, can be frustrating.

Conclusion.
If you're looking for a friendly, clean, efficient, family-friendly hotel near to O'Hare and you don't mind travelling a little if you want to see the sights of Chicago, stay here. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: This is the second time I've stayed here and both rooms have been excellent.
Dear Cath A,

Thank you for continuing to choose our hotel for your business and lodging needs. We’re pleased to have earned your loyalty and thank you for your kind comments with regards to our property and staff. We hope to welcome you back soon. Have a wonderful week!

Flagler Beach, Florida
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I just spent 5 days at the Hilton Garden Inn where I attended a conference. I found the staff there so helpful and friendly and they went out of the way to accommodate our group of 18. The restaurant staff was wonderful at dealing with our large group, even with no notice. The bar staff was friendly and personable. The conference room was set up to our specifications and I found my room very comfortable, clean, and reasonably priced. The hotel provided free shuttle service to and from the airport and also dropped us off and picked us up when our whole group wanted to go out to dinner together.

A guest from FL

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Alex B, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
Dear HeidiMcd,

Thank you for posting a review of your experience at our property. Our staff is delighted your conference was a success. We hope to be able to extend our hospitality to you sometime soon. Thank you again for staying with us!

Hilton Garden Inn – Chicago O’Hare
Florida
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn Chicago O'Hare Airport while attending a conference. I was so impressed and pleased with every aspect of my stay. The service was excellent, the rooms comfortable and clean, loved the breakfast buffet and most of us opted to eat lunch at the restaurant that is in the hotel which was delicious with generous servings. The staff was very friendly and helpful which added to the overall experience tremendously. Several of us from the conference enjoyed sitting in the comfortable lobby area, talking by the fireplace after dinner and it felt like we where in someone's living room - we loved it! This conference happens on a yearly basis and we all decided that we will be returning here, year after year for this conference. I would definitely be staying here on my own as well if I ever travel to the Chicago area. Can't wait to go back! Oh, another bonus is the convenience of the hotel's shuttle service which took us to great local restaurants for dinner. I didn't use the pool as I was busy with other things but they have a nice indoor pool area (although the smell of chlorine was a little strong). In addition to having a nice size pool there is a great little play area with a mushroom waterfall and water jets coming up from out of the ground that would be fun for little kids so it would be a great family hotel as well.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Dear Susan M,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your lodging needs. Our entire team is pleased we could make your stay comfortable and enjoyable away from home. I’m glad you and your coworkers enjoyed the relaxing atmosphere and first class amenities our hotel has to offer. Thank you for staying with us and have a great week!

Bluff City TN
Reviewed October 15, 2012

A group of my friends have met there two years in a row now for a three day conference / master mind meeting to work on our website businesses.

The hotel is close to the airport and has a very reliable shuttle service for those of us who fly into Chicago.

The facilities at the hotel were great - and the staff was second to none. At every turn they were there for us. Excellent Service!

The HUG group will be back next year!!!!!

1 Thank Teresa-KFFVMom
Dear KFFV,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us on Trip Advisor. We’re glad you and your friends enjoyed staying with us. Thank you for your continued loyalty to our hotel. We look forward to welcoming the HUG group back next year!

Hilton Garden Inn – Chicago O’Hare
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I just came back from a 3 day conference in this hotel. It was a perfect location and the staff were incredible.

When I arrived at the airport the shuttle came quickly and the driver (Manny I think) was excellent. He made me feel welcomed, told me it would be 10-12 minutes to the hotel, and phoned the hotel to say I was coming. It made me feel really comfortable and taken care of.

When I arrived the at the front desk again everyone was friendly and made the process incredibly easy. The lobby is beautiful and welcoming.

We were having a conference here of about 20 people. They made it really comfortable and easy for us. On our first night they gave us a lift in the shuttle to the L station so we could go into town and picked us up again. They did this at least 2 more times. I can't tell you how great this was.

The bartender - Kevin - was great and fun and the staff in the restaurant were always a pleasure.
We loved that we could "take over" the area behind the fireplace with our laptops and get some work done AND order food there.

It rained most of the weekend and no one wanted to go out so we ordered in Chinese and ate it at the big table in the lobby. When we went to clean it up a hotel employee INSISTED that we sit and he would take care of it. Now that is service.

The breakfast was well organized and yummy! And the workout room was great and open 24 hours...the pool looked like a lot of fun for the kids!

This is the second year that we have had our meetings here and we will go back next year.
Thanx for a great weekend Hilton Garden Inn!

1 Thank Jewelfine
Alex B, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear Jewelfine,

Thank you for sharing your stay experience with us on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your review and thank you for recognizing our efforts. I’ll be sure to share your kind feedback with the rest of our staff. On behalf of the entire team at Hilton Garden inn Chicago O'Hare, I would like to thank you for staying with us and extend our warm welcome to you in the future.

Have a wonderful week!

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I travel quite a bit and have stayed in hotels all over the country and internationally. I know what I like and I know what I expect. The Hilton Garden Inn Chicago O'Hare Airport not only met all those expectations, but exceeded them!

The staff is well trained, knowledgeable and friendly. You can tell it's important to management to give guests an experience they will remember and will want to come back. They recognize your face quickly and greet you personally as you walk in the front door throughout your stay. When you pass them in a hallway or near the dining room, you get a warm smile and a greeting. They made me feel like they were genuinely glad I was there.

Anytime you're away from home, you're going to have needs to meet. It may be that you forgot to pack something in your suitcase, or you need to know a good place to eat or shop, or you need a ride on the hotel shuttle. The staff is more than happy to help these needs get met. I never felt like I was putting somebody out.

I am an organizer for an annual conference. This hotel was our meeting place, so I also had contact with the sales staff. Like the other staff in the hotel, they were very friendly and extremely efficient. This trip was our second annual conference here and there will be many more.

1 Thank MarciaR981
Dear MarciaR981,

On behalf of the entire staff at the Hilton Garden Inn – Chicago O’Hare, I would like to thank you for choosing our property for your annual conference. We’re pleased to have earned your loyalty and thank you for your very kind comments about our hotel and staff. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Hilton Garden Inn Chicago O'Hare
The Westin O'Hare
#5 of 18 in Rosemont
Doubletree by Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport - Rosemont
Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Chicago O'Hare Airport? Share your experiences!