“Very Nice” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Des Plaines
Illinois City, Illinois
“Very Nice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

This is a nice place I would stay here anytime. Staff was friendly, room was clean and comfortable. Great location easy to find. Give it a try I don't think you will be disappointed it looks like a new Hotel.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
  • Korean first
Germantown, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

I booked here as part of a wedding invitation suggestion. I used the shuttle from OHara to and from the airport; and to and from the Wedding Venue (prearranged by the bride).
The shuttledrivers were courteous and friendly, especially Carmine.
The room was very clean and modern, and the king size bed had controls for firmness. I had a drink in the lobby bar, and also at breakfast there. Everyone was welcoming; including the hotel reception staff. No complaints at all, highly recommend this hotel. Prices were very reasonable. Its a short walk to the Rivers Casino.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Alex B, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Dear travelwoman21,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us on Trip Advisor. We’re glad you enjoyed your stay at our newly renovated property. I’ll be sure to pass on your kind comments to Carmine and the rest of our shuttle drivers.

Hilton Garden Inn-O’Hare
petersam
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

Don't worry about this hotel being two doors down from the casino (Chicago has a casino?). the hotel and the clientele appeared to be all business. Don't worry about being near the airport. i never heard an airplane, and I was on the top floor. I appreciated the clean, new room, firm bed, good working remote control and TV system that works fast and doesn't launch you into the pay system when you turn it on. The room was bery well lit, not something you encounter frequently in hotels. The bathroom was clean and worked well. Plenty of power outlets. The only negatives were no recycling bin and no newspaper delivery.

The restaurant had good pizza and beer and plenty of seats at the bar for watching the game. At breakfast, it was a combo of cold buffet and hot food to order, i was in a rush, so I grabbed a pastry to go. The gym was a good size for a hotel like this with cardio and dumbells.

Room Tip: my top floor room had a nice view. Elevators were very fast too.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Davenport, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here will going to a convention in Rosemont. The staff was friendly & helpful. We especially loved that there was a shuttle to take us to the convention center. The breakfast in the restaurant was wonderful. Look forward to staying here again!

• Stayed August 2012
IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012

I cannot say enough about the staff and management of this fine establishment. I booked this facility for a party of 160 this past month. We had over 50 guests staying in this hotel. The staff takes the time to greet you when you arrive. When I left something in the room it was retrieved right away and a call was made to let me know it was found. This hotel has been totally renovated. Clean as can be. Beautiful new lobby bar which my friends really enjoyed. Christina Netzel the Sales Manager was very easy to work with. She accommodated our budget and was hands on helping to assure our event was fabulous. My guests loved the accommodations. But NOTE: your bed comfort is adjustable. So if it is not the way you like it there is a way to change the feel. Hotel should post this next to bed. I enjoyed my room. Loved the Chair and ottoman in the room. Food is very good. We had a lovely breakfast buffet and it was well done. Great Eggs. Lovely Pastries and an Omelet Station. Breakfast was included in our very low per night charge. Classmates loved the proximity to the Casino too! Management takes any criticism seriously and makes adjustments when needed. Internet in the ballroom not the strongest... If you have a party to plan this is the place! And a great hotel to base yourself at for business or pleasure.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank drommom
Alex B, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Dear drommom,

We’re glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. I’m glad we could make your class reunion a memorable experience for all. I’ll be sure to pass on your comments to Christina. Thank you for choosing us.

Hilton Garden Inn O’Hare
Bloomfield, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012

This hotel services my top 3 requirements for a great stay. Clean, quiet and smells good! They also went the extra step when I arrived and provided 2 bottles of complimentry water. I was very happy about this as I am always very thirsty while traveling as I am talking more than usual, always indoors where everything is kept so dry from the airplanes, to the hotels, etc. This small gesture was impressive to me and I encourage they keep this practice!

The restaurant was open late. For those of us who arrived to Chicago O'Hare late in the evening this is a bonus. I did not need to eat when I arrived but it was nice to know it was available. I wish I had the time to check out the other amenities this hotel had to offer. Everything was clean and looked newer. The hairdryer unit in the bathroom had a nightlight which is a very nice touch as you need light to use the toilet at night in a new place and no one likes having to turn on the blaring bright lights to use the toilet at odd hours!

The Iron in the room actually worked well and was clean. This was great as I have been to too many hotels where the iron was filled with rusty water and spewed out on my clothes when I ironed them and ruined it for the trip.

The bed was comfortable, linens were clean and of decent quality, there were different kinds of pillows on the bed so you could use the one most comfortable for you. Some of the towels were a little rougher than I would have liked but this is certainly not as critical to me as it is something you use for a few minutes and then you are done with it. They were no where near sandpaper rough but they were not as plush and soft as the ones you have a home.

The location to the airport was excellent, I think it was maybe 2 miles away from the airport campus. Very easy to get to even at night! It is always challenging finding a new place at night but this was easy.

They had plenty of elevators and they were fast.

Breakfast buffet was very good, the selection was perfect, the food was delicious. They even prepare food to your liking if the buffet eggs (aka scrambled) are not your preference. I did not take up that offer but I did see people getting omelettes, etc. I prefer fruit and toast in the morning and they had that at the buffet. They had pineapple, cantelope, honeydew melon and watermelon. They also had banana's and apples. I would prefer a wider selection of fruit to include berries but otherwise it was good.

The only thing I didn't care for was I was seated at a table and then I went to the buffet to fill my plate and the hostess sat someone else at my table while I was gone. I ended up sharing the table with the folks sitting at my table,instead of waiting for another table. I was not expecting to share with strangers and it was kind of annoying because I felt like the staff did not have good control of which tables were full and which were not. I did not mind sharing but some people may not want to share a table like that. Waitress was very slow to get me water but was all about giving out coffee to her tables. Unfortunately I am not a coffee drinker and so this not good service. Water is crucial!

Front desk staff was very pleasant and seemed genuine in wanting to provide good service, which was welcomed.

I would definately stay at this hotel again and I would recommend it to others.

Room Tip: Room 428 is right by the elevator.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

I know a lot of people reserve five stars for those amazing all inclusive resorts, but I read reviews to be sure the property is clean and the staff helpful and friendly. This is a fantastic place to stay just outside of Chicago, with convenient access to the suburbs.

We originally wanted to stay downtown but with the cost of hotels, their aging infrastructure, parking nightmares, not to mention the cost of parking, decided to look elsewhere. Thank goodness for Trip Advisor! We found this place based on the reviews.

What a delight to find this place around $100 a night, brand new renovation, extremely pleasant staff, and great restaurant on site. Parking was convenient and free. It was easy off/on the highways. Rooms were large with refrigerator and microwave. Bathrooms pristine. Yes, it is right by one of the busiest airports in the world, but you would never know it. We didn't use the pool, but peeked in. It was clean, the deck chairs clean and the kids in the pool were having a ball. Bar and restaurant were fantastic.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Alex B, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this review, August 26, 2012
Dear Spirit7759,

Thank you for choosing our hotel. We appreciate your wonderful remarks regarding our staff and property. Our entire staff is very pleased you and your family had a chance to experience our newly renovated property. Thank you for sharing your experience with us on Trip Advisor. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Hilton Garden Inn O’Hare
Hyatt Regency O'Hare
Hyatt Regency O'Hare
#7 of 18 in Rosemont
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,629 reviews

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Chicago O'Hare Airport? Share your experiences!