“Not so good but very pricey!”

Tasty Cuisine Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #39 of 187 Restaurants in Des Plaines
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The food was not that great. My fiance had combination fried rice and I had sweet and sour pork. The pork was very tough and hard to chew. It was right next to our hotel so it was quick and easy though.

The best part was the fish tank however that was outdone by the akwardness of waiting at a table where other employees were eating food. I felt like I was invading their space. Kind of creepy, honestly.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

I eat Chinese food four or five times a week at home. So, when traveling for business this past week, it was natural to seek out Tasty Cuisine. I was pleasantly surprised.

The menu is large, as you expect in a Chinese restaurant. It has the usually Americanized Chinese food, but also includes more traditional dishes. Craving something a little different, I chose: Thai Style Fish Fillets on night one, and Seaweed Soup with Meat along with Yu Shan Broccoli the second night. All were very tasty.

The service was good, quick, and friendly. he lady behind the register even took time to answer my inquiries about the shrine to the house Buddha in the corner. The decor is pleasant, if a little on the dark side. THe prices seemed a bit high to me, be then I'm not used to paying Chicago prices. Still, I felt like I got my money's worth.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Had dinner here while staying at a nearby hotel. Amazingly fast service---hadn't finished my drink when dinner arrived! Excellent Chinese food.

2  Thank Baycruisers
Reviewed December 2, 2011

Just average to me. Prices are average. Service is average. The sweet and sour chicken is the best on the menu.

Reviewed May 20, 2011

Fresh ingredients, well prepared and beautifully presented on the plate. The kitchen knows what it's doing, prices are fair, family friendly.

2  Thank ChicagoPickyEater