“Well-Named”

Tasty Cuisine Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #49 of 187 Restaurants in Des Plaines
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Had dinner here while staying at a nearby hotel. Amazingly fast service---hadn't finished my drink when dinner arrived! Excellent Chinese food.

2  Thank Baycruisers

Reviewed December 2, 2011

Just average to me. Prices are average. Service is average. The sweet and sour chicken is the best on the menu.

Reviewed May 20, 2011

Fresh ingredients, well prepared and beautifully presented on the plate. The kitchen knows what it's doing, prices are fair, family friendly.

2  Thank ChicagoPickyEater
Reviewed December 4, 2010

Warning! DO NOT use open tab at their bar. They will inflate the number of your drinks. I had a party for 30 people this past weekend and my tab was inflated by 5 drinks which should only be 15 drinks. I know for sure because we are families and very close friends and there were only a handful drinkers. When I got home and looked at the tab, there was no way we've had that many drinks. I checked with everyone and was confirmed that they over charged me 5 drinks worth about $25. Since we've been their regular customers for years and know each other by names, I called to explain that we couldn't have had that many drinks. They insisted that it was correct because the tab was tallied by their servers and there was nothing they could do now. I explain to them that we all knew who had what drinks and what the 5 extra drinks were. They finally agreed to meet me half way by offering a free entree next time I visit. As a regular customer who just spent over $1,000 on this restaurant, I feel cheated and don't think we would ever go back there again. I also think it was intentional on their part, thinking the customers wouldn't know. Even if it wasn't intentional, they should not make the customers, especially a regular customer, pay for their servers' mistakes.

Reviewed February 21, 2010

I'm a chef at a Downtown hotel and I happen to live down the street from Tasty Cuisine. I've been to many chinese restaurants in and around Chicago and I have to admit, Tasty Cuisine in Des Plaines is on my Top 5 all time list . Sitting in the restaurant you are taken back by the decor featuring Dragon and Phoenix in the ceiling..The paper lamps and the silk paintings along with the Various Buddah statues that adorn the place. We were greeted by the Friendly woman at the front I think her name is Lisa. Sat down at a nice table..the service was great. the waiter brought outto us our order of their famous garlic chicken wings..they smell like candy..a smell that will always be imprinted on my brain..The salt and pepper shrimp were phenominal! Along with the at Lo phan noodles with beef...Oh they deliver too..and if you order so much they usually throw in those phenominal wings or crab rangoons for free!!!..Unbelievable..the tastes..the smells..If anybody wants a Chinese foodgasm this is the place to go to!!!

2  Thank Johnny_Gouger