“Kids love this place”

Choo Choo Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 187 Restaurants in Des Plaines
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 20, 2013

This place is a step back in time. A train delivers the kids meals as it goes around the counter, it's kid friendly for sure. The meals are not cheap but decent.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

My sons and I have gone to the Choo Choo for years and they love it there. It's a small space and it tends to get crowded so going on off hours is a good idea (think around the time that kids nap). The service has been excellent and the owner has stopped by to say hello and make sure we were happy with the food. I am surprised by the negative reviews as we have been customers since 2007. The sloppy joes are excellent!

Reviewed March 25, 2013

We went by here after finding this location on Roadside America. The place was packed on a Monday around 1:00PM. Lots of kids. The food looked fine. More like a burger joint for fun. Unfortunately, we couldn't eat there because they don't take credit cards and we didn't have any cash.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Burgers are good, juicy and full of flavor, there is a little train that goes around and delivers your food. Kids love it, place is packed on saturdays, however i think it's a little pricey for a burger joint.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

A little pricey. Food is basic, tastes ok. The main attaction is the food delivery on the flat cars from the kitchen. I took my kids there and now have taken my grand kids there.