“It's Greek to Me :)”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 27, 2014

Oh my gosh...I had been to Periyali before and enjoyed the fabulous outdoor seating. It takes you to another place. Stark white paint covers the walls and everything is accented in Greek blue. There are flowers and white twinkling lights..It's a great outdoor space. But I was unaware of the fabulous garden....I mean a real garden with beans, eggplant, every herb you can imagine, cantelope, potatoes, you name it they grow it....and they grow it in a small patches in a commercial parking lot. It's truly a sight. With pride bursting from his chest, the owner walked us through the entire garden area. It's a sight. Then he whipped us up an amazing green salad and bean and potato combo that used all his own grown ingredients. Talk about fresh...it was delicious! We will definitely be back to enjoy the fabulous food and Greek hospitality!

Reviewed May 9, 2014

Did you miss eating dinner in a picturesque garden of a Greek tavern, under the stars and the company of a summer breeze, bringing the smells of basil, honeysuckle and jasmine?
Then you have to visit Periyiali on Milwaukee Ave. north of Golf in Glenview, during a summer night.
You will be amazed of the quality and variety of food, the tasty appetizers the fair prices and the beautiful garden!

1  Thank Maria V P
Reviewed April 26, 2014

This evening we returned to Periyali, which is one of our favorite haunts. It was quite hopping, which is always great to see. We started with a traditional saganaki flaming cheese appetizer and Greek salad. Both my wife and daughter had the grilled skate wing, which used to be an unlisted special; but, has now been added to the specials menu list. Tender delicate and flavorful. I had the lamb shank with artichoke hearts in avgolemono dill sauce. Positively outstanding. The owner, hostess, chef and waitstaff are all ethnic Greek and the product they produce is most authentic.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Our family has been going to Periyali for years. The food is consistently excellent, the service attentive and the prices reasonable. Be sure to ask the server about specials not listed on the menu. For example, my sister in law and I both had the skate wing, which was superb. When the weather is nice, they have a nice patio open, which gives a very pleasant experience. They have recently refreshed the decorating in the dining room which makes the place all the more cheerful

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Periyali is authentic, the service is extremely hospitable and being Greek, I am positive you won't be disappointed. If you're in the area, please check out this place! Our family has been coming here for years and it only seems to get better. Food is excellent, and it's probably my favorite Greek restaurant in the U.S. that I know of.