“Great Service”

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Des Plaines
Decatur, Illinois
“Great Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

Not only was the facility very clean and conveniently located, the staff was great! I had to make last minute changes in my reservation and the manager went out of his way to help me resolve the problem that arose because of it. Couldn't have been more pleased with his time and attention!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
manojmahapatra, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Des Plaines Inn, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
We value your opinion and we thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and even happier to know that you are satisfied with how we resolved the issue. We thank you for the business and hope to see you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for one night with my parents before our flight to Seattle. The place is very clean and comfortable. Very fast internet. Staffs are very friendly. The ATM machine is also very convenient with a low fee. We enjoyed the breakfast a lot. Close to Route 230 bus. Will stay here again!!

• Stayed May 2013
manojmahapatra, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Des Plaines Inn, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to post such a wonderful review. We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to making an even better one for you in the future. We thank you for your business and we value your feedback.
England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Average service, Snacks at breakfast, parking. Air conditioner stopped working after one day. Was remedied pretty quickly.
The internet access here has to be the fastest I have come across in any hotel and its complimentary. Good work. Close to the airport. Mini fridge. Room smelled of smoke, as the top floor rooms have been converted from smoking to non-smoking

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for the positive review. We are happy to know that you enjoyed the complimentary internet during your stay. We apologize for the inconvenience if the top floor still had a slight smell of smoke, but we have treated and washed everything thoroughly several times in the 6 rooms that were smoking prior and by now the smells are completely gone. We are also in the middle of a major project to remove all the carpets in the hotel. We are constantly in the works of improving and we appreciate your feedback along with your business.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

Rooms clean staff great. you won't find a better hotel. Staff is friendly breakfast very good come see for your self how welcome you feel here big clean pool a family hotel the manager got me a room that fit my needs just ask . My stay here was great. there's a washer and drier. Stores in walking distance thank you so much the Coleman family will be back

• Stayed April 2013
manojmahapatra, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Des Plaines Inn, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
It was a pleasure having you for a long period of time and we are very glad to find out you enjoyed your stay. Your positive review will be passed on for the staff to recognize and we appreciate your time. If you ever have any questions or reservations in the future, please call us directly and we will do our best to accommodate.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

there s nothing to complain about this Hotel / nice staff rooms always clean , only thing is the total different view of how to present food to the guests, and what is offered to eat (breakfast) / but there is the U.S so different to Europe anyway I guess....

Other countries other habbits...

And swimming pool could have been a bit colder....puh that was really much too warm...

But all other things / good!

regards

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to post this wonderful review. We apologize for the inconvenience if the water was above your desired temperature. Please let us know in the future during your stay, we would definitely be more then glad to look into it for you. We usually keep it around 80 degrees on colder days so it can be more enjoyable. We appreciate your input and value your opinions!
Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed here the night before a flight from Chicago O'Hare. Clean rooms, excellent and friendly service, and a very nice continental breakfast. The real bonus is free parking while you are traveling and a free shuttle to the airport. WIll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the positive feedback. We are always working on improvements and reviews like this let us know we are on the right track. We look forward to accommodating you in the future.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

I cannot commend the staff and service of this hotel high enough. I was staying in the hotel while visiting my ill father who sadly passed away hours after I'd checked out. I couldn't find the full length of my required extended stay online and on phoning the hotel I was told not to worry, they'd sort it for me. Sort it, they did, and with aplomb.

I arrived back quite in shock and the evening desk staff heroically found me something to eat and explained how they'd arranged my accommodation for the rest of the week as the hotel was 99% booked. When my mother arrived next day, I was again treated with the highest courtesy as they found us a room with two queen beds vs the one I'd been set up in which had a king and pullout sofa.

Earlier in the stay, I'd locked my luggage and lost the key. The night staff again offered multiple tools to help me get back into the bag which I eventually managed to do. A later problem with our heating was resolved within minutes. A small housekeeping issue was also rectified without issue. The warm pool was a welcome respite from the chilly March wind. Magnificent value for money, brilliantly placed if you're visiting the northwest suburbs, in Rosemont for a convention or going to the Allstate Arena for a concert or game. On the doorstep of O'Hare, and short taxi to either the 'L' or Metra.

If you want the Ritz, stay at the Ritz. If you want a good quality place with genuinely great staff, do stay here. I will return. Thank you!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank IAB123
manojmahapatra, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Des Plaines Inn, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
We greatly appreciate your compliments and it's a personal pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for being such a great guest and we value your recommendation. We would love to have you stay with us again in the future and if there is anything we can do or answer any questions, please feel free to contact us at anytime. Thanks again and we look forward to your return.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Des Plaines
Comfort Inn O'Hare
Comfort Inn O'Hare
#4 of 9 in Des Plaines
Holiday Inn Express Chicago O'Hare

Been to BEST WESTERN Des Plaines Inn? Share your experiences!