“no problems”

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Des Plaines
Chicago, Illinois
“no problems”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

there s nothing to complain about this Hotel / nice staff rooms always clean , only thing is the total different view of how to present food to the guests, and what is offered to eat (breakfast) / but there is the U.S so different to Europe anyway I guess....

Other countries other habbits...

And swimming pool could have been a bit colder....puh that was really much too warm...

But all other things / good!

regards

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
manojmahapatra, General Manager at Best Western Des Plaines Inn, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post this wonderful review. We apologize for the inconvenience if the water was above your desired temperature. Please let us know in the future during your stay, we would definitely be more then glad to look into it for you. We usually keep it around 80 degrees on colder days so it can be more enjoyable. We appreciate your input and value your opinions!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Wisconsin
Reviewed March 22, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed here the night before a flight from Chicago O'Hare. Clean rooms, excellent and friendly service, and a very nice continental breakfast. The real bonus is free parking while you are traveling and a free shuttle to the airport. WIll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the positive feedback. We are always working on improvements and reviews like this let us know we are on the right track. We look forward to accommodating you in the future.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I cannot commend the staff and service of this hotel high enough. I was staying in the hotel while visiting my ill father who sadly passed away hours after I'd checked out. I couldn't find the full length of my required extended stay online and on phoning the hotel I was told not to worry, they'd sort it for me. Sort it, they did, and with aplomb.

I arrived back quite in shock and the evening desk staff heroically found me something to eat and explained how they'd arranged my accommodation for the rest of the week as the hotel was 99% booked. When my mother arrived next day, I was again treated with the highest courtesy as they found us a room with two queen beds vs the one I'd been set up in which had a king and pullout sofa.

Earlier in the stay, I'd locked my luggage and lost the key. The night staff again offered multiple tools to help me get back into the bag which I eventually managed to do. A later problem with our heating was resolved within minutes. A small housekeeping issue was also rectified without issue. The warm pool was a welcome respite from the chilly March wind. Magnificent value for money, brilliantly placed if you're visiting the northwest suburbs, in Rosemont for a convention or going to the Allstate Arena for a concert or game. On the doorstep of O'Hare, and short taxi to either the 'L' or Metra.

If you want the Ritz, stay at the Ritz. If you want a good quality place with genuinely great staff, do stay here. I will return. Thank you!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank IAB123
manojmahapatra, General Manager at Best Western Des Plaines Inn, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
We greatly appreciate your compliments and it's a personal pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for being such a great guest and we value your recommendation. We would love to have you stay with us again in the future and if there is anything we can do or answer any questions, please feel free to contact us at anytime. Thanks again and we look forward to your return.
Pomeroy, Ohio
Reviewed March 20, 2013

This hotel is good for the price paid. The rooms are spacious and quiet with refrigerator and microwave, but needed better lighting and larger closets. The indoor pool was warm and comfortable considering it was in the 30's outside, check in and out were fast. We stayed in for the continental breakfast one morning out of the 3 that we were there and it was satisfactory. I do have to compliment them on the coffee that is available 24/7, it was very good. My only issues were with the carpet, it didn't look clean and there isn't a lot of parking. Other than that we had a nice stay. If you fly into O'Hare, this hotel is a few minute drive away. On a personal note, we were in town for a wedding that was scheduled for 3PM. We'd eaten breakfast late and weren't exactly ready for lunch before the wedding. Knowing it would be around 6PM by the time we had dinner I thought I'd go to the front desk and see if they had 3 pieces of fresh fruit left over from breakfast. The manager came out with 3 oranges, 3 bananas and 3 apples for my children and I. I thought that was very nice and gave the hotel a personal touch.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank teresam27
Thank you for the nice compliments and we appreciate your business. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again in the future. We are constantly working on improvements and compliments like this help us know exactly how well it's working out.
Shanghai, China
Reviewed February 26, 2013

This hotel has reasonable price, indoor pool, shuttle to Ohare, and has good services. Beakfast is full course. Quiet and clear room. Close to town and other shopping places. Refrig and microwave and almost everything you need

Room Tip: bring your swimming stuff
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
manojmahapatra, General Manager at Best Western Des Plaines Inn, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Pros:
* quiet and clean rooms
* free parking, wifi

Cons:
* building looks dark and old
* shuttle to ohare offered only once each way, reason is they send a park ridge taxi for pickup and it took us 30 minutes waiting at the terminal before it even came
* location is several miles from the airport and that's why they cannot afford to run shuttle, quite inconvenient
* heating system really bad...room was freezing to start and the heater overheated the room...no temperature control
* staff not great...our receptionist made us get our shuttle back to ohare half hour before the time we wanted so they could bunch us with another couple...cheap India management

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
manojmahapatra, General Manager at Best Western Des Plaines Inn, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you for the review. Please take the time to view the details on the website before you book the reservation, we clearly state that the shuttle is once upon check-in and checkout. We provide the taxi at no additional cost to you and it costs the hotel way more then a shuttle service would, but we do this based on convenience so guests don't have to wait every hour to see a shuttle pass by especially if it's a late night arrival. We appreciate your business, but maybe this wasn't the right hotel for you.
Reviewed February 14, 2013

This place is amazing ftom every standpoint. I stay here everytime. They have the most competitive prices in the area, provide shuttle toand from the ohare aairport and always have fresh and tasty breakfast.
I was amazed to find big spacious and clean rooms with micriwave, led tvs, fridge. I had no issues in regard to spending huge amounts on eating out. All I needed was to get frozen food whenever I needed and I was good for the day.
I would surely recommend this place to anybody looking for a decent and comfortable place to stay by himself or with family.

Abhinav

• Stayed December 2012
We appreciate the positive feedback and thank you for taking the time. We look forward to improving each and every day and positive feedback like this, lets us know we are on the right track. Thank you once again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Des Plaines
Edward Hotel Chicago
Edward Hotel Chicago
#18 of 18 in Rosemont
Best Western Plus Glenview-Chicagoland Inn & Suites

Been to Best Western Des Plaines Inn? Share your experiences!