“Small and food was terrible”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Rivers Casino

Rivers Casino
Ranked #1 of 17 things to do in Des Plaines
More attraction details
Owner description: Rivers Casino is Chicagoland's newest gaming and entertainment destination! If you are just looking to have some fun on your favorite table games, we offer 50 games, including Blackjack, Spanish 2, Craps featuring Fire Bet, Roulette, Baccarat featuring Dragon Bonus Side Bet, Mississippi Stud, 3-card poker, Pai Gow Poker featuring Fortune side bet, Caribbean Stud Poker,Texas Hold'Em Bonus. We also feature over 1,000 slots including Wheel of Fortune, Sex in the City, Sphinx 3-D, Lucky 88, and more! From a juicy steak to a basket of wings, Rivers has got you covered. We have seven bars, buffets, and restaurants to suit any taste. We are also excited to be home to the newest member of the Gibson's restaurant group, Hugo's Frog Bar and Chop House.
Chicago, Illinois
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Small and food was terrible”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I went to this casino simply because I was staying a few doors down and thought it was bad. The gaming floor was smaller than most casinos I have been to and the burger I had was bad--cheap grade of meat and greasy!

1 Thank reisert

Chicago, Illinois
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“not much of a gambler, but the casino was very nice. the buffet was ok.we like to visit the casino once just to see them”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

it's close to home. clean and the staff was very friendly. we have visited many casinos in the area and this was one of the nicer ones. out of town travelers through o'hare will find this very close to the airport. they also have bus service from the ta train from the rosemont station.

Visited May 2013
Grand Rapids Michigan
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“Ho Hum-Too many people”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

When you take into consideration that within a two hour drive you can probably hit somewhere close to 30 different casinos, why pick one (not to single out Rivers because most in the immediate vicinity of Chicago are like this) where you have to stand in line behind players to even get to a machine? I was here on a Sunday night and if it is any indication of how busy it must be on Friday's or Saturday's there is no way I would step foot back in. The payoffs were nothing to even smile about, but beyond that, it was just a big, very loud room with a bunch of machines, and rude patrons. I have visited almost all the casinos in the Chicago, and lower Michigan area (including Detroit) and I just find it a great let down to stand in line to give away my money. If one could even hit something once in awhile it might be worth it.

I can say (from another review) that I liked the Flipt restaurant though, but the casino member discount doesn't apply even though the club employees may say it does.

1 Thank TravelGoddess77
Perth, Western Australia
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“Plenty of slots but not good payers”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

My wife and I agonised about travelling from downtown to Rivers and finally decided to make the trip. The free shuttle from the station to the casino worked well in each direction and the surrounding area was tidy and well presented. We thought the casino was quite well laid out, although a bit crowded, and the environment was free from smoke, which was good, but the slots were generally of higher denominations and in the main, neither of us had much success. We did not use the restaurant although it looked nice and modern.
Rivers was popular and it was clear that many regulars were present - they possibly had better luck than us in picking good machines. If you feel the desire to try your luck, then it is probably worth the visit.

1 Thank Fresco09
Kaohsiung, Taiwan
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Good location”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

How would you rate a place that you can both won some $$$ and had excellent steak? This is it!
The casino can be reached very conveniently even by public bus or you can get on the free shuttles at certain locations. I will definitely visit it again next time when I go to Chicago.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank CTLiu2013

Been to Rivers Casino? Share your experiences!