“It's Ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Rivers Casino

Rivers Casino
Ranked #1 of 17 things to do in Des Plaines
More attraction details
Owner description: Rivers Casino is Chicagoland's newest gaming and entertainment destination! If you are just looking to have some fun on your favorite table games, we offer 50 games, including Blackjack, Spanish 2, Craps featuring Fire Bet, Roulette, Baccarat featuring Dragon Bonus Side Bet, Mississippi Stud, 3-card poker, Pai Gow Poker featuring Fortune side bet, Caribbean Stud Poker,Texas Hold'Em Bonus. We also feature over 1,000 slots including Wheel of Fortune, Sex in the City, Sphinx 3-D, Lucky 88, and more! From a juicy steak to a basket of wings, Rivers has got you covered. We have seven bars, buffets, and restaurants to suit any taste. We are also excited to be home to the newest member of the Gibson's restaurant group, Hugo's Frog Bar and Chop House.
Schererville, Indiana
67 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 83 helpful votes
“It's Ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

My son-in-law and I took a ride up to this casino to see what it was like. The access to the casino from the interstates (I294/I90/I94) is fairly easy. The exterior of the casino was nice with a large parking lot. Once inside, we were disappointed with the size of the casino. It was small. There were a good amount of gaming tables but the minimum bet was pretty high ($10 and up). The casino had very few video poker machines with none less than $.25 like other casinos and they were very tight in payoffs. We found the staff uncaring and somewhat snotty. About the only positive was the smoke free environment. I don't recommend this casino but "suum cuius" (to each his own).
GOOD LUCK....

3 Thank lemonaid73

Chicago, Illinois
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Not worth it. Save for Vegas instead”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

First of all the parking garage is good. It is just a short walk to the casino if you park on the third floor. The drinks are very expensive. The table games have high limits for a minimal bet. The reason may have been because it was a Saturday night and it was packed. I tried to play video poker 8/6 Jacks or Better and all they have are dollar machines. I consider myself a gambler because I know I'm going to lose but I don't want to throw my money away cause I try for the best odds to win. I just did not feel it. I blew a few 20s and gave up. The buffet is alright but it cost $29.70. I'm saving my hard earn money for Vegas instead.

3 Thank rmb0707
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Not worth the time”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

No room to gamble for a casual gambler who just looking for some fun. Minimum tables and slots are for rich people and not place to ever find a seat. The service at the bar made it even worse. Not worth going too

1 Thank Timwinter76
Nashville, Tennessee
56 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 113 helpful votes
“Below average play - save your money go to Vegas”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

Not enough machines and when you can get on terrible play. One expects some return and play on the slots. After a week in Vegas a terrible disappointment.

1 Thank NashBarbie
Rockford, Illinois
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Top of my list!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

I give rivers an overall 6/5 stars. This is just an unbelievable place. Once you walk in, its like las Vegas in Chicago (other than the size.. but were in des plaines not Vegas or ac) .. OK now if you enjoy sitting at a $5 table and making $60 last you the whole night, drive past and don't even bother. That being said, the dealers are awesome, the machines r new, and the food is great ( especially Hugo's) ! My advice to you is go in the morning BC the place gets packed fast and it may be difficult to find a table later in the afternoon. Keep it up rivers well be back for sure! (Gvc could take a lesson from rivers on how to treat their customers.. just saying!)

Visited December 2012

Been to Rivers Casino? Share your experiences!