“Nice Facilities - Worst Gaming”
Review of Rivers Casino

Rivers Casino
Ranked #1 of 20 things to do in Des Plaines
More attraction details
Owner description: Rivers Casino is Chicagoland's newest gaming and entertainment destination! If you are just looking to have some fun on your favorite table games, we offer 50 games, including Blackjack, Spanish 2, Craps featuring Fire Bet, Roulette, Baccarat featuring Dragon Bonus Side Bet, Mississippi Stud, 3-card poker, Pai Gow Poker featuring Fortune side bet, Caribbean Stud Poker,Texas Hold'Em Bonus. We also feature over 1,000 slots including Wheel of Fortune, Sex in the City, Sphinx 3-D, Lucky 88, and more! From a juicy steak to a basket of wings, Rivers has got you covered. We have seven bars, buffets, and restaurants to suit any taste. We are also excited to be home to the newest member of the Gibson's restaurant group, Hugo's Frog Bar and Chop House.
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I have been to many casinos across the country, Las Vegas, St. Louis, Lake Charles, Reno, and gambling is gambling, but I have never see such high wager amounts on slots with so little return. I know you can't always win, but this was the worst I have seen. The buffet was good with great service and the waitresses serving drinks on the floor very friendly.

4  Thank Robert2861
"winnings"
in 11 reviews
"garage"

Reviewed March 3, 2013

This is probably the nicest looking casino in Chicagoland, but it has the smallest amount of gaming tables and can hard to find seats, especially multiple seats together. Restaurants are good here, especially burger place Flypt.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Enjoyed the time there for fun ! Most convenient to Hilton Garden Inn, where we enjoyed our stay and convenience to O Hare.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

The Casino is nice because its new. No tighter then any others i have been. Very clean Casino, service was fine, food was pretty darn good, beers are reasonable considering the area and the huge smoking section with heat and TV's was a plus. Be prepare for heavy crowds on weekend nights. This Casino has one problem, I have never encountered this before, patrons frequent this Casino on a regular basis to socialize, party and not gamble. I talked to a couple floor men and one manager during my visit. This causes huge problems for staff and people who come here to gamble. They are fully aware of the situation and are taking steps to remedy this but i doubt they well have any luck. The more the merrier for a casino ha. You consistently have to ask people to get up to play a machine, they will be sitting at the slot facing away from it. Or people will take a slot chair and move it to a table to watch! Just ridiculous. Hence the big crowds and arguments between people who don't respect the situation, are drinking to much or just don't respect their fellow American. We saw countless situation like this in our two days at Rivers. All in all a decent casino for The Prairie State. Good Luck to all.

3  Thank Dee K
See more reviews
Reviewed February 25, 2013

With all of the hype in Chicagoland area about this casino it was a let down. We usually go to the two Hollywood Casinos when we want a Casino night and know what to expect. I came back thinking the hype is just about it being new and a more modern look, something you'd expect designers to come up with today. Seems like there were not many slot or poker machines and the majority of which were available were dollar machines. I came back happy with coming ahead, but won't be making this a regular return casino, although I will probably return, just not oftern, it does have a very nice atmosphere, just lacks in machines and I tend to go to quarter and fifty cent machines.

2  Thank dan b