“Food is good and fairly priced.” 2 of 5 bubbles

Sunrise Grill & Catering
Ranked #9 of 184 Restaurants in Des Plaines
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Sunrise Grill is owned by Chef Jose Medina. He believes that food should be as pleasing to the eye as it is to the palette. We make every dish as it is ordered, most from scratch. We offer several gluten free sides, entrees and desserts, and several of our dishes can be made gluten free or without a specific ingredient. We are a B.Y.O.B. Establishment with no corkage fee. Please stop by. We promise you won't be disappointed.
“Food is good and fairly priced.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014

Staff is terrible second time there both times the staff gets in a huddle and talks forgetting about the customers. The food was good for the money but definitely won't be back due to the staffing.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Blktoy
Sunrise_Grill, Manager at Sunrise Grill & Catering, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
We're sorry you had an unpleasant experience with us.

This isn't the first review to mention the service.

I'm trying to correct the problem, but I need specifics. Please let me know the day and time that you were at our restaurant so I can determine where or who, the problem is.

Cathy

Park Ridge, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Below average”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

Was very disappointed,service was slow food was horrible..Was expecting better after coworkers suggested this place.never again.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Mike J
(I know this review is older, but I've just taken over the site)

We're sorry you had a bad experience with us. Do you happen to remember the day and time (breakfast or dinner) you were here? I'm trying to identify when and/or who the problems are.

Cathy
Schiller Park
“Just Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

Nothing special..food was ok..atmosphere was oaky, sevice was really slow....coffee was also slow...............

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Elizabeth C
Crystal, Minnesota
“Average food good value”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Nothing special, good value, lots of choices, good service from a strip mall restaurant. $14 for two for lunch. Big portions and a busy place. This is where the locals go.

• Visited August 2013
Saint Paul, Minnesota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing, best breakfast ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Thanks to Tripadvisor, we tracked down this breakfast spot. It was less than a mile from our hotel and Allstate Arena. If I'm ever back in Rosemont, I will definitely go back to Sunrise Grill! The place was really busy for a Friday morning at 9, which to me is a really good sign. I took another reviewer's advise and ordered the Ranchero Nest. It. Was. To. Die. For. Very possibly the best breakfast I have ever eaten. In my life. The has browns were perfection, the chorizo salty and just the right amount of heat. The homemade pico de gallo and guacamole were insanely good. I ate every bite. The staff was very friendly and outgoing. I love this place! Thank you, Tripadvisor!

Visited July 2013