“Amazing, best breakfast ever!”

Sunrise Grill & Catering
Ranked #9 of 184 Restaurants in Des Plaines
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast
Description: Sunrise Grill is owned by Chef Jose Medina. He believes that food should be as pleasing to the eye as it is to the palette. We make every dish as it is ordered, most from scratch. We offer several gluten free sides, entrees and desserts, and several of our dishes can be made gluten free or without a specific ingredient. We are a B.Y.O.B. Establishment with no corkage fee. Please stop by. We promise you won't be disappointed.
Saint Paul, Minnesota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing, best breakfast ever!”
Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Thanks to Tripadvisor, we tracked down this breakfast spot. It was less than a mile from our hotel and Allstate Arena. If I'm ever back in Rosemont, I will definitely go back to Sunrise Grill! The place was really busy for a Friday morning at 9, which to me is a really good sign. I took another reviewer's advise and ordered the Ranchero Nest. It. Was. To. Die. For. Very possibly the best breakfast I have ever eaten. In my life. The has browns were perfection, the chorizo salty and just the right amount of heat. The homemade pico de gallo and guacamole were insanely good. I ate every bite. The staff was very friendly and outgoing. I love this place! Thank you, Tripadvisor!

Visited July 2013

“Another score for trip advisor”
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

We never would have found this place if not for Trip Advisor. Thank you Trip Advisor!! The staff was extremely friendly and the food was delicious. Our waitress was very nice and always had a smile on her face. The caesar salad was the best I've ever had and the "nest" (the Ranchero) was to die for. I would say that this is another score for Trip Advisor!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Person5
Des Plaines, Illinois
“My Fav of a Restaurant”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

My husband and I love this spot. We are like that one couple that also reviewed Sunrise, "be there Friday and you will see us".

As said by many clients, the presentation is excellent. The salad is cute and a good idea to impress your own guests when having company. Better yet, just take them to Sunrise.

We have tried many of the standards and the Specials of the Days are very interesting. If you are not too hungry they the salads and sandwiches. I disagree with another reviewer, I have had some very good sandwiches and salads as well. The soups are wonderful too, almost forgot, I love the little salad so much.

Always interesting specials and unusual vegetables and they change up on the pasta/potatoes too. It does involve some wait time at Sunrise. First of all it has EXCELLENT and INTERESTING food and there may be a wait also due to the fact that everything is cooked to order. I don't care it is worth the wait, and there staff gives excellent for service. They are efficient and friendly and they remember their clients. They always greet us! And you can always have seconds on the "to die" for garlic bread...but be careful don't spoil your appetite.

Try it you will not be sorry, you will be coming back again and again, I guarantee it!

• Visited May 2013
Lombard, Illinois
“Best hidden secret in Chicagoland area!”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Tucked into a strip mall on Touhy , this small diner is a real fooler! First off, you expect very little based on location and appearance, but once the wait people hand you a menu, you suspect you are in for something good.....real good!
The menu has a small but varied selection, and once you start reading, your only problem is what to order because EVERYTHING sounds great....and is! Great soup, impressive salad presentation, the best garlic toast, and then....creatively prepared entrees and sides..........BUT.........leave room for dessert, especially the cheesecake...yum!!! And don't forget....BYOB!!!! This is gourmet presentation at diner prices....really! Check out the on-line menu, and check hours; they close early and get REAL busy mid day, but this is a must-do! Maybe I'll see you there this evening for one of the "Tuesday" 4 course specials...$12.99....told you! You can't beat it!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Sharon455
Slinger, Wisconsin
“Great food in casual atmosphere.”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

We almost went somewhere else based on the outside appearance of this restaurant. It resembles a 24 hour diner and it is in a small strip mall. We decided to try it out anyway and we are glad we did. The food was very good and plated very attractively. This is a restaurant that allows you to bring in your own beverages and many patrons were doing this. Large groups even had coolers of wines and drinks. The restaurant even supplies the glasses and bottle openers. Service was slow, but we were "warned" on their menu to please be patient for dinner service. They do provide garlic bread baskets at your table complimentary with dinner.

• Visited April 2013