“Fresh and delicious sushi” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Des Plaines, Illinois
“Fresh and delicious sushi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2012

OBA is a great contemporary Japanese restaurant. Sushi there is fresh and delicious. We have visited twice. I was satisfied and had a fantastic time at OBA. First time, I ordered a Hawaiian special roll. That was one of the best sushi I ever ate. Tuna on a top was delicious and fresh. The roll was filled crabmeat and cucumber. Everything was combined very well. My husband ordered Oba signature roll. It was a very appetizing spicy tuna, tiger shrimp, cream cheese, avocado, asparagus and wasabi tobiko. That combo created an amazing taste. My mother ordered the Pink Cadillac which also was delectable. It had a fresh salmon, shrimp tempura, avocado and marinates seasonal fruit on top. I think we picked our rolls well. Moreover, they served miso soup and salad before the meal. In addition, they also served a scoop of ice-cream for a dessert. We had an enjoyable time at OBA. Even my mother, who isn’t a sushi eater, was a very happy.
Next time, we wanted to try something new. I ordered the Sweet Blossom, which was very good. That sushi was a fresh, with tasty and meaty fluke on top and spicy tuna with asparagus inside. My husband liked my sushi very much. He ordered the Crunch, which was really crunchy, yummy and also spicy. It had a fresh, spicy tuna on top, and crabmeat, cucumber, and a lot of tempura inside. Moreover I ordered a cherry blossom martini. That drink looked charming and tasted even better. We had an amazing time at OBA, and will we definitely come back again.

• Visited March 2012

• Indonesian first
Chicago, Illinois
“Superb!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2011

Fresh fish, attentive staff and delicious sushi. They have very good hours and I am glad to support this establishment.

• Visited July 2011
Chicago
“Wonderful new sushi and Japanese restaurant in NW suburbs”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2009

My wfe and I recently dined at Oba Contemporary Japanese in Des Plaines, and it was very very good. Open for lunch and dinner, we stopped in for an early lunch, studied the multipage menu, and tried many different appetizers, specialty maki that were each so creative, and cooked kitchen items - try the braised shortrib! Everything was so tasty, with homemade sauces, superfresh sushi and sashimi, cold Japanese bottled beers, and gracious service. Highly recommend to other sushi lovers. Near O'Hare airport...on Elmhurst Road a mile north of I-90 West on the east side of the street in a tiny strip mall, just south of W. Dempster. Enjoy!

1 Thank Hexter7