“Best Option For Long Or Short Term Stay”

Residence Inn Chicago Deerfield
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Deerfield
Quebec, Canada
“Best Option For Long Or Short Term Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2014

Stay Here! The rooms are clean and have everything you might need - full kitchen and multiple grocery stores nearby (but the hotel will even do the shopping for you!) The hot buffet breakfast has tons of options and is very good (my 9 year old loved the waffle machine). The pool is lovely and they provide towels and toys. They have a basketball court / volleyball court and they provide the equipment. The laundry facilities are clean (coin operated) and they sell soap etc, the internet is free and fast, the outdoor patio and gas fireplace is heaven at night. You can even use their giant BBQ (they provide the tools and wash up after you). If this area is somewhere you have business or a family event - stay here!

Room Tip: The rooms are in buildings of 4 addresses. If you have limited mobility or small children and you do...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
miami
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

This property is located within a business park in Deerfield Illinois with a convenient location accessible from Waukegan Rd and Lake Cook Rd, but not visible from either.
The rooms are entered from the outside and there is no hallway. You can park close to your room. The room are in a series of pods which remind me of cottages.The drawback to this is that in the winter the cold weather will go directly into your room and to get the excellent free breakfast you need to walk outside.

The bathroom was small but useable. The TV was fine. The A/C worked well.

We stayed here because the Courtyard was booked with college graduations.

The location is close to shopping and restaurants.

Room Tip: ask for rooms near to the lobby/breakfast area.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Shane E, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Deerfield, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review us and for sharing your experience with others. I am certainly glad that you found your accomodations comfortable and that you enjoyed the breakfast. I will certainly discuss this with our housekeeping and restaurant team! We also appreciate the feedback so that we can address any issues going forward. We hope you choose the Residence Inn Deerfield again for your next stay while you are in the Chicago area. Thanks again!

Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

Stayed at the Lake Cook Residence Inn with my 11 year old son for a long weekend father/son trip. I love trip advisor for all kinds of assistance in planning a trip to a location that I am not very familiar; I do not comment or review often. But our recent stay was so positive, I felt compelled to chime in with our experience there.
First off, the service level and just overall friendlieness from the staff was outstanding....extremely helpful ! Secondly, the room was clean, spacious, and comfortable. The full refrigerator, microwave and oven was so nice to have in the room. Thirdly, the breakfast was not just an ordinary stale bagel, bannana and watered down OJ that you find at some places. Very quality breakfast provided.... a great start to our day. Finally, the location was terrific. Very convenient to Ravinia for a concert, shopping, the metra, etc, etc. Overall, I considered the stay to be of exceptional value, and we will be staying again the next time our travels bring us to Chicago/Deerfield area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Shane E, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Deerfield, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

What a fantastic survey to share with my team! I greatly appreciate you taking the time to review us and for commending our staff on your quality stay.I'm so glad to hear that you and your son had a wonderful experience and we look forward to hosting your next father/son trip!

Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

We weren't looking for luxury and we didn't get it, but that was find with me for this trip. We DID want a good price, a safe location, a comfortable bed, and a full fridge/freezer...and that's what we got.

It's a little rough around the edges and there was a lot of noise from the upstairs that made it hard to sleep. Thankfully, when we called the front desk, they took care of it. But it did make me note that if we ever stayed there again, we'd ask for an upper floor.

I will add that the staff was very nice when I called back because one of my kids left a library book in the room. They agreed to mail it to us right away.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the top floor so that you won't hear the noise of people walking above.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Shane E, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Deerfield, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us. It sounds like overall your stay with us was not quite to your liking and I will certainly make sure to address any issues that you have made us aware of. I was however pleased to hear that our staff made sure to address your issues immediately and did so in a pleasent manner. If there is anything further that you would personaly like to address with myself and the management team, we would love to hear from you.

I hope you will consider us again for your future stays!

847-940-4644
Sissach, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

Since more than a year, I am staying minimally once a month in the Residence Inn. For me, it is like coming home. Why? The personell is very customer oriented and recognizes me once I enter the hotel, there is always a chat possible. The rooms are spacious, nice, clean, with a full kitchen. Some rooms have a fireplace where you can burn wood composites which are also available in the hotel. Free dinners minmally once a week allow to sozialise with other guests, in absence of a bar. The breakfast is not luxurious, but free, and with good quality. So, looking forward coming home again in two weeks.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014

I stayed at this property for well over a month. Accommodations are comfortable at a resonable cost. Location is very convenient. However, service was the best. Maciek, T|wyla and Lou at the front desk were simply fantastic. Very helpful and friendly service. Julissa was assigned to clean my two rooms, and she was superb. Very efficient, friendly and helpful. Two thumbs up!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014

This was the second time we'd stayed at the Residence Inn - Deerfield. The location is great and the proximity to the Metra makes it an ideal location for a Chicagoland stay. The amenities were nice and the staff were great! We were there for a week so really got a feeel for the place. We'll stay there again!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Shane E, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Deerfield, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the review and for the kind compliments. Thank you also for being returning guests. I'm very pleased that you and your family had a nice stay with us and we look forward to hosting you on your next trip to Chicago!

Shane E
Marriott Residence Inn Chicago Deerfield
Also consider these accommodations in or near Deerfield
Embassy Suites North Shore / Deerfield
Courtyard Chicago Deerfield
Chicago Marriott Suites Deerfield
Renaissance Chicago North Shore Hotel
Hyatt Regency Deerfield
Hyatt Regency Deerfield
#2 of 6 in Deerfield
Red Roof Inn Chicago - Northbrook / Deerfield

Been to Residence Inn Chicago Deerfield? Share your experiences!