“Only if you have no other choice” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Roof Inn Chicago - Northbrook / Deerfield

Red Roof Inn Chicago - Northbrook / Deerfield
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Deerfield
Paris, France
“Only if you have no other choice”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

Tried to save on the last business trip and stayed here BUT It is cheap for a reason - it's awful. Really run down and a lot of unsavory characters hanging around. Creepy, and zero security.

The maid didn't bother to clean room, no one will care that she didn't, don't waste your time or energy complaining, this is a one star dump, and they don't even deserve that little star.

Better off spending the extra for the other hotels in Deerfield. Bad enough to have to be in Deerfield, Il, why make it even worse?

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank 212Phil
Mirian L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago - Northbrook / Deerfield, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear Paris, France;

Thank you for staying with us and thank you so much for you review. Your comments are very concerning and I would love to have an opportunity to speak to you. At your convenience, please contact me at the Hotel (847)205-1755. I want you to know that we take positive or negative critique very seriously and I am a firm believer that without your feedback, improvements cannot be made.

Looking for to you phone call, talk to you soon.

i0188@redroof.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Korean first
atl
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014

Probably the cleanest hotel I've ever been in. Room spotless. Bathroom spotless. It even lacked the usual ceiling mold that is required in any RRI. Hallways are shampooed daily and smell lemony fresh. So that is impressive. My room was non smoking and its never been smoked in. Ever. Not a hint of smoke. impressive again.

AC unit worked great! Another impressive since most cant barely keep up.

Check in person was rather unpleasant and uncommunicative. if people only met him, I can see why previous reviews brought it up as a main point.

However subsequent visits to the office were serviced by what it would appear to not be a trainee and they were fantastic. So great I won't deck points for the intern. Never saw said person again anyway, that's why im inclined to say it was a temp/trainee. Cleaning staff doesn't bother you or nag you. Check out is easy and stress free.

Hotel isn't very full so you get a lot of privacy and peace. Parking is ample. Its very close to a jewel Osco if you need to shop since there is a mcdonalds (closes EARLY!) and a dominos down the road. Closest things I found. Oh and a starbucks. But that's about it. The rest are department stores and what not.

Nice flat screen TV with HD programming with plenty channels. Good internet speed too.

Odd/frustrating thing were the doors in and out of every hallway. I guess they make sense in the winter given the open location of the building, but in the summer, opening doors and pushing luggage at the same time isn't ideal. Again, im sure they are great for winter so you don't get arctic blasted going up and down the stairs for instance.

I was very positively surprised by this hotel. Definitely a place to consider if you need a hotel in that area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank idonotexist
Mirian L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago - Northbrook / Deerfield, responded to this review, July 6, 2014
Dear Idonotexist;

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your travel experience at our Red Roof Inn – Northbrook/Deerfield. I am overjoyed to hear about your comments regarding our cleanliness and Maintenance. We take pride in the appearance, odor and neatness of our rooms and facility. We want all of our guests to have a quiet comfortable stay and in order to accomplish that goal; we recently just finished our renovation with new and contemporary paint and flooring.

I sincerely apologize for your frustrations with your room door; I encourage you that in your next stay please contact our front desk team immediately if you ever require any assistance as we would be more than happy to help. I am also very sorry that you had an unpleasant check-in experience, but I am glad to read that we were able to make up for that hiccup as your stay with us progressed. We embrace and provide effective training to new and current team member; furthermore I can assure you that I will share your review with all of our team members. All of the staff here at Red Roof Inn do their respective part to ensure our guest satisfaction.
It is truly wonderful that you were able to take full advantage of the shops and restaurants in our local vicinity. Should you ever need any suggestions or additional help regarding dining options, I encourage you to contact our Front Desk team which is available 24 hours.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated as it will allow us to better serve our valued guests. I look forward to any future visits.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights during may 16 to may 19. The room was small but clean. The location is easy to find. The GM Mirian was very helpful when I tried to find a phone for transmitting messages from my event monitor to lifeguard company( don't know why the phone didn't work in our room). The front desk boy who was on duty the night when we checked in was very nice and helpful too( I feel bad forgetting his name). He helped me locate the toll station that we missed on the way to the hotel, which helped us a lot since it's our first time to Chicago and had no idea of how to pay the fee. (I would like to know his name and thank him a lot! )We enjoyed our stay here and would come back if we come back again.

• Stayed May 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mirian L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago - Northbrook / Deerfield, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Dear daisyandbernie;

I appreciate you taking the time to write such a nice review about your recent stay at our Red Roof Inn Northbrook/Deerfield. Our goal as a team is to continue to value your loyalty and deliver exceptional service during each of your stays. The room type that you selected is just one of the rooms that we have to offer. I encourage you to try out our Superior King room which features a larger work space with extra amenities. We all do our best to help whenever possible. I am delighted to hear that Manny – our Front Desk Supervisor - was able to resolve your toll station issue. Thank you once again for providing your much valued feedback. We hope to see you in the near future.

Green Bay, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights on a business trip for my company. I’ve stayed here once before a couple of months back and they have since remodeled their rooms. They have hardwood floors which gives the room a nicer look than before. The staff was great! Manny and the General Manager were both very kind upon check in. They were able to give me directions to where I needed to be in the city and recommend me great restaurants in the area. Overall the hotel was great, and I will be staying here when I visit Chicago again!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Bill W.

Thank you so much for placing such a nice review. I appreciate that you came back to stay at our Red Roof Inn Northbrook/Deerfield. Your feedback is very important to us because it is a reassurance that our mission to provide a quality guest experience was accomplished due to our recent renovation. It is still a work in progress; and I am happy to announce that we are continuing to add more to the interior and exterior of our building. Manny the rest of the team and I truly appreciate the recognition of our service because we sincerely value each of our guests. Once again, I appreciate your feedback and look forward to your next visit.

Dayton, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

I booked this trip recently for June 12-16th 2014. I was told my room rate over the phone would be 69.99 each night for two people. However, when I arrived at the hotel i was charged 89.99 for the room for two people. The GM refused to give me the rate I was promised and was extremely rude the entire time. If we were not staying in Illinois for so long I probably would have booked a different hotel. The service here was very very poor I would not recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Anna W
Mirian L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago - Northbrook / Deerfield, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear Anna W;

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused you. I am wondering if you could contact me directly at (847)205-1755 or e-mail me at i0188@redroof.com, so I could learn more about the specifics of your stay and address appropriately. I look forward to hearing from you soon!

340 S Waukegan Road
Northbrook/Deerfield, IL 60015
(847)205-1755
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

Myself and my work crew stayed in the hotel for 10 days. 1 room was clean and comfortable the other 2 were not acceptable. One group went to check out and was slightly over the checkout time and I was charged another nights stay. The staff stating there was nothing they could do. I used to manage hotels for Accor and I know for a fact they can but just would not

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Dan W
Mirian L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago - Northbrook / Deerfield, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear Mr. Dan W;

Thank you for taking the time to write a response in regards of your recent stay at our Red Roof Inn-Northbrook/Deerfield. I understand that you were unhappy with the additional charge and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. We value every customer and strive to create a wonderful and affordable guest experience. I would appreciate if you would contact me directly at the Hotel; perhaps, I can remedy the situation to your full satisfaction. Thank you again for your review and I hope to hear from you soon.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

I liked the hotel! It is a great location for visiting chicago; not too far away, but not with the annoyance of being downtown either! Lots of local businesses to suit our needs. Even a geocache in the parking lot for quick easy grabs! The workers were very friendly and considerate, Jonny and a spanish-speaking woman. Friendly neighbors to meet in the outside hallways and lobby. Great hotel overall!

• Stayed June 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mirian L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago - Northbrook / Deerfield, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Dear setheardieter, Thank you for providing your feedback from your recent visit to our Red Roof Inn Northbrook/Deerfield. It’s great to know that our hotel location allowed you to enjoy Chicago. I am also glad that you enjoyed the local businesses within walking distance of our hotel. Our new team member Jonny and I are elated to know that our mission to provide excellent customer service was accomplished. Once again thank you for your positive review. We look forward to your next visit!

i0188@redroof.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Deerfield
Embassy Suites North Shore / Deerfield
Courtyard Chicago Highland Park/Northbrook
Residence Inn Chicago Deerfield
Renaissance Chicago North Shore Hotel
La Quinta Inn & Suites Bannockburn-Deerfield
Courtyard Chicago Deerfield

Been to Red Roof Inn Chicago - Northbrook / Deerfield? Share your experiences!