Red Roof Inn Chicago - Northbrook / Deerfield
$84
Savings alert! 40% below average rates

The price you found is 40% lower than this hotel's average rate of $140/night.

$100
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $134/night.

Chicago Marriott Suites Deerfield(Deerfield)(Great Value!)
$89
Savings alert! 38% below average rates

The price you found is 38% lower than this hotel's average rate of $143/night.

$102
$90
Hyatt.com
Savings alert! 42% below average rates

The price you found is 42% lower than this hotel's average rate of $155/night.

$199
$99
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of $144/night.

$119
Courtyard
$169
La Quinta
$109
Homewood
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $138/night.

$147
$111
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of $151/night.

All reviewsfront deskroom was cleansuperior kingstaff were pleasant and helpfullaminate wood floorsjewel oscovisiting friends and familybusiness purposesnon smokingthe general managercleaning staffworked greatanother guestconvenient locationextra towelscheck in was easya great stay
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Great location, easily accessible from the expressway. Very clean, comfortable beds, quiet location. Plenty of parking right in front of the room. Front desk attendant was very friendly and helpful. Check in and out was very fast.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

This is my second stay here. This time we sprung for a delux king room which cost about $10 more per day. The extra money is worth it for a king side bed and larger room. Only complaint I have is a very noisy fan in the bathroom. The decor otherwise is standard Red Roof not fancy but functional.

Property was clean staff very helpful. Overall a good stay.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Although I may be used to staying at Marriot Hotels my fiancé and I needed a cheap getaway for the weekend. Sadly I was not pleased. The room had a musty scent and they were very stingy with pillows and towels. When asking the front desk for an extra pillow they told us they didn't have any extras. Ok. The TV has very limited channels. It's an outdated TV as well so it's not possible to hook up a PS3 or anything. What really put the icing on the cake was the MOUSE we spotted in our room on the 2nd night! A disgusting mouse was running around where we slept. I was disgusted. We called the front desk to ask if we could switch rooms and requested he bring the key to us for the new room however he made us go get it because he said he couldn't leave the lobby. K. So we had to lug all our belongings to a new room at 12:00am with no help. Also, our room key had us locked out when returning back from the mall on the 2nd day. The guy said they only programmed it for one night. Thanks. Lastly, the inside of the room says check out time is 12:00pm. This morning I get a knock on the door at 11:15am basically telling us to get out because check out was at 11:00am. My finance said the door says 12:00pm! Ad he said it was changed to 11:00am... Well no one ever notified us of this! So we rushed out and left! Not happy with this hotel. Although the beds were okay the rest was a bust. Move along... Much nicer choices for a few bucks more!

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lauren W
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I stayed here for one night on business. The staff was fantastic. They arranged a cab for me as well as let me return to my old room after I had checked out to change clothes. When I checked in, they also asked if I had a preference for which floor I stayed on. Unfortunately, that's about the only good thing about the hotel.

The room I stayed in looked really old and smelled bad. The roof was even peeling in places (see picture). The room itself looked clean, though. Additionally, if you are restricted to walking, there's not a lot around. There's a Starbucks about a quarter-mile away and a grocery store a little further on. Other than that, there's just a depressing, mostly-vacant mall.

Tip: Double check that your window is completely shut. Mine was not and somebody from the outside could easily open it and come in your room because there are no screens on the windows.

Room Tip: There is a highway running nearby one side of the hotel which was kind of loud, so ask for a room on the other side if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
redroof188, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago - Northbrook / Deerfield, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2013

Thank you for your kind words regarding our staff! We strive to make all of our guests feel welcome and it looks like we accomplished this goal with you. With respect to the building, please accept my apologies. We do our best to try to keep the hotel in the best condition possible, but sometimes we do fall short. I can assure you that your specific room has been fixed. Thank you again for choosing Red Roof and we hope that you choose us for your future stays in the area.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

I used to work in this neighborhood, so like to stay in the area when traveling between Wisconsin and Michigan.
My wife and 9 month old son stayed here the summer of 2012.
Simply put, the place is dated/dingy, a little spooky, and there are better options just down the street, if they're available.
I say spooky because my wife was a bit spooked out by the people she saw wandering about the place. I have to agree it was a bit odd, but I didn't feel uncomfortable.
However, this hotel is really nothing more than a place to crash, and much better alternatives are just a few blocks away for about twenty bucks more.
If you're cheap, or single, or everything else is booked, this is the place to stay; otherwise, drive on.

Room Tip: Try to get first floor, as elevator is slow, and the stairs are dingy.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Nathan L
redroof188, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago - Northbrook / Deerfield, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Thank you for choosing the Red Roof Inn Chicago Northbrook/Deerfield during your stay this past summer. I am sorry to hear you found it spooky. If there is ever a concern with respect to guests wandering around the hotel or any other concern that may make you feel uneasy, please call the front desk and we will address the issue immediately. Again, thank you for choosing the Red Roof Inn and we hope that you visit us again in the future.

Nathan Gavzer