“police & police blotter”

Red Roof Inn Chicago - Northbrook / Deerfield
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Deerfield
Reviewed June 26, 2011

Hard to find and poor signage along Waukegan road. I drove up and down the road 3 times before I found the entrance. The area had experienced a large area power outage the night before. No power at the Inn. No lights, AC, or hot water, the front desk phone and computer were down. The clerk was very nice in a difficult situation, and was unable to check guests in. I was in town for a funeral, so I asked to change for the wake in the lobby bathroom. During the 5 minutes I was inthe bathroom, with a flashlight, an upset guest started an altercation with the clerk in the lobby. From what I heard the clerk remained very professional. by the time I decided it was safe to come out to the Lobby, 3 Deerfield police had reported to the scene. I did not stay at the Red Roof, but with a local. The local told me that the Red Roof is frequently in the local newspaper in the police blotter section, for various infractions of the guests and activities in the parking lot.

booked through expedia, and they were very difficult about refunding a cancellation due to a power outage. The outage was still in effect two days later when I left the Chicago area.

Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Binnthere
There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn Chicago - Northbrook / Deerfield

Reviewed May 8, 2011

I always stay in this hotel when i come in to visit my family is a great location. The staff in this hotel is great, they always make me feel like I'm at home. Also prices for this hotel are a bargain for the location. Each time I come in new updates done in the rooms. This stay my room had a coffee maker in the business room. I would definitely come back to this location.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed December 16, 2010

My husband and I had never stayed at a Red Roof Inn before a trip last summer to Chicago and Milwaukee. We booked this one in Deerfield, outside of Chicago, because of the proximity to Arlington Heights (where we had been to Frontier Days) and the highway because we were heading to Milwaukee. We chose this hotel, in all honesty, because it was so inexpensive ($70 with tax on 4th of July weekend). Red Roof is definitely a “no-frills” hotel – no amenities like shampoo or coffee. But, the room was clean and comfortable and for the price, hard to beat.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 28, 2010

I was pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness and newness of the rooms - was expecting something far less. New paint, new 'linens', new fixtures, and new carpet. The recent remodel is key to this hotel's value.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 22, 2010

A search on the internet for an affordable hotel in the northern suburbs of Chicago led us to the Red Roof Inn Chicago - Northbrook/Deerfield. Not knowing the area, we were taking a chance but paying $150 and up for a room at one of the better known hotels was not an option. This hotel is in a decent area, our room was clean and quiet, the staff was pleasant and the price was within our budget. If we visit the area again, we will definitely stay at the Red Roof Inn.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 13, 2010

Very easy access to the Metra rail system (5 minute walk). The staff is excellent. Though the Interstate is nearby, the sound could not be heard in the room.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 6, 2010

but no tea/coffee pot -they said "this is a value hotel" also no pen or paper in room but nice work area for laptop, good size rooms for the $ also Bally fitnes, Best Buy and northbrook court around the corner

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Deerfield
Renaissance Chicago North Shore Hotel
Courtyard Chicago Highland Park/Northbrook
Crowne Plaza Hotel Chicago - Northbrook
Embassy Suites North Shore / Deerfield
Hyatt Regency Deerfield
Hyatt Regency Deerfield
#2 of 6 in Deerfield
Sheraton Chicago Northbrook Hotel

Been to Red Roof Inn Chicago - Northbrook / Deerfield? Share your experiences!