“Upscale amenities in convenient location.”

Chicago Marriott Suites Deerfield
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Deerfield
Reviewed January 24, 2012

Great location with highway access into and around city. Sterile office park but close to restaurants and entertainment. Friendly and professional, with good business amenities.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank TriA2
There are newer reviews for Chicago Marriott Suites Deerfield

Reviewed January 13, 2012

- Easy access to highway
- Closeby to most business enterprise
- good break fast
- Nice and spacious rooms
- OVerall great property

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 4, 2012

I really wanted to like this hotel because of it's proximity to business. During my first stay, I was disappointed in the gym; the majority of cardio equipment is behind the pool, looking at a wall, and quite outdated. The gym itself is very, very tight and somewhat claustrophobic, and can be quite crowded with <10 people inside during the mornings. I've had difficulties locating this hotel on multiple occassions and still depend on navigation to find it. For the most part, it is clean; however, during my last stay I found flies in my room (in December? in Chicago?) whose buzzing actually woke me up. I also found it odd that maintenance and painting were going on in the hall by my room at 7PM at night and did not feel exactly safe, which is essential to me when traveling on business. The rate I booked for this room was the same rate that was available at the JW Marriott Downtown, which I went to the next night and just drove in. I don't know that I will be back.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed December 28, 2011

Hotel was very nice and a great deal for the price (I was able to use the local business rate for the company I was visiting so it was about 199 a night). Tucked back into a business park it is accessible by car to some nice resturants in the area. The pool cold use some work and the workout area needs some serious ventilion, but the rooms are updated, beds comfy and I loved the seperate walk in shower (instead of the tub ...though you still have the tub).

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank ButterBee29
Reviewed December 25, 2011

We live fairly near and this hotel is the go to place for family gatherings when we next extra rooms for out of town visitors. Located near the tollway, but noise free. Staff is very nice and the breakfast, though not free, is very good. The recently updated the lobby and expanded the bar area. Suites are fairly sized, not huge. Check for local rate possibilities.

Room Tip: Higher floors okay, elevators are plentiful.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Richard B
Reviewed October 31, 2011

When all hotels downtown were $350/night for a weekend stay, we decided to stay in the suburbs for $100/night. Free parking was also a perk. Great decision! it wasn't a bad drive, and we hit a few places on our way up to Deerfield. The hotel is a quick skip off the interstate. It's a very nice place. The suites are roomy and comfortable. We had room for a rollaway in the living room. The king bed was extremely comfortable. The only weird thing is that you have to walk through the bedroom to reach the bathroom. There's no access from the living room, as there is at most suites.

The pool, hot tub and fitness are were great. There are two workout areas by the pool. One is a small room, and one is an open atrium-like area on the toher side of the pool, with tons of natural light. That area is definitely better. The workout machines each have a nice TV. I just started jogging, and for some reason, I was able to jog a lot longer on the treadmill here than the one at my gym! I wonder if the quality of the treadmill makes a difference.

One downside: no towels at the pool at night or the next morning. We called for some from the pool area, but they never brought them.

We got a great night's sleep and had a terrific workout and swim in the morning. Did not eat at the restaurant, but it looked inviting.

We found a Barnes & Noble just down the street, maybe 7 minutes away, and some shopping and dining in the upscale communities of the North Shore. The Pumpkin Festival at Highwood, 15 minutes away, was a real treat.

Room Tip: Request one with a balcony.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 19, 2011

The Marriott Suites in Deerfield is a central and quiet location for business or personal travel. My stays have primarily been for business travel, and I continue to return to this Marriott because (1) it is a quiet location in a business park, (2) close to the interstates, (3) nicely appointed rooms with a separate sleeping and work/living room, and (4) has amenities such as an in-room refrigerator. The bar and restaurant offer a good menu as well.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Deerfield
Embassy Suites North Shore / Deerfield
Hyatt Regency Deerfield
Hyatt Regency Deerfield
#2 of 6 in Deerfield
Renaissance Chicago North Shore Hotel
The Westin Chicago North Shore
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago-Deerfield/Lincolnshire
Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago Lincolnshire

Been to Chicago Marriott Suites Deerfield? Share your experiences!