“Nice place for a short stay...”

Hyatt Regency Deerfield
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Deerfield
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Nothing spectacular, but a pleasant surprise for a one night stay while on business. Check in staff was nice and accommodating when asking for a quiet room. They provided a room on the 6th floor facing the courtyard rather than the highway.

Room service for a late dinner was prompt with an adequate meal selection. Breakfast buffet was average with the standard selection of cereals, breads, scrambled eggs, bacon, etc.

Room was nicely appointed and clean. Only draw back is the room doors close loudly which can be disturb your rest when other guests are entering/exiting their rooms.

All in all a nice place to stay for a short trip.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the courtyard are quieter vs those facing the highway.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
101610A, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Deerfield, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

CycleTime-

Glad you enjoyed the hotel... I'm also happy my front desk was able to accommodate your room request... Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

As with many Hyatts, this one is a little old and tired but the public areas have been upgraded and the food quality in the restaurant was a positive surprise and overall service very good.

This is a business hotel conveniently located near many corporate HQ. the hotel runs an on demand local shuttle service but you need to reserve your ride well ahead. When a taxi is needed, the front desk will reliably call one for you.

Overall, service is pleasant and responsive. Wait staff in the restaurant could be more knowledgable about the menu selections. The filet and the chicken cacciatore both proved good choices.

My bedroom was spacious with a divider (and swivel flat screen TV) separating the bedroom area and the living room area. Comfortable but the sheets should have been replaced and the bathroom was old-fashioned and cramped, unnecessarily so given the size of the room.

Overall, a good experience but not a place to stay for more than two or three nights.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank spencerusa

spencerusa-

Thank you for the kind words about the service you experienced... I'll make sure to pass your comments along to the team. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

The standard of care in the hotel is shocking. The paint in the bathroom is peeling off, there are previous guests hairs on the blankets and dirt and marks everywhere.

The staff do things when they get around to it, even when dealing with a complaint.

Overall it feels like a cheap motel once you get to your room. If you get room 241, ask to be moved.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

ScreenSaverWorking-

I really appreciate your taking the time to share your disappointment with your
recent stay. I want to personally apologize that the hotel was not as clean as our
standards demand.

A clean room that has been prepared for our guests is basic for a good stay. I am sorry if this was not your experience. You can be confident that we will follow-up on your concerns so that others are not disappointed as you were.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! Please stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

There is nothing special, but more importantly nothing wrong with the Hyatt Deerfield. It is clean, remodelled, and a comfortable place to stay.

The room was as expected, and was hypoallergenic, as requested. The check in could be a little smoother, as there was only one person working at the time we checked in, and 5 people waiting to check in. Should have asked for someone else to come and assist other guests. Bed and pillows were comfortable. Shower was clean (although, I HATE shower curtains).

If you are visiting family in this area, the hotel is convenient to O-Hare and easy on/off the freeway.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
101610A, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Deerfield, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

stoneiam-

I'm sorry to hear you weren't overly-impressed by the hotel, as many of our other clients seem to be. I'll make sure to share your comments with my staff so we can work to improve on the concerns you had.

Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed November 28, 2013

Sometimes when I'm in the Chicagoland area, I stay at the Hyatt in Deerfield. Sometimes the rates are surprisingly low (e.g. I got an excellent rate of $69 over Thanksgiving).

The main lobby is bright, modern, well-designed. There's a great gym and swimming pool. Beds are wonderfully comfortable.

The major cons:

The staff is unhelpful. Simple questions like 'Does the hotel offer a laundry service?' or 'How much is the breakfast buffet?' baffled the front desk staff.

Everything is extra. If you drink a bottle of water in the room, you pay. If you want internet, you pay. If you want to use the business center, you pay.

The MAIN TERRIBLE THING is the following:

Twice out of the three times I've stayed here, I've been assigned (different) rooms, all with one feature in common: a leaking toilet that is annoying as hell and that persists 24/7. On one occasion it was just a constant drip, drip, drip, but sometimes it's like a waterfall in there - and not in a soothing way. On one occasion I called to have it fixed and nothing was done. This time, a service person did come but I'm not sure whether the problem was solved completely.

I'm thinking this must be a common problem in the hotel, since it has happened to me on more than one occasion. It's certainly annoying enough to potentially put me off staying here again, even though the hotel is lovely in other ways.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo

Carly S-

I'm sorry to hear you thought the front desk staff wasn't helpful... That is very much unlike the team here, but I'm sorry if that was your experience. I will certainly share your comments with them, so they can improve upon the concerns you had.

We hope you decide to give us another chance, the next time you are in town.

Hyatt Deerfield

Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

This hotel knows how to do it right. Great customer service. Modern, comfortable, lobby area. The room showed some signs of age but nothing out of the ordinary. Prompt room service. Everyone was super helpful and accommodating. The price was great. I will surely stay here again.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
101610A, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Deerfield, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Ginger2074-

Glad you enjoyed your stay... We look forward to having you back soon! If you ever need anything, don't hesitate to reach out.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

Stayed here with a hockey team.
Service at the front desk was spotty,depending on the time of day. I requested 2 wine glasses and was told I needed to call room service, the bar was right beside the desk. There was no staff at the bar or I would of asked there. I am not going to pay room service to deliver 2 empty wine glasses.
The charge for WIFI is outrageous . Every hotel provides free wifi these days.It wasn't even available in the lobby. Lots of unhappy kids unable to use their devices.
The coffee shop closes during the day.
The pool was great.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
101610A, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Deerfield, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2013

northerngal_7-

I really appreciate your taking the time to share your disappointment with your recent stay. I want to personally apologize that the hotel did not meet your expectations.

We want our guests to have the best stay possible where every area of the hotel is clean and spacious and all services are on-time and of the highest quality. You can be confident that we will follow-up on your concerns so that others are not disappointed as you were.

Adam Patenaude

Also consider these accommodations in or near Deerfield
Embassy Suites North Shore / Deerfield
Chicago Marriott Suites Deerfield
Residence Inn Chicago Deerfield
Courtyard Chicago Deerfield
The Westin Chicago North Shore
Courtyard Chicago Highland Park/Northbrook

Been to Hyatt Regency Deerfield? Share your experiences!