All reviews mini suite breakfast buffet sitting area room service business hotel nice hotel lobby bar northern suburbs nice room front desk staff downtown chicago business trip rooms are spacious lake cook road living room gym sofa
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Checkin quick and efficient. No reference to Priceline, was asked if I preferred a room near or away from the elevator. Room was clean and request for extra towels was handled quickly. This property has been recently remodeled; however they missed the mark on the bathrooms (should have ripped out wallpaper and added tile) and added outlets to the room. There was a powerstrip along one side of the bed and the other side had no place to charge my phone which I also use as my alarm. Also had to unplug a lamp in order to charge iPads during the evening. The management also needs to address room service dishes and trash being left in the hall for for extended periods of time.

Stayed: October 2012
101610A, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Deerfield, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

KathyWI-

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience...We greatly appreciate your business and hope you'll stay with us again in the future!

Reviewed October 6, 2012

I travel to the Chicago area frequently, and this hotel is exactly where I need to be. I love Hyatt, and want to love this hotel - but cannot. I agree with a previous poster - breakfast is a mess. Food is often empty, oatmeal is watery, Danish/baked goods are refrigerator cold. I cannot eat scrambled eggs, so have to ask for a fried one. You literally cannot get the waiter's attention to do so, and coffee refills are difficult too. Next time I am ordering from the menu!

The front desk is mixed. Greg (AM) is excellent, and there is a young woman in the PM that is good. But not all are like that, and it is a draw as to who you will get. No excuse for this at Hyatt.

The rooms are remodeled and a mini suite. The colors are restful, and overall they did a good job. Bathroom is TINY, with sink outside the toilet/tub area and visible from the bed. If this bothers you, beware. Windows do not open, which is a way bigger peeve for me.

There does not appear to be a bellman always available, but parking is convenient and well lit.

Nothing truly horrible, but not up to Hyatt standards. I will stay here again because I must - not out of choice.

i do see great weekend rates, and since the rooms are nice, I can easily recommend for an inexpensive weekend get-away. Just be sure to eat elsewhere...

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Adam P, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Deerfield, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

sophiegirl04-

I really appreciate your taking the time to share your disappointment with your recent stay. I want to personally apologize that the hotel did not meet your expectations.

We want our guests to have the best stay possible where every area of the hotel is clean and spacious and all services are on-time and of the highest quality. You can be confident that we will follow-up on your concerns so that others are not disappointed as you were.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! Please stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

Front desk and hotel were amazing but when you go to the breakfast buffet it is so disgusting food cold they run out of food not even half way through and service is bad will never eat at the buffet again

• Stayed: September 2012
Adam P, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Deerfield, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

countrytime7-

Thanks for the feedback... I will certainly follow up with my restuarant staff... There is absolutely no reason we should ever run out of food, or for it to be cold...

I'm glad you got great service from my front desk staff... again, thank you for the feedback!

Reviewed September 27, 2012

We really liked this hotel. Was clean and the staff was very nice. Spent the day in Longwood and was very convenient to lots of other things in the NW suburbs of Chicago. When we asked about restaurants the desk clerk gave us a print out of the nearest ones that gave us the name, address, directions and what type it was. We found this very helpful.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Adam P, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Deerfield, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

luckywhentraveling-

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel! I'm glad the service met your expectations!!! If there is ever anything I can do for you, don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Thank you for the business!

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Our USS FLOYD B. PARKS DD884 reunion took place here at the Hyatt Deerfield. It doesn't get better than this. Courtesy is first on their list. The spacious and gorgeous lobby invites you in immediately. The rooms are all very clean and well decorated and kept that way daily by the hotel houskeepers. The chef (Deb) puts out amazing food (a bit pricey) that will keep you coming back, most especially for that great chicken noodle soup. We worked closely with Taylor Farella and Gary O'Driscoll and they are top notch. We got help any time we needed it and many times they were way ahead of us. Thank you Gary & Taylor. The catering and banquet dept. were on top of everything from morning through night. Our shipmates and their families had a wonderful time and have sent us kudos on a tremendous hotel stay. A beautiful hotel offering the best to all of our veterans. You just cant miss with a stay at the Hyatt Deerfield. Dont hesitate to book here. You will be treated extremely well from the time you check in until you leave. We miss you Hyatt Deerfield!!! Hugs to all who took great care of us.

BILL & SUE BIRDSONG

Room Tip: All are wonderful!!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Adam P, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Deerfield, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2012

Sue/Bill-

So great to meet you last week! I'm glad you had a great event! Thank you for everything...