$147
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
$139
$69
Chicago Marriott Suites Deerfield(Deerfield)(Great Value!)
$189
$109
$128
$125
Homewood
All reviewsmini suitebreakfast buffetsitting arearoom servicebusiness hotelnice hotellobby barnorthern suburbsnice roomfront desk staffdowntown chicagobusiness triprooms are spaciouslake cook roadliving roomgymsofa
Reviewed July 2, 2012

This hotel is gorgeous!! Extremely helpful and friendly front desk stay. They informed me they just completed a $10 million renovation of the hotel, and let me tell you, they did a fantastic job!! The lobby is sleek and contemporary with flat screen TVs all over the place. The rooms are big and comfortable. The food at the restaurant was amazing. I highly recommend everyone to stay at this hotel!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Adam P, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Deerfield, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

JamesV80-

Glad you liked the renovation! We are very happy with how everything turned out! We greatly appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed June 29, 2012

Just stayed at the Hyatt in Deerfield this past week. It's a decent size hotel which surprised me given that it's in a suburb of Chicago. It's not a high rise but has a lot of rooms. Very expansive lobby and parking is adequate. It seems to be attached to the Walgreen's office complex as you have to go through it if you want to get out to the major street/intersection.

It is located right off of the I294 toll freeway so it's an easy 20 minute drive from O'hare. But, don't forget coins if you didn't rent a car with the automated toll pass.

The check in only has two spots which I thought was a bit small given the size of the hotel. Regardless, check in went quick. My colleagues and I had rooms on the first floor which is odd for a hotel. But, the rooms were good and quiet. The room I had faced the large courtyard adjacent to the main entrance so no traffic noise. It is a mini-suite type room with a separation of the sitting area and the bedroom with a TV in between that can swivel to face either the living space or the bed. Oddly enough the TV did not have HD programming which I find very poor these days.

I did not use the hotel internet so I didn't have a problem with that as I travel with my own 3G internet device because I find all hotels that don't give you internet for free a rip off.

Washroom was separated between the sink area and the toilet/bath/shower area which I prefer. Closet was a decent size as well adjacent to the sink area. The shower did have the pre-requisite curved shower bar that I insist on having in the tub/shower type washrooms. Water pressure could have been better.

The rooms were clean enough and the desk space was good. But, my room was missing both the iron board and the hair dryer which I didn't notice until after I took a shower. Both were brought to me once I notified housekeeping.

There is a restaurant/bar in the lounge. Just outside the lounge in the lobby there are 4 TV's hung on the wall that do have HD programming which makes the lack of it in the room so much more perplexing.

The restaurant/lounge serves a breakfast buffet but it's pretty expensive at $22 a head. It's good but not $22 good.

Overall I found it a good hotel that I would stay at a again. For those who stay here, just west of the hotel is Milwaukee avenue where the restaurant are. I would highly suggest a visit to Bob Chinn's Crabshack. It's busy so get their early.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

warmhappyfeet-

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience! We greatly appreciate your business and appreciate you taking the time to share positive feedback!

If you're ever back in the area, we hope you'll stay with us again!

Reviewed June 28, 2012

I have stayed here before but the service has truly declined. A quick summary
- expensive Internet charge (even for hyatt gold passport members)
- no water in the fitness room (no water fountain or bottled water). I've never seen a hotel fitness room without water!
- no cleaning wipes in fitness area
- truly poor service at the coffee pickup area (grumpy unhelpful attendant and a long wait)
- after 20 rings without answering I gave up on room service (and they were going to charge $12 for coffee)
- no pen or paper in the room. This seems like it's not a big deal until you need it for a business call.

The reason i've selected it before was generally large rooms and convenient area. But there certainly are other options that are more business friendly.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo

dottie dog-

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience... I'm sorry the hotel did not meet your expectations... We do have a filtered drinking water system in the fitness center, along with sanitary wipes, cold towles and whole fruit. I will certainly follow-up on the other issues you experience, so that others aren't disappointed as you were. Thank you again!

Reviewed June 27, 2012

Just returned from a 4d/3n trip @ hyatt deerfield-visiting w/family on the north shore. Unhappy w/the internet charge of 9.99 per computer use-right! we had an ipad and laptop so were charged x2 per day 39.99 for 2 -24hr .Never heard of that before-I called to ask if it was correct, and was told yes per computer.Fitness room had kids using equipment wet from the pool-no supervision,did the breakfast buffet at Jaxx the morning we left-, food was cool to lukewarm -got there at 10am by 10 :15 they said they would be closing it down in 5mn, supposedly it should have been 11am-18.00/pp for a 15mn grab and go-I really expected better with the hyatt

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 26, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Hyatt Deerfield for 3 nights while visiting family and had a nice lodging package that included the breakfast buffet (though it wasn't indicated ahead of time that it was the buffet) and also the 3rd night free. Front desk personnel were very pleasant and informative. We did not get a chance to use the pool though it looked nice. Lobby area is very open and spacious. We enjoyed the breakfast buffet 2 of our 3 mornings, going elsewhere the 3rd morning. Though the buffet was included in our package, it appeared to me that the listed cost for the buffet ($37 for a couple) was high. However, I will always down grade a hotel that charges for internet service, which this Hyatt did both for in the room and at the business center.

Room Tip: Expect the "airline model" of dinging you for extras like internet service.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

starvoyage-

Thank you for the positive feedback... While we do charge for internet (as do most full service hotels), the best way to get free internet service is to join Hyatt Gold Passport (Hyatt's frequent stay points program)... Thanks again for the positive feedback!