All reviewsmini suitebreakfast buffetsitting arearoom servicebusiness hotelnice hotellobby barnorthern suburbsnice roomfront desk staffdowntown chicagobusiness triprooms are spaciouslake cook roadliving roomgymsofa
Reviewed June 28, 2012

I have stayed here before but the service has truly declined. A quick summary
- expensive Internet charge (even for hyatt gold passport members)
- no water in the fitness room (no water fountain or bottled water). I've never seen a hotel fitness room without water!
- no cleaning wipes in fitness area
- truly poor service at the coffee pickup area (grumpy unhelpful attendant and a long wait)
- after 20 rings without answering I gave up on room service (and they were going to charge $12 for coffee)
- no pen or paper in the room. This seems like it's not a big deal until you need it for a business call.

The reason i've selected it before was generally large rooms and convenient area. But there certainly are other options that are more business friendly.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Management response:Responded July 4, 2012

dottie dog-

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience... I'm sorry the hotel did not meet your expectations... We do have a filtered drinking water system in the fitness center, along with sanitary wipes, cold towles and whole fruit. I will certainly follow-up on the other issues you experience, so that others aren't disappointed as you were. Thank you again!

Reviewed June 27, 2012

Just returned from a 4d/3n trip @ hyatt deerfield-visiting w/family on the north shore. Unhappy w/the internet charge of 9.99 per computer use-right! we had an ipad and laptop so were charged x2 per day 39.99 for 2 -24hr .Never heard of that before-I called to ask if it was correct, and was told yes per computer.Fitness room had kids using equipment wet from the pool-no supervision,did the breakfast buffet at Jaxx the morning we left-, food was cool to lukewarm -got there at 10am by 10 :15 they said they would be closing it down in 5mn, supposedly it should have been 11am-18.00/pp for a 15mn grab and go-I really expected better with the hyatt

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 26, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Hyatt Deerfield for 3 nights while visiting family and had a nice lodging package that included the breakfast buffet (though it wasn't indicated ahead of time that it was the buffet) and also the 3rd night free. Front desk personnel were very pleasant and informative. We did not get a chance to use the pool though it looked nice. Lobby area is very open and spacious. We enjoyed the breakfast buffet 2 of our 3 mornings, going elsewhere the 3rd morning. Though the buffet was included in our package, it appeared to me that the listed cost for the buffet ($37 for a couple) was high. However, I will always down grade a hotel that charges for internet service, which this Hyatt did both for in the room and at the business center.

Room Tip: Expect the "airline model" of dinging you for extras like internet service.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 4, 2012

starvoyage-

Thank you for the positive feedback... While we do charge for internet (as do most full service hotels), the best way to get free internet service is to join Hyatt Gold Passport (Hyatt's frequent stay points program)... Thanks again for the positive feedback!

Reviewed June 25, 2012

This is my second stay at this property, but my first since the lobby renovation. They did a very good job on the lobby. It is fresh, comfortable and welcoming. The rooms are (still) spotless and comfortable. I like the large divided room with the sofa and desk on one side and the bed on the other. They don't have high thread-count sheets or thick towels, but I was comfortable in the room nevertheless. There are only about 40 TV stations on their cable, which was fairly limited for 2012 compared to other places at which I had recently stayed. As a female staying at this location by myself I felt safe. I liked this place and when I return to the area I would stay there again.

Room Tip: No real "view" to be had here. Just didn't look out the window.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 12, 2012

I got this room for a bargain on priceline.com for a night to stay after being at six flags all day. It was only about 18 minutes from the park and located right off the highway. This place is very elegant and tastefully decorated. The room was quite spacious and was perfectly laid out. Pool and hot tub were a hit with the kids and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. This is far and above what we'd normally expect for the price we paid and were very pleased with the property.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank John F
Adam P, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Deerfield, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2012

Mike F-

Thank you for staying with us! Some people forget just how close Six Flags is from the hotel and how easy it it to get there via the expressway... We appreciate your business and hope you stay with us again soon!