“Hidden gem”

Embassy Suites North Shore / Deerfield
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Deerfield
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Great stay. Rooms were nice size. Comfortable bed. Kids used the pullout couch in suite. Nice to have the space. Shower was very nice. Breakfast was great. Love Embassy Suites for breakfast when traveling! We had omelets made to order. Parking lot was well lit. Hotel is hidden behind another building at night from the main road (it was raining the night & we arrived at 10pm).

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Brad H, General Manager at Embassy Suites North Shore / Deerfield, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2013

Dear Michelle S,

Thank you for your comments regarding your visit and I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit. We are tucked away a bit from Lake Cook Road and I like your description of the hotel as a "Hidden Gem."

My hope is that you will visit us again in the future.

All the best,

There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites North Shore / Deerfield

Reviewed April 25, 2013

I rarely sleep well at hotels, but was pleasantly pleased at how comfortable the bed was, as well as the linens and pillows. Hotel was welcoming, warm and clean. Will definitely return and seek out other Embassy Suites in the future.

Dear Patricia M,

Thank you for takinig the time to provide comments regarding your visit. I am glad to hear that you found the hotel relaxing, clean and comfortable. Our service statement is Gracious, Engaging and Caring....Making a difference in the lives of others in ways both big and small and I am glad that you experienced the warmth of our service during your visit.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Not sure if this Embassy has different management than 2 years ago but my stay this time was a disappointment. We stayed for two weeks so it was frustrating to find out the guest laundry was no longer on-site. Additionally if you want to enjoy snacks at the reception get there EARLY. if the snacks run out they are not replenished. Normally not too much of a problem except on the weekend.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Brad H, General Manager at Embassy Suites North Shore / Deerfield, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Dear Matt S,

thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Deerfield. Please accept my apology that the laundry room was not completed due to the renovation. I realize that this does not change your experience but we have added a washer and now have two available for guests. I am disapointed that I did not know about your disatisfaction during your visit. I certainly would have worked to assist you in any way.

We have now completed the renovation and my hope is that you will return. Please contact me at your convenience as I would like to assist you in any way.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

My stay was for 10 days and I was more than happy when I was informed that I would stay at the Embassy hotel. From dinner at the Cadwell to the breakfast meal, my stay was outstanding and I look forward to the next opportunity. Until thne keep up the great services.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Brad H, General Manager at Embassy Suites North Shore / Deerfield, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Hello Frank P,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your visit. I was glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the service provided at Cadwell's Grille and throughout the hotel.

We look forward to your return and please let me know if I may assist you in any way.

Warm regards,

Reviewed April 21, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights on business, the hotel is fine, and convenient for business travel, however the staff at reception, and restaurant could not be friendlier and more accomodating. You do not always find a hotel where they actualy make you feel welcome to be there, so I really enjoyed the experience. They also have a shuttle service that takes you from the hotel to nearby shopping centers and restaurants when you want to, and free of charge. I will stay there again if I am in Deerfield for business.

Dear Mlfurst,

Thank you for your very kind comments regarding the friendliness of the staff at the hotel. I was so glad to hear that you were made to feel very welcome and comfortable and that you will return to the hotel the next time you visit Chicago.

I will pass on your comments to the evening reception and restaurant team regarding their hospitality.

All the best,

Reviewed April 20, 2013

Well finding the hotel is a trip. Really.
Locate the address with your GPS and it takes you to a free-standing sign on Lake Cook Rd, surrounded by office buildings (no i wouldn't make this up)...and if you ask any living soul you can find where the hotel is they just point you to the Hyatt up the street. If this hadn't been a prepaid reservation - they'd have lost me too. I wonder how much profit this Hotel makes from selling rooms that nobody uses because the guests gave up and went elsewhere? When i finally located the joint (if you persist in your hunt, it's behind two buildings, south in the same office park) I commented to the ladies at check in......................which they seemed to find amusing 'here's another one' kind of attitude.
Well [--]!
If i could've gotten a refund and taken my business elsewhere at that point i'd have done it in a heartbeat.
BUT priceline is non refundable.
Room was cold, the heating never worked, no matter what i did, and being on the ground floor it was noisy. It was noisy next to the corridor, it was noisy (road noise from the freeway) in the bedroom.
Breakfast was an exercise in 'we don't have that' glad it was free.
WiFi was good, surprisingly.
I've stayed in MUCH better Red Roof Inns.
Which is where I went after I checked out.
Seriously - I've NEVER stayed at an Embassy Suites I didn't like. Until this one.
There is a Hyatt up the street closer to the interchange. That gets a much better rating from yours truly. This one is cheaper on expedia and priceline. Go figure & good Luck!

1  Thank butlinz

Dear Butlinz,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to provide your feedback. It seems from your comments that not finding the hotel was not a good way to start your stay and I sincerely apologize. We are located behind the Walgreen buildings and our sign is on Lake Cook Road and I agree that you can easily see us from the highway but can be challenging for some to find our location from Lake Cook Road.

We will also address the other items you mentioned as I would never want anyone else to feel this way about their visit. I certainly would like to make this up to you in some way and please contact me at the hotel at your convenience.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

I stayed in this hotel because I was on a buying trip and it was recommended. Needed to get transportation from the airport but that was okay. Hotel isn't easy to find and there is nothing around it but other office type buildings. The continental breakfast and manager's reception were good. Ate in the restaurant one night and had extremely slow service and they weren't that busy. Had the same experience the last time I stayed. Room was comfortable. Hair dryer didn't work. Staff were nice and willing to assist if I needed anything. There were three of us in the room and I had the sofa sleeper - would not recommend if you have to stay more than a couple of nights.

Dear TCBurns_5,

Thank you for staying at the hotel during your recent buying trip to Chicago. I was glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit and also have passed on your comments to further refine our service.

I was glad to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast and evening reception and my hope is that you will return in the future.

General manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Deerfield
Hyatt Regency Deerfield
Hyatt Regency Deerfield
#2 of 6 in Deerfield
Chicago Marriott Suites Deerfield
Renaissance Chicago North Shore Hotel
The Westin Chicago North Shore
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago-Deerfield/Lincolnshire
Courtyard Chicago Highland Park/Northbrook

Been to Embassy Suites North Shore / Deerfield? Share your experiences!