I travel regularly to the Riverwoods/Deerfield area on business and have stayed at three different hotels in the area, looking to find my favorite, so far, this one is it. I've stayed at the Embassy Suites North Shore three times now, each time for three nights, and I have to say that it fits the bill perfectly for me.
* Each and every employee that I've encountered has been friendly and helpful. In particular, the shuttle drivers (morning and evening) have been wonderful: friendly and kind. I've relied on these gentlemen to drive me to my office and pick me up, and they've generally been very reliable. They've even given me tips to pick up a quick dinner and have offered recommendations (good ones!) as well. They are doing a great job for Embassy Suites. There is also a lovely woman at the front desk in the mornings who has been very friendly and helpful as well.
* I usually ask for an extra early check in so I can head here straight from the airport and freshen up before heading to the office, and they have always been able to accommodate me, which I appreciate.
* I love the "old style" Embassy Suites layout, with the "river" and koi fish rambling through the center. I'm sad that they are renovating to change this, but I understand that some things have to change! I'm looking forward to my next visit later this month, when I can see the results of the renovation!
* The layout of the suites is good -- I can work at the desk and watch the TV at the same time (I try to fit in work in the evenings). Wireless Internet has been good and reliable as well.
* The pool and hot tub look inviting and I always bring my suit, but I'm also always too busy to swim!
* Beds are comfortable -- I do get a good night's sleep here.
* Breakfast is okay -- I usually get an omelet a couple of times during my stay. Definitely better than the Holiday Inn Express down the street.
* Managers Reception--I'm not a big drinker, but I've stopped by this a couple of times. Once they were testing out potential new signature drinks for the new renovated bar/restaurant. That was fun! I hope my choice won!
* I've eaten at the restaurant twice. It was acceptable for a hotel restaurant, if a bit pricey (then again, I did order steak).
* The room service was serviceable--the food arrived relatively quickly and was hot. Again, it was pricey, but what room service isn't pricey?
Areas that could be improved:
* The breakfast could be better -- in particular I find the "liquid eggs" mixture that they use for the omelets a bit off-putting, and they use quite a bit of oil! A change to "real" eggs would definitely be more appetizing.
I'm a definite fan of this Embassy Suites and I look forward to my next visit (in a couple of weeks) when I can see how the renovation has come along.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay in this full-service all-suite hotel located 14 miles from Chicago’s O’Hare International Airport. Embassy Suites Chicago - North Shore/Deerfield is situated in an excellent location for easy access to several Fortune 500 headquarters, Chicago attractions, world-class shopping and a diverse array of restaurants. Relax in your spacious two-room suite and enjoy a range of home-like amenities such as two flat-screen TVs, a wet bar area with a refrigerator, microwave and coffeemaker. Accessible rooms are available.Start your day with a free cooked-to-order breakfast, and savor complimentary beverages and snacks at the Evening Reception*. If you’re busy, Room Service is available from Cadwell's Grille. Take advantage of the hotel’s BusinessLink™ Business Center and express mail service. Hold a meeting or conference in one of the five event venues, and enjoy the range of business amenities and services available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels Direct, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Embassy Suites North Shore / Deerfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites North Shore / Deerfield Hotel Deerfield
- Embassy Suites Deerfield
- Deerfield Embassy Suites