Embassy Suites North Shore / Deerfield
$93
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of $136/night.

Chicago Marriott Suites Deerfield(Deerfield)(Great Value!)
$89
Savings alert! 37% below average rates

The price you found is 37% lower than this hotel's average rate of $142/night.

$79
$113
$99
Hyatt.com
Savings alert! 37% below average rates

The price you found is 37% lower than this hotel's average rate of $158/night.

$129
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of $174/night.

$145
Homewood
$195
$144
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $161/night.

1,125 results
All reviewsevening receptionomeletmade to order breakfastfree happy hourfront desk stafffamily reunionhotel restaurantcomplimentary breakfastchicago areanorth shorethe breakfast arealiving roomvery nice hotelbusiness centernice stayshuttle servicefitness center
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I'm a longtime advocate of Embassy Suites properties. However, my family stayed at the Deerfield, Illinois (near Chicago) property this past weekend as part of our son's hockey tournament and I could not get over how hard some of the managers worked to ensure that the location is anti-family. At every turn, we were made to feel uncomfortable, our children had managers following them everywhere, scolding them, and they actually called the local police to enforce Deerfield's curfew for children under 15 and intimidate the guests. A really terrible experience and the manager who looks somewhat like Niles Crane should find employment at somewhere where kids do not frequent.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Aaron P
Brad H, General Manager at Embassy Suites North Shore / Deerfield, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2012

Dear Aaron P -

I sincerely apologize for your experience. We love families at the Embassy Suites and welcome them with open arms. Our property is ideally designed to host families with our suites, complimentary breakfast and evening reception.

This particular weekend we did have a hockey group at the hotel and we were glad to host the teams. After 10pm it is imperative that the hotel is calm and quiet in order for guests to be able to rest. Unfortunately, there were a few situations in which parents were not supervising their children and it was disturbing other guests. Our goal is to provide a good experience to all of our guests and we did ask the children and parents that were out in the hallways and atrium to assist with keeping the noise levels down. We also have a wonderful relationship with the local peace officers and they stop by the hotel often and they did stop by after 11pm that evening to help us ensure that the guests will get a good nights rest.

Fortunately with our action to address a very small group of guests we did minimize the impact to the guests that were sleeping.

I apologize for your experience and thank you for your feedback. We will work to determine how we can address these situations in the future.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

This hotel is very well placed near 294 expressway and the Walgreens corporate headquarters. So anyone having business at Walgreens should come here. Nice hot breakfast and the Manager's special evening snack/ drinks between 5:30 PM -7:30 PM. The hotel offers free shuttle service anywhere within 3.5 miles which includes the Northbrook mall, Deerfield DMV and Metra station. I have been staying here for exact one month and will return !

Room Tip: All rooms are the same.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear MonisAziz,

Thank your for staying with us and also for your positive comments regarding our location, accommodations and service. I also sincerely appreciate you staying with us for one month!

We have many guests like you that do return often and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

All the best,

Reviewed October 26, 2012

Stayed here one night while in the Deerfield, IL area for business. I found the hotel to be a standard Embassy Suites. Nothing great - but in fairness nothing at all bad either. The room was ok - seemed a bit dated, but relatively clean and that was what mattered to me. The front desk did arrange a cab for me the next morning which I am often skepical about but sure enough they came through and the cab arrived as promised. I would probably stay here again while in the area.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear HudsonScooterman,

Thank you for your feedback. We are currently undergoing a significant renovation to greatly improve the hotel.

My hope is that you will return after the renovation to see the positive changes.

Warm regards,

Reviewed October 15, 2012

My spouse and I have stayed here several times, and it is our mini vacation spot as we go to the botanic gardens a couple times a year.

We love it because its a mini tropical oasis with Koi fish, and it feels vacationy even though we are an hour away! We love the breakfast! It's our little getaway!

Most recent visit was good/not so good.

1. The planned remodeling.
There's enough business penguin hotels in this area already. Now it's going to become more businessy, and they're getting rid of the fish.

2. The room service, dollar for dollar was the worst money I ever spent.
We ordered at a Sunday at 6:30, a grilled cheese, Cobb salad, and chicken wings.
Hoping to eat during the Simpsons.. Then hoping to eat during Bobs burgers, then hoping to eat during family guy. As the credits were rolling on family guy, we got our cold grilled cheese... Needed to be microwaved, the hot Cobb salad, with warm dressing, and the weirdest chicken wings I ever saw. All for only $58. The girl who dropped it off was very nice.

3. The pool and hot tub, were great as usual! No complaints.

4. Comfortable, clean rooms. Stomach issues from weird meal.
5. Yay redemption breakfast!!

How can bacon have no flavor!!??!
It's bacon! It literally had no flavor, and the pieces were as big as a fingernail. (To be fair my spouse thought the bacon was ok)
The scrambled eggs were ice cold, I could have put them in my coffee to cool it off!
French toast was good! Bagels were good and thick.

We truly love this hotel for the most part, but were a little disappointed overall. We don't want our little tropical Chicago to go away, but the briefcase model I guess will appeal to the loosen the tie, have a whiskey on the rocks as mergers and hedge funds make my $179 dollars on weeknights seem like a bargain.

Don't kill the koi! We love them! Especially the black lurker..

• Stayed: October 2012
Brad H, General Manager at Embassy Suites North Shore / Deerfield, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2012

Dear TheFBH -

First things first, the Koi will be very well taken care of and we have a home that will be even better than what they have enjoyed over the past several years. You may not know but Koi can live to be over 200 years old.

Thank you for your comments. I am glad to report that I have gotten to the bottom of the challenge with room service and will be reach out to you to provide resolution. I was glad to hear that apart from the delayed room service you enjoyed your visit.

Please do visit again and please let me know if I may assist in any other way.

Warm regards,

Brad

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Our recent travel this weekend was for a conference and we wanted to stay an extra day in Chicago. Went to the north shore to look at parks and marinas on Sheridan drive, hotwired a hotel and got this property just off of 294. Easy off and easy on, but went to check in and was reminded that hotwire doesn't guarantee the type of room you want, so we got a smoking room when we checked in. I appreciate smokers as trying to kick the habit, but there was no way that we could stay in a smoking room....so we asked at the desk to be switched, and they did so without complaint or issue. That was a service plus for me, as they equally could have told me to lump it or leave it....but they didn't. The hotel was really easy to get around from, train only a few blocks if you want to take it downtown, the Edens and the Tri- state only a stones throw. Tried the resturant, the bar, the managers get together and the breakfast in the am....all were very very nice. If you can get a good rate, the hotel staff here want to take care of you and want you to come back....and we will be back.

Room Tip: opposite corner from the desk, on the second floor nets you a easy stair walk to the main floor, minus the noise, straight to the bar/rest, pool and fitness room. No elevator waits, and only one flight of stairs.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear BGould1001 -

Thank you for the very kind words regarding how the front desk team handled the situation with your reservation. We sincerely beleive that we always need to do our best to "take care of the guest." It seems like a simple phrase but when the associates think of it in all situations it can really make a difference in the guest's experience.

I am very glad that you joined us and my hope is that you will visit again soon. Please feel free to contact me if there is any way that I may assist in the future.

Brad