My spouse and I have stayed here several times, and it is our mini vacation spot as we go to the botanic gardens a couple times a year.
We love it because its a mini tropical oasis with Koi fish, and it feels vacationy even though we are an hour away! We love the breakfast! It's our little getaway!
Most recent visit was good/not so good.
1. The planned remodeling.
There's enough business penguin hotels in this area already. Now it's going to become more businessy, and they're getting rid of the fish.
2. The room service, dollar for dollar was the worst money I ever spent.
We ordered at a Sunday at 6:30, a grilled cheese, Cobb salad, and chicken wings.
Hoping to eat during the Simpsons.. Then hoping to eat during Bobs burgers, then hoping to eat during family guy. As the credits were rolling on family guy, we got our cold grilled cheese... Needed to be microwaved, the hot Cobb salad, with warm dressing, and the weirdest chicken wings I ever saw. All for only $58. The girl who dropped it off was very nice.
3. The pool and hot tub, were great as usual! No complaints.
4. Comfortable, clean rooms. Stomach issues from weird meal.
5. Yay redemption breakfast!!
How can bacon have no flavor!!??!
It's bacon! It literally had no flavor, and the pieces were as big as a fingernail. (To be fair my spouse thought the bacon was ok)
The scrambled eggs were ice cold, I could have put them in my coffee to cool it off!
French toast was good! Bagels were good and thick.
We truly love this hotel for the most part, but were a little disappointed overall. We don't want our little tropical Chicago to go away, but the briefcase model I guess will appeal to the loosen the tie, have a whiskey on the rocks as mergers and hedge funds make my $179 dollars on weeknights seem like a bargain.
Don't kill the koi! We love them! Especially the black lurker..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay in the newly renovated full-service all-suite hotel located 14 miles from Chicago’s O’Hare International Airport. Embassy Suites Chicago - North Shore/Deerfield is situated in an excellent location for easy access to several Fortune 500 headquarters, Chicago attractions, world-class shopping and a diverse array of restaurants. Relax in your spacious two-room suite and enjoy a range of home-like amenities such as two flat-screen TVs, a wet bar area with a refrigerator, microwave and coffeemaker. Accessible rooms are available.Start your day with a free cooked-to-order breakfast, and savor complimentary beverages and snacks at the Evening Reception*. If you’re busy, Room Service is available from Cadwell's Grille. Take advantage of the hotel’s BusinessLink™ Business Center and express mail service. Hold a meeting or conference in one of the five event venues, and enjoy the range of business amenities and services available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and getaroom.com so you can book your Embassy Suites North Shore / Deerfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites North Shore / Deerfield Hotel Deerfield
- Embassy Suites Deerfield
- Deerfield Embassy Suites