Embassy Suites North Shore / Deerfield
$144
Chicago Marriott Suites Deerfield(Deerfield)(Great Value!)
$151
Homewood
$207
$156
1,125 results
All reviewsevening receptionomeletmade to order breakfastfree happy hourfront desk stafffamily reunionhotel restaurantcomplimentary breakfastchicago areanorth shorethe breakfast arealiving roomvery nice hotelbusiness centernice stayshuttle servicefitness center
Reviewed October 6, 2012

This hotel advertises a free, cooked to order breakfast. However, on Saturdays and Sundays, it was not available until our entire group had to leave for work. They begin breakfast at 7:30. Anyone having to be at work by 8am will not get breakfast. The manager doesn't seem to care. We spent a lot of money booking 3 rooms for two different stays (total of 15 nights) in this hotel because of the "supposed" complimentary breakfast, but we were unable to enjoy it due to their policy of not beginning breakfast on the weekends until 7:30...which is conveniently not published on their website. This is money I could have spent at another hotel and wish I would have.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank steven g
Brad H, General Manager at Embassy Suites North Shore / Deerfield, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2012

Dear Steven G,

Thank you for staying with us during your trip to Deerfield. I sincerely apologize for the different hours on the weekend for breakfast. It is true that most of the guests on Saturday and Sunday do sleep in and come down after 9 in the morning.

I will review the hours and speak with the staff to find out if this is a common occurence and consider revising the time for the future. I do understand that this does not resolve your situation and please let me know what I can do to resolve your concerns.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Overall we found the hotel to be excellent...except that we did not sleep either of the two nights we stayed there. I look forward to finally sleeping at home tonight, I am exhausted. The mattress had a giant dip in the middle. It was more comfortable to try to sleep on it sideways. I also tried wedging a pillow behind me to keep me from rolling to the middle.

Otherwise the hotel is great. Clean, great breakfast, plenty of hot water, lots of parking, fast elevators, great atrium in the middle. It was awesome to find cold water bottles waiting for us in the fridge. Coffee in the room was good. Did not try the pool as we spent all our time keeping busy with the Navy bootcamp graduation.

It looked like they have renovation plans, I hope that includes mattresses.

Room Tip: Maybe ask about mattress age?
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Dear Lars22,

Thank you for the very positive comments regarding the hotel and the services, cleanliness, breakfast and atrium. It is very encouraging to hear these words of praise. I do however apologize for the less than comfortable sleep experience and I would love to hear from you to find out what room number you stayed so that it can be addressed right away.

Please contact me at the hotel on my direct line 847-945-4532.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We recently had the opportunity to stay here on Saturday night. Check-in was quick and the room was fine. The hotel is undergoing improvements, so be sure you ask for a renovated room. If you plan to sit on the couch in the room, don't expect much comfort. It is very rigid and makes a 'gasping' noise when you get up from it. However it is a sleeper so one should not be too critical. The breakfast was nice, but the donuts have much to be desired. These must be pre-frozen and thawed ones as they were rather hard and more like 'dunkers' instead of bakery fresh. However I don't stay at Embassy's for the donuts though!

Overall, satisfied our needs and provided me with something to talk about here!

P.S. No acknowledgement as a valued HH Diamond member.

Room Tip: As for a renovated room
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Brad H, General Manager at Embassy Suites North Shore / Deerfield, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Dear JetsForFunJourneys -

Thank you for staying with us and for your feedback regarding your visit. I was pleased to see that you were satisfied with most aspects of your visit and also for items noted that we should address.

I was disapointed that we did not acknowledge your Hilton Diamond Status and would like to determine the root cause and make certain it is addressed with our team. We strive to provide a memorable and enjoyable stay and our goal is that each guest is personally recognized.

My hope is that you will visit us again and please let me know if I may assist you in any way either now or in the future.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Front desk staff were exceptionally friendly, helpful & ready to accomodate our requests. Hotel lobby area, elevators etc all appeared to be clean & in order. The room was very clean, even the tile grout looked like it is regularly scrubbed. Toilet paper wasn't the softest, but we bought our own anyway. The beds were more than comfy, my husband thought they were better than our bed at home, lots of pillows & soft sheets. AC worked marvellously as it was hot during our stay & our two boys (11 & 12) slept comfortably on the roll out sofa bed. Food served at breakfast was better than average, although the scrambled eggs tasted a bit funny, there was fresh pancakes available & omelettes made to order. Coffee was good & there was good selection of fruit, bagels, donuts, muffins etc. for those who would want to grab something & run. Pool was quite small for hotel that size, but that was a small inconvenience considering all the positives. We'd stay again if we needed to be in Deerfield & recommend this hotel highly. If you do plan to spend all your time in Chicago downtown, it's about a 35-45 minute drive depending on time of day so be prepared for that.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Brad H, General Manager at Embassy Suites North Shore / Deerfield, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2012

Dear Fosson,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback from your recent visit. I sincerely appreciate the positive feedback regarding your housekeeping team. They work very hard and it is nice to see when they are recognized.

I also thank you for the detail in your review to assist other readers about the hotel.

My hope is that you will return and please let me know if I may assist you in any way.

Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

This is a neat place. The lobby is beautiful with the Koi fish. Glad there were 3 elevators so everything moved fast. I enjoyed the free drinks daily 530 to 730. Also enjoyed the free breakfast which included custom made omelets. The rooms were very spacious, but needed some work. There was only one basket in the whole room which was in the bathroom. The front desk said they would bring another, but it never made it. The room could have used a better cleaning with the cob webs on the ceiling. Also the pool was nice, but on the smaller side. I should have expected the price for washer detergent plus box of 2 fabric softener sheets would cost almost $5. I would like to try a different Embassy Suite to see how they compare.

• Stayed: August 2012

Dear John37Family,

Thank you for staying with us and also for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your visit. Thank you for the positive comments and also for bringing to my attention the areas for improvement. I have shared your response with the team at the hotel so that we can continue to improve.

I am pleased to let you know that we will be undergoing a 7.2 million dollar renovation to breath new life into the property.

Please let me know if I may assist you in any way in he future.