“Comfortable stay”

GreenLeadersGold level
Ithaca, New York
“Comfortable stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

Signage for the hotel is a little small and difficult to see from the road. Easy access from the highway. Nearby shopping malls and restaurants.
Comfortable room, gracious staff. Breakfast was great; nice selection and helpful staff.

Room Tip: Atrium can get a little noisy at times. Higher floors recommended.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Brad H, General Manager at Embassy Suites North Shore / Deerfield, responded to this review, September 1, 2012
Dear 5Merlin5,

Thank you for staying with us and for your feedback and I am very glad that you enjoyed your visit.

My hope is that you will return and please let me know if I may assist in any way in the future.

All the best,

Gerneral Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2012

I stayed here while visiting family nearby. The hotel itself is very lovely but being that the rooms open up to the atrium, it tends to be very noisy. While I was there, many high school kids were there for some basketball play-offs. The layout of my room was great, however the toilet did not work properly and my hairdryer just blew cold air. I did get a replacement for my hairdryer, but I have a feeling it's hit or miss with this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Brad H, General Manager at Embassy Suites North Shore / Deerfield, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Dear Susan Levit,

Thank you for staying with us during your visit to Deerfield and thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I have communicated your concerns with our team to make certain they are addressed.

Please let me know if there is any way that I may assist you in the future. If your travel plans do include Deerfield I would like to personally assist with your arrangements to make certain we exceed your expectations.

Washington, DC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2012

I arrived at the hotel to found out they had double sold my room and there was no place for me to stay. They offered rooms at a nearby hotel but I decided to go on my own.

The front desk attendant was matter-of-fact about the matter, and wasn't very professional our apologetic.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank Osmosis
Dear Osmosis,

I sincerely apologize for the situation you encountered. I would like the opportunity to speak with you regarding the situation and provide resolution to your concerns.

You may contact me at the hotel at 847-945-4532 or via email at bharvey@destinationhotels.com.

Manalapan, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

We )family of 4) stayed here for 4 days on a short Chicago vacation with family nearby in Wheeling. close to the train station which was the better option to get to Chicago. Great hot breakfast and service. The pool is perfect to keep kids occupied for 1-2 hours. The hotel was packed with kids but we slept well and quietly. I recommend asking for the seventh floor. The room was super clean and having the diving door with the kids on the pullout is also key.

1 Thank ForgotMyRoomKey
Dear ForgotmyRoomKey,

First of all, your TripAdvisor name is great. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit and that you found the breakfast to be great. I also agree that other guests also like the fact that you can have the kids on the sofa bed in the living room and close the door to the bedroom. It is a nice perk with our suites.

My hope is that you and the family will return in the future.

All the best,

Austin, TX
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

Stayed here for a 4-day Chicago-land vacation; picked the hotel due to its rates and since it was not downtown, its proximity to a Metra train station. The Embassy Suites here is like most of the others - two-room suite, breakfast buffet, manager's reception, etc. The room was great - two room suite with a sofa bed in the outer room and THREE sinks - so, we never had a problem getting ready or having to share space. One extra benefit this particular hotel provided was a shuttle bus that would take you to and pick you up from anywhere in a 2 to 3 mile radius - including (and this was extremely important) the Lake Cook METRA station. We bought 10-ride Metra passes and took the train to/from downtown each day. That was a huge benefit, we just had to allocate an extra hour each way for the train time.

The room was clean and kept that way during our stay. The common areas not so much - the breakfast area was decent if you got there at the beginning, but they had a hard time keeping up with it, so consequently things looked kind of "disarrayed" the later it got. I was also surprised that the breakfast was only open until 9:00 am on weekdays; usually it's 10:00 - so we were surprised the first morning, and got down there earlier the next few days.

The staff were friendly enough - the shuttle bus drivers were great; extremely friendly and helpful, and had good recommendations around the area for places to eat, shop, etc. There's really not much within walking distance, you need to take the shuttle to go out to eat or do things, but there was plenty within the 2 to 3 mile radius that they would drive to. Front desk was a mixed bag - some really nice, others kind of ambivalent. I tried to book a shuttle ride to the train station on Saturday morning, and they said quite casually, "oh we don't have a driver on the weekends". So had to figure it out myself and call a cab.

In conclusion, it's what you'd expect from an Embassy Suites, so good value, and apart from the weekday shuttle (and drivers) not much to set this apart from the others. I would consider staying here again only if the rate was really good; otherwise I'd look elsewhere.

Room Tip: The breakfast area is on the West side, so East side rooms may be a bit quieter, but not much.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Brad H, General Manager at Embassy Suites North Shore / Deerfield, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Dear Travel_Reviewer20,

Thank you for staying at the Embassy Suites Deerfield and for taking the time to provide the feedback from your recent visit. Thank you for the kind words regarding our drivers and the other positive aspects of your visit. I also thank you for your suggestions and recommendations. I apologize for the areas that were not exceptional during your visit.

Feedback such as yours is reviewed and we take corrective measures to continue to improve our services. Please contact me at the hotel if there is anything I may do either now or in the future.

Deerfield, IL, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2012

Stayed here for several nights in a row with my wife and 2 yr old son. We always look for a suite to stay in so that our son can sleep in a seperate room. This room had plenty of space for the 3 of us, and was very comfortable. I loved the courtyard area where they serve a great free breakfast every morning and have a "manager's reception" every evening. At the reception they serve very nice cocktails, beer, wine and have snacks.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors are quieter
Dear Dana_pt,

Thank you for staying at the Embassy Suites Deerfield and for your feedback. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit and were able to join us for the complimenatary breakfast and managers reception in the evening.

I agree that it is nice to have the separate parlor area for the children when traveling and many guests visit us for that very reason.

My hope is that you will visit again in the future and please let me know if I may assist you in any way.

Saint Charles, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012

Big rooms and 3 sinks which came in handy when 4 women were trying to get ready in the morning. Clean room, friendly staff and nice breakfast buffet. Easy parking, right off the interstate. Not too much close by to walk to but plenty close to drive to. We went to Ravinia park which was right up the road.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less noise in the morning. 2 double beds are not queen size but you can fit 2 no...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Deerfield
Hyatt Regency Deerfield
Hyatt Regency Deerfield
#2 of 6 in Deerfield
Chicago Marriott Suites Deerfield
Renaissance Chicago North Shore Hotel
Courtyard Chicago Highland Park/Northbrook
Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago Lincolnshire
The Westin Chicago North Shore

Been to Embassy Suites North Shore / Deerfield? Share your experiences!