“Good, Not Great”
Review of Eggshell Cafe

Eggshell Cafe
Ranked #3 of 71 Restaurants in Deerfield
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Ate here last week...was good, but nothing really stood out, in our opinion. 4 out of 5 stars, but we ate at Wildberry Pancakes next day and was a better choice.

1  Thank indychowhound

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Eggshell is always dependable. I've been going there for many years. The management runs a tight ship. The food is always good from the breakfasts to the lunches. The value is always there as the prices are reasonable. The wait staff is usually attentive and the kitchen is consistant and prompt.

Reviewed June 20, 2012

I have eaten at the other Eggshell Cafe on the north-shore a while back and had high expectations of this one. Sorry to say, but I was terribly disappointed. Our waitress had all the charm of cold metal spoon and she excelled at two things: spilling water on the table when filling water glasses and the use of the word "No". My beef sandwich was cold and tasteless served on very poor quality bread and the waitress completely ignored other specifications from other guests at the table. They had no horseradish and really poor commercial grade mustard. Each plate was piled high with french fries to give the appearance of a large portion. The entire restaurant seem to have be worn and dingy

2  Thank fabianannoyed
Reviewed August 27, 2011

Okay, I used to love this place. The food has always been good--especially the omelets... they do those exceptionally well. I have recommended this place to others, and over the years I have taken friends and family there for brunch on a number of occasions. That stops after today.

My wife happened to find a cockroach swimming around in her coffee. Fortunately, she spotted it before venturing a sip! So, immediately I called our waitress over to bring our situation to her attention. She rushed off to alert the manager of what had happened. And do you know what he did? You guessed it. Nothing. He did absolutely nothing. Instead, he let us sit there for about 20 min. or so, without coming over to even say anything or apologize. He didn't offer to comp the meal, or to explain. Instead, our befuddled and embarrassed waitress came back and muttered that he had taken the coffee off the check. That's it. This is by far the worst customer service I have ever experienced in a restaurant. Also, the presence of cockroaches is a real cause for concern. Diner beware!!!

5  Thank Phil S
Reviewed June 27, 2011

My husband ordered the skirt steak skillet and I had the southwest scramble wrap. The food was delicious and the service was great. We were there on a Monday morning, so it wasn't crowded at all. The decor is a little strange (country kitchen and sports theme) but that doesn't really matter much to us. We would recommend this restaurant.