“Bad food, uncaring sloppy service”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Eggshell Cafe

Eggshell Cafe
Ranked #9 of 67 Restaurants in Deerfield
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Boston, Massachusetts
“Bad food, uncaring sloppy service”
Reviewed June 20, 2012

I have eaten at the other Eggshell Cafe on the north-shore a while back and had high expectations of this one. Sorry to say, but I was terribly disappointed. Our waitress had all the charm of cold metal spoon and she excelled at two things: spilling water on the table when filling water glasses and the use of the word "No". My beef sandwich was cold and tasteless served on very poor quality bread and the waitress completely ignored other specifications from other guests at the table. They had no horseradish and really poor commercial grade mustard. Each plate was piled high with french fries to give the appearance of a large portion. The entire restaurant seem to have be worn and dingy

• Visited May 2012
2 Thank fabianannoyed

Deefield
“COCKROACHES!!!!!”
Reviewed August 27, 2011

Okay, I used to love this place. The food has always been good--especially the omelets... they do those exceptionally well. I have recommended this place to others, and over the years I have taken friends and family there for brunch on a number of occasions. That stops after today.

My wife happened to find a cockroach swimming around in her coffee. Fortunately, she spotted it before venturing a sip! So, immediately I called our waitress over to bring our situation to her attention. She rushed off to alert the manager of what had happened. And do you know what he did? You guessed it. Nothing. He did absolutely nothing. Instead, he let us sit there for about 20 min. or so, without coming over to even say anything or apologize. He didn't offer to comp the meal, or to explain. Instead, our befuddled and embarrassed waitress came back and muttered that he had taken the coffee off the check. That's it. This is by far the worst customer service I have ever experienced in a restaurant. Also, the presence of cockroaches is a real cause for concern. Diner beware!!!

Visited August 2011
5 Thank Phil S
“Good breakfast! We would return.”
Reviewed June 27, 2011

My husband ordered the skirt steak skillet and I had the southwest scramble wrap. The food was delicious and the service was great. We were there on a Monday morning, so it wasn't crowded at all. The decor is a little strange (country kitchen and sports theme) but that doesn't really matter much to us. We would recommend this restaurant.

Lake Zurich, Illinois
“Best eggs in town”
Reviewed November 17, 2010

Great food!!! Very nice place-you just feel comfortable there. The service was remarkable. It was even better than the steakhouses. There was this Bulgarian waiter... i dion`t remember his name. I will definitely go there again when i am in the area.

Chicago, Illinois
“This place is far below average and overpriced”
Reviewed March 8, 2010

This place is the worst breakfast place that i have ever visited in the Northshore area.

The food is average but the service and treatment of patrons is unlike anything that I have ever seen.

This place consistently tells patrons that the wait will be far less than it will acutally be, i.e. they quote a 10 mintue wait that acutally turns into a 45 minute wait with no explanation, apology or even acknowledgement that the wait was epically longer than promised. When asked, this place offered absolutely no apoligies when people questioned the estimate. Not even a sorry we are running late.

If you go on a weekend, you will likely find a long line, an arrogant and rude host/owner, and less than average food.

There are several far better options, i.e. Egg Harbor, Eggsperience and Walker Bros.

I would not go back to this place if the food were free!

3 Thank The_Food_Fan_10