“AlwaysGood food, service”
Review of Carson's Ribs

Carson's Ribs
Reserve with OpenTable
Carson's Ribs is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 71 Restaurants in Deerfield
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed May 11, 2013

The food is amazing here but go for the ribs or pork chops. Love the sides of au gratin potatoes and the double stuffed. The cole slaw is the real pleaser even took it carry out to my dad in a nursing home-he loved it.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

We had a great dinner here, the ribs are awesome! Excellent decor, great service and a great value for the price. We'll be going back!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We saved Carson's Deerfield for a family special dinner because we had heard so much about how good it was. We were very disappointed. There were 10 in our group, which triggered the automatic 18% tip - that might have been part of the problem because the waiter really didn't work very hard. The real issue was the food - we ordered ribs - their signature dish - and we waited over 1 hour for the food to be served. This was in a Sunday night - our reservation was @ 5:30 although we did not get seated until 5:50 and our orders weren't placed until 6:00. The food was served about 7:00. When it arrived it was average to below average. There really was nothing special about these ribs. They came with a large bowl of mediocre coleslaw and a potato side - that's it. And the food was warm but not hot.

This place is pricey - 11 adults ordering half slabs of ribs and pulled pork sandwiches - 2 glasses of wine and 3 beers - $300 including the forced 18% tip. It would have been ok if the service had been good and the food had been great. What a bummer.

1  Thank ScoutMidwest
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I think the title of the review pretty much says it all. The food is great and the baby backs are to die for. The restaurant even takes reservations for parties of 6 or more. Certainly someplace I would go to again when I have that hankerin' for some fall off the bone ribs.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

I grew up in Morton Grove and lived on the ribs and steaks of the Carson's in Skokie. Upon the demise of the Carson's at that location, Carson's in Deerfield soon became a favorite. I had never had a "bad" meal, either ribs or otherwise. About 10 years ago I brought some out of town guests wanting to experience "the best ribs in Chicago" to this Carsons - unfortunately all of us received slabs of ribs that were nearly inedible. If it would have been one order, we might of sent it back, but because it was 3 orders we didn't. I figured that Carson's was past it's prime and started going elsewhere for ribs. Thankfully, I went with family recently and had a slab of ribs that ranked as good as I had ever had once again. I am glad to say that Carson's of Deerfield is back on top of my "go to" rib joints.