“Good neighborhood restaurant”
Review of Bobby's Deerfield

Bobby's Deerfield
Reserve with OpenTable
Bobby's Deerfield is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 73 Restaurants in Deerfield
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: A true neighborhood spot with an inspired take on inventive food and drink. This is our version of an American bistro with influences from all over the world. We offer food you can understand but be inspired by. That means the very best seasonal ingredients with familiar but fresh, creative preparations. We present craft cocktails that are well-thought out with fresh ingredients and boutique spirits that all have a story to tell. Our wine list is a carefully curated collection full of depth and personality. We're small scale with big expectations for ourselves and we look forward to having you.
Reviewed August 20, 2014

Good middle of the road restaurant. Good service and food at reasonable prices. Reservations suggested. Free valet parking. Very popular on the weekend. Nice outdoor seating area open during warm weather.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

This is a nice restaurant and very good food. We sat outside on a nice evening and enjoyed our food and drinks a lot. They have a lot of Italian food as well as a good variety of other food. I had the eggplant and my friend had a skirt steak. We both enjoyed our meal. The service was also good.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

We went here with another couple. Both couples had never been here and wanted to try it. The waiter seemed a bit flustered like it was his first night. Three of us started with the Caesar Salad and the other had the Beet Salad, and those were all very good. It was nice that the Caesar had anchovies. We had heard how good the burgers were, so my wife and one of our friends ordered them, my friend's wife and I ordered the Chicken Caprese. The burgers were very good, but not outstanding and the Chicken Caprese was mediocre at best. Very little if any flavor. I did not want the brussel sprouts that came with the entree so I asked for broccoli which was $4.00 extra. That was a bit much.
For desert I had the fresh strawberries, which were overpriced at $7.00, two of us had the Pistachio Gelato, which was good not great and the same for the carrot cake. The coffee was very good. One thing that irked me was the waiter came by when we were having desert and coffee and plopped down the check. It made us feel rushed, so my wife just put the check aside and waited until we were ready. The waiter could have said, "I am leaving this there is no rush", but nothing was said.
There are too many other good restaurants in the area to go to for us to rush back here,

Reviewed June 29, 2014

Pretty good restaurant serving great drinks (sazerac, caipirinha, plus others). Spaghetti carbonara was done the way few restaurants do (i.e. no cream sauce but use olive oil, egg, cheese to coat the pasta). Eggplant parmesan was also very good. Prices a little above average but the quality is very good and service was good also.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

I was a little hesitant when I noticed Bobby's for the first time; many restaurants have come and gone in that location in the last fifteen or so years. Not necessarily bad, just didn't have what it took to be successful.

I have since been to Bobby's three or four times since it opened, and sincerely hope it does not meet the same fate as its predecessors. The atmosphere is nice and the service is fantastic. While I can't remember names, the wait staff truly seems like they care and are always very attentive to our needs.

Drinks: While the list is not extensive, they have a nice collection of craft beers, including some of my personal favorites such as Lagunitas and Half Acre. The cocktails, like the beers, are few on the menu. Those I have tried, however, are delicious, and I'm sure that, like most classy places, they can whip something up if you ask for it.

Food: I absolutely LOVE the Caprese salad, and order it every time I eat there. The tomatoes are huge, crisp, and juicy, and the mozzarella on top is excellent. It is also drizzled with just the perfect amount of balsamic vinaigrette. I have ordered a few of the entrees. All are very tasty. My favorite, and my "go-to," is the Penne a la Maria, which is a delicious pasta tossed with crumbled sausage and sautéed onions in a tomato-based sauce. Perfectly savory, with the onions adding a nice texture as well. I have also had the "Bobby's Burger." Also very tasty, with a nice combination of meat that makes up the burger - I believe it might be brisket and short rib? The gouda is also a nice touch. The gnocchi in beef, while not quite as memorable as the other dishes, is definitely still not bad. However, compared with other dishes on the menu, I would say there is better. Finally, while I have not tried it, my dad always orders the Mediterranean Chicken, and always remarks how it is some of his favorite chicken anywhere (he is quite the foodie, so I usually take his word for it). I have managed to steal some of his roasted potatoes, and they are delicious; perfectly seasoned and with a nice subtle crunch surrounding the soft inside.

Overall, a fantastic addition to Deerfield's food scene. Highly recommend it if you are in the area and looking for something slightly more upscale, yet definitely not fancy.