“daughter at college”

Ramada Limited Decatur
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Decatur
Reviewed September 25, 2012

the hotel was extremely busy there was a convention at the town. The guest leaving at 6 am were extremely loud and there was barely any parking.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Reviewed June 2, 2012

When, at the last minute, I learned that my usual Decatur area hotel was no longer a Holiday Inn Express, I was rebooked (by my company) at the Ramada. The room looked like it was recently remodeled but they forgot to finish the job. There were numerous holes on all walls that were filled with spackle, pencil lines left over from level and plumb lines and drywall that was removed to install a possibly new armoire all left unfinished. Breakfast was poor by the standards of the normal midscale business travel hotel I am accustomed to with no breakfast meat and coffee barely drinkable the first morning and undrinkable the second. Fortunately, the coffee you could make in your room was much better. I thought long and hard on whether to rate the hotel a 2 or 3 but I decided to give it a three based upon the most important factor – I got two good nights of sleep despite the other issues.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Steve1362
Management response:Responded June 28, 2012

Hello Steve1362,
Thank you for the candid and honest review of our hotel. We have received several ex Holiday Express customers and hope you all find a home with us. I must admit you are correct in analyzing we are in the mist of property improvements. The room indeed did appear as you stated and should have not been used yet. Every one of our rooms will receive new wall finishes in our renovation. This one has now been completed. In addition I too like to wake up to a good fresh cup of coffee. Based on your comments I have called our (and other) coffee vendor to come in and review and test our brews. I trust next time you stay at our Ramada you will love the coffee.

Reviewed May 12, 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights. It was an amazing place. The room was big and comfortable. The breakfast was one of the best I ever had. My kids really enjoyed the variety as did I. The pool was excellent. And best of all, the staff was great. The front desk people, the breakfast staff, and even housekeepers were friendly and made me feel welcome. I was very happy when I left and I will stay here whenever I come to Decatur!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Vanessa M
Management response:Responded June 28, 2012

Thank for the wonderful comments about our hotel. We pride ourseives in taking the extra step to exceed out guests needs. We will look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed April 10, 2012

I statyed here few days ago and everything was clean and nice, there were plenty of choices for all of us to eat for breakfast, i would stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank dark190
Reviewed April 6, 2012

We paid 138.00 for this room. Holes in the walls. Paint peeling off the wall in the bathroom. Shower pressure sucked caouldn' t get out all the shampoo. The sink was sitting down in the cabniet. Furniture was very dirty.. Paid way 2 much for this room. They shouldn't have rented this room out 2 anyone until it's fix.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed October 1, 2011

I stayed at the same property few years ago and i got to say the new owners turned this place around. It looks almost like new. The rooms were spotless and beds were very comfortable. We will be back again!

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank dark190
Reviewed July 29, 2011

We've stayed in many Ramada's over the last few months and I found this to be one of the best ones. The room was ready for us to check in as soon as we arrived. Although our room was smoking (because the non-smoking rooms were booked), there was no lingering odor or film that I've found in other hotels. If it were not for the ashtray's we probably would not have even known that it was a smoking room. I found the staff to be exceptionally helpful. We were traveling with a sports team of teenagers and the staff (Dawn in particular) were helpful in locating activities for the group as well as assisting with laundry for the whole team. If we go back to Decatur, I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family