“Average room, cheap breakfast.”

Americas Best Value Inn - Decatur
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Decatur
Indianapolis, In
“Average room, cheap breakfast.”
Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

The location was nice and convenient right off the highway.

I booked through Priceline. I requested a king room instead of queen. Was told they don't give king rooms to Priceline bookings. Most hotels do however. The room was okay. Could have been a little cleaner (furniture arms were a little dirty) but overall not bad. The bed was fairly comfortable. My room was missing a tv remote but the front desk help promptly brought me a new one.

The big disappointment was the continental breakfast. It was cheap cheap. It had the tiniest items I had ever seen (tiny bananas, tiny apples, tiny muffins). There was very little selection overall. Just the little bit of fruit, 2 cereals (one almost empty), toast, English muffins, mini banana nut muffins, and some generic plastic wrapped cinnamon roles. Lots of carbs, very little protein. The second day I stayed, the milk was starting to sour so I couldn't even eat the corn flakes. I never saw any other guests eating breakfast and I think I know why.

If they would simple beef up the breakfast this hotel would be a much better value overall.

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank lynnin31
Harry P, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Decatur, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Well thank you very much for your review I see we did not meet your standards as far as the continental breakfast goes and as always we have had to serve a continental breakfast with fruits , bread group, sweet roll or muffin or Danish with cereals and milk and also fruit juice with coffee for some it will be very skimpy but that's what the continental breakfast consists of and not hot items such as sausage,eggs etc I am sorry but we offer what we advertise and I hope that I will get a second chance to serve you while visiting Decatur in the future

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
new holland
Reviewed June 8, 2013

This is a nice clean place with big truck parking. Trucker rates are good. Subway next door. Nice bed and full pillows. Good TV. And did I mention clean. Windows are clean, the TV is clean and the bathroom is clean. Plenty of chairs and tables. I would say the room size is average and it beats the pants off some of the Super 8 and Days Inn I have stayed at.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank dennis m
Harry P, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn - Decatur, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you very much for your reviews and hope to see you soon while visiting Decatur,IL
Barrington, Il
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I recently had to do an overnight stay in Decatur and called this hotel, The room was a little small but was sufficient for my needs. I require a clean room and bed, a TV that works, and hot shower in the AM. Friendly desk staff was there. Very reasonable price. Hotel does need some upgrades(parking lot) but it was well worth every penny paid in comparison to the competition.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank midwestdriver
Thank you for your reviews and hope to see you again while visiting Decatur,IL
Stockton, Illinois, United States
Reviewed February 16, 2013

we were very tired and didn't want to drive any further looking for a motel that would take a dog. this is off the beaten path and we turned the wrong way, which is how we found it. the dog was an extra $7.50 fee, which is OK. we paid a fee at one other hotel on our trip, we usually try to avoid that. the beds were large and comfy, the room was large with a table, fridge and microwave. the only problem was we had an angled room and the door opened on it strangely and the bathroom had no space. no hooks or bars to hang things. also, the heater doesn't have a thermostat so we ended up cooking after a couple hours of sleeping with it on. it was pretty quiet and clean. the breakfast was bare bones. for some reason the wifi didn't work for me. i would stay there again. economical.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Harry P, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Decatur, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
I would like to thankyou for your review and rating during your stay with us here in Decatur,Il and hope to see you in future during your visit to Decatur
St. Louis, MO
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

This was previously the Days Inn. It appears the management is the same. Rooms are large but very basic. I had a queen bed, mini fridge and microwave. Linens are typical for a budget hotel.

The sink was near the entry door and did not have a cabinet. The toilet and tub were in the bathroom.

The hotel was very clean, as it has been on previous visits. The location is near I-72 and Route 36 and is next to the Decatur Conference Center. The Center has a large sports bar with good food and decent prices so I usually eat there.

I never eat breakfast at America's Best Value Inn. It offers very basic cereal, plain donuts and fruit. I prefer to go elsewhere for breakfast.

For a very inexpensive room ($50), this is a good buy. I plan to return there especially since I have never had a bed bug problem there (which I have had at some hotels near Forsyth).

• Stayed October 2012
Harry P, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn - Decatur, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
I thank you very much for your comments and I personally assure you of the property going to be under a renovation plan offering much updated ammenties and as per comments for the hotel as a good value for money I would like to earn your trust in us and hope to see you soon THANK YOU
Rockford, Illinois
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Although this is very outdated and on the dirty side we have stayed here alot. The bed is comfortable and clean. I am very picky about dirt but it is what it is for $50.00. We have stayed in Forsyth at the Country Inn Suites and paid $110.00 and really don't think it is worth the double price. I look forward to the new ownership cleaning this place up but for $50 i am thrilled it is still here.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank dabbers4605
I thank you for your comments and assure you that we offer a good value for money and being in the budget economy segment of the hospitality industry WE have almost all ameneties and offer a comfortable stay for the price and please be assured we will be under renovation this winter/spring to offer alot more ameneties for the still budget property and would like to ask you for your patronage next time in Decatur.Thank you

Travelers are raving about these Decatur hotels

Terre Haute, IN
Reviewed August 7, 2012

This inn needs an overhaul. Rugs filthy and stained, furniture stained and shabby, bathroom not clean. Haven't eaten breakfast yet . . .afraid to. It is off the road, so is quiet (except for the noisy air conditioner). Bed is OK and clean. No bugs or smokey smells but hall stinks. Check in clerk efficient and friendly. Plenty of parking. I paid $62+ for a single, expected a bit better.

• Stayed August 2012
Harry P, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Decatur, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Sir I appreciate your stay I would like to assure you that were are going to be renovating and truly your observation of carpets are one of the major items to be undergoing renovation it seems you stayed with us during our hottest summer and hence the A/C will be underload and sound heavy trying to keep up hence I assure you all our A/C are 4 yrs and I am taking you comments and implementing changes I would like to offer you a 25% off your next booking stay with us in Decatur,Illinois