“Pay an extra $10 and go somewhere else” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Decatur Inn

Decatur Inn
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Decatur
Smyrna, Georgia
“Pay an extra $10 and go somewhere else”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Traveling with my cheap brother-in-law, I was forced to stay at the cheapest place we could find. Turned out to be the Decatur Inn. This joint is pretty much a dump from the moment you step into the stinky lobby to check in till you leave dirty in the morning because there was no hot water for showering and shaving. (speaking of the bathroom, a mysterious patch of water emerged overnight somewhere between the toilet and the shower...a leak through the floor? a ghostly manifestation? No telling here.)

The pros: decently firm beds (with clean sheets), pretty good cable, good window heater, albeit a little noisy. Had to plug in the not-quite-clean mini fridge and remove a piece of old onion someone had left behind, but it worked in the end. Room had a microwave that was clean but we didn't get a chance to try it out. Nice location on the main north-south highway...walk to fast food.

Cons: terrible bathroom. No stopper for the dirty sink ( no hot water, only lukewarm), the mysterious leak mentioned above, mildewed shower head (again, a moot point without hot water). Generally dilapidated overall condition. Torn and threadbare towels.

By the way, the leak by the toilet and shower, upon second look, seems to be coming from a leak under the sink--on the other side of the toilet--that drips, drains, and pools by the tub. Quality.

We had checked Priceline for options in Decatur, and there were several in the $55 range with better reviews and generally trustworthy name brands. We got this room for $50 out the door. I would have paid an extra $10 for hot water and a bathroom that wasn't out of a bad prison movie. Still, I slept pretty well on the bed and didn't see any bugs or mice.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Billww72

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

I stayed here a few weeks ago to visit my daughter at Millikin. The service was good and the place was fine for the price. I knew I would be making frequent trips to MU so thought this would be a great budget hotel for those visits. I have changed my mind on this visit. I would much rather pay any price than ever stay here again. I requested a King size bed and got a double instead. I was told I would get a King size the next day and no one contacted me. The housekeeper said she would come back to clean our room and get us fresh towels but could only get us two towels. We just arrived back to our room after a long day. The room was not touched. We called the front desk to ask for clean towels. They said they have none. They called us back to tell us that we were marked as refusing housekeeping. We did not. The night before we had to change out towels because the "clean" towel were dingy and stained. They replaced the washcloths with equally dirty towels. i would not wash my car with them. One of the beds sheets were so worn through or just plain dirty that I refused to even sit on the bed. I thought the sheets would have been changed today but housekeeping decided to refuse to clean.We would have left for another place but I had to prepay for our night tonight and they have a no refund policy. I would never stay here. Budget or not it is not worth it. I do not mind cosmetic needs but it is imperative that a place at least be clean. It is also imperative that they provide good customer service. None of this exists at this place. If it were not midnight tonight then I would go elsewhere. I thought it was appropriate to write the review from the room so at least I can say there was one good thing that came out of this deal because it certainly is NOT this hotel. Stay any where but here. The price is not worth the dirt and excruciatingly awful customer service to boot. I have never written a review before so hope this one helps to save others from this dreadful place.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else would be my best tip
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Melissa C

Travelers are raving about these Decatur hotels

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here and got an AWESOME room for the price. Had fridge, microwave and coffee maker. Two beds, comfy chair, couch, very much room. Staff was great. The bathroom was also huge. For 45$ I don't think I could've gotten any better. Definitely recommend.

• Stayed July 2013
4 Thank Iamrunlola
Portsmouth, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2011

For $40 night, this motel far exceeded other $40 motels. There was a mini fridge, microwave, coffeemaker, couch, and desk. Usually, in a $40 room, all you get is a bed and a television; This joint was much classier. Although the cleanliness was just above the $40 motel standard, the space and add-ons helped exceed my expectations. Again, for what it was, I was impressed. (Though what can you expect with cheap room prices?)

In this case, I think the customer gets more than what he/she pays for; especially in comparison to similar establishments.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
10 Thank Cazmit
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2010

Rooms were weill eqipt, with fridge/micro and coffe maker in rooms.i was very surprise with the pirce and service. only think were lacking was pool. this place is older but nice and clean. it served my purpose. nothing fancy. but i was very happy with my room.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo