“Good Pizza, Relaxed Atmosphere, Some Logistics Issues”

Donnie's Homespun Pizza
Ranked #15 of 195 Restaurants in Decatur
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed July 9, 2018

Donnie's pizza is tasty and there are plenty of options for toppings. It is located near Millikin University and has a comfortable, college pizza place vibe. The day we were there they were out of their homemade ranch salad dressing. I understand that they are often out of key ingredients, which is why I cannot rate them higher. A friend of mine went there once when they were out of pizza dough. Really?? Nevertheless, it is a good choice for pizza if you are in Decatur.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed May 28, 2018

I've eaten lunch at Donnie's many times, and when I have a day long planning meeting with business associates this is where I take them for lunch. The pizza is good and the beer selection is good and thoughtful. It's kind of an old hippie type place, so if you're looking for something upscale or "urban professional" this might not be your best choice. I have always found Donnie's to have friendly and attentive service, good food, and good beer. That is a winning combination from my perspective. Recommended.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed May 23, 2018

Donnie’s Homespun Pizza is decent, but nothing spectacular. The thin crust pizza is thin enough to see through. The sauce is average and lacks zest. Multiple toppings are available and justifiably so, in order to cover up this sub-par pizza. Donnie’s doesn’t cut their pizza like a pie, but rather into ridiculous little squares. No one has told the proprietor that it’s called pizza pie, not pizza squares. The highlight for Donnie’s is a nice variety of craft beers, bottled and draught. Prices are average for Decatur, IL and the Oakwood Avenue community. Service is slow and awkward. This is a try it once and be done with it establishment.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed February 21, 2018

Donnie's is a must have while in Decatur. Their pizza is so good! The service is exceptional. You have to wait a little bit for your pizza, but it is worth it!! You can't go wrong with any pizza you order. The atmosphere is very lively, with a college nearby. I would come back again, and I would recommend!

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed December 5, 2017 via mobile

Boyfriend and I visited on an early Saturday night. Waitress was super nice and informative. There was a nice little craft beer selection so we were each able to try something new. The pizza selection looked great, but we opted for calzones. I ordered mine without ricotta cheese but other than that, it was ordered standard and tasted great! A little on the small side considering most calzones are huge, but it was still filling. We had the beer cheese dip as an appetizer and it was pretty good as well, although I would probably try another appetizer the second time around. Great atmosphere, great service, great food.

Date of visit: December 2017