“great dough”

Mount Zion, Illinois, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great dough”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

love it love it love it. if you love a pizza where u can taste the dough, and a very relaxing unique experience only found in a larger city, go. pizza is not quite chicago stuffed, a little different, but is very good and homemade. must try.

Bloomington, Minnesota
“great little spot!”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I love off the wall type spots...and this one fits the bill! I read a number of reviews and decided to take a shot on this place. I've never been to Decatur before and loved eating here! The pizza was good - bordering on great but not quite getting there. We ordered a thin crust and it wasn't as thin as many places...heaped with cheese but sparse on the pepperoni. The pizza avoided being too greasy which is a prime complaint of mine at other places. The cheese bread and the garlic bread are must order items. The atmosphere is perfect though...if you love a non-chain, charming, easy going, non-pretentious place to eat. Great local art on the walls, nice but unrushed, staff and amazing local artisan beers. If you are in Decatur, it is worth a stop.

• Visited June 2013
Macon, Illinois
“Great place!!!”
Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

It is near the campus, but I loved everything about it and I'm in my 50's!!! The service was excellent, we had salads before our pizza and they were awesome, they were large and full of extras!! The pizza was also very good, could of used a little more on the toppings, but still very good. Will definitely go again!!!!

Visited May 2013
Reno, Nevada
“Great Food, come hungry”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

We started with garlic bread, then shared a thin crust veggie pizza, and a deep dish all meat pizza that I refer to as the heart attack. All of the food and beers that we had were wonderful. I love finding local gems when we are visiting out of town. I don't want to eat chain food that I can have anytime and this hit the spot. Be prepared if you have the deep dish to bring home plenty of left overs. My hubby is a hefty eater and he could only manage 2 pieces!

• Visited April 2013
Decatur, Illinois
“This 40 something likes Donnie's”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Pizza is their thing of course and I really like the thin crust. They also have very good sandwiches. If you want to eat healthy, they have great choices. They also have some good vegan dishes. They do have great beer choices. Their wine choices are not bad but it is more of a beer place. They also have smoothies and stuff. The service is ok and everything is very casual. A good place to kick back. (Parking is not the best.)

• Visited April 2013