“NO BEER???”
Review of The Wharf

The Wharf
Ranked #8 of 196 Restaurants in Decatur
Cuisines: American
Description: Phone number of restaurant is 217-423-5450. Lunch & Dinner Menu. Easy to find doing a Google search. Thanks!
Reviewed December 13, 2018

I went here because I wanted a burger and a beer in a dimly lit establishment where I could watch tv as I was in town on a business trip. To summarize, I wanted a pub experience. I was sadly disappoint. This was no pub, I was offered a drink when I walked in only to be told that there was no beer. No explanation, just, we don't have beer, we have pop. there was a tv,. It was about 20" and sat in the corner, playing, America's got Talent. I came in at 8pm and the door was promptly locked behind me. What kind of pub is this??? It was my first time in Decatur, and partially in part to this experience, I hope it's my last.

Date of visit: December 2018

Reviewed August 19, 2018 via mobile

When we first moved here (15+ years ago) everyone was talking about the wharf and how lucky we are to live near it well we went and I was in impressed. In fact I hated it because there was so much smoke in the place I couldn’t breathe.

Well skip forward, Illinois has banned smoking indoors a few years ago so we decided to go back

We went and then went back about a week later. I got tenderloin, fried and grilled. Both really good. My wife didn’t like the tacos because they had chorizo in them, way more spice than she wanted. All the appetizers are good and she loved the horseshoe. The burger in it was incredible

So be sure to go

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed July 31, 2018 via mobile

Never been disappointed with a meal in or take out. The best chicken livers you would ever find, great burgers, fish and chicken.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed July 21, 2018 via mobile

We had a lot of fried food, but none of it was frozen. It was great! Our server was just the right amount of attentive. We'll be back.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed July 10, 2018

A Decatur legend to say the least, not exactly the most easy place to find, but it is a sine qua non if and when you are out in the lake area!

Date of visit: April 2018