“Food was good.. wait for food was not.”
Review of Blue Eggs & Ham - CLOSED

Blue Eggs & Ham
Cuisines: Diner
Illinois
“Food was good.. wait for food was not.”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

My husband and I ate breakfast here after coming to town to watch our kids run in a cross country meet. I was surprised at how small the restaurant was inside but we were lucky to get a table right away. Our waitress was a bit frazzled and there was some lag time between taking our drink order and then taking our food order. The wait for food was long. Like really long. I think the management was aware because he stopped by our table to ask how long we had been waiting and on our way out asked if we had gotten a discount on our bill. (we didn't and we declined as we didn't feel it was necessary.)

The food was good. We shared the breakfast horseshoe (delicious gravy!), biscuits and gravy, and a short stack of pancakes. The pancakes were huge! The portions were very generous and the food was good.

We'd probably go back if we were not on any kind of time schedule but I don't know if I would wait for a table.

• Visited September 2012

IL, USA
“Too Pricey!”
Reviewed April 24, 2012

Over priced for what you get...at least compared to other local restaurants.

Visited March 2012
“The best breakfast i ever had”
Reviewed April 21, 2012

The food was great and the staff friendly. I will be back.

Decatur, Illinois
“Once was enought to see what the hype was about”
Reviewed September 9, 2011

Work-araunt was good discription. You should go ONCE for the atmosphere and to support a local business. At least some place for close by students to go to.

• Visited November 2010
Anna, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sweet”
Reviewed August 5, 2011

I find this place to be charming. I have been pleased with the service and food every time I have dined.

• Visited August 2011